Dearborn Heights Police issue enough ...
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
pitbull law

Dearborn, MI

#228 Jun 8, 2012
been a lawyer in the heights for more than 20 years , all m cases involves aldo gabriel, benn antonasi and thomas myles ( reserve officers ) and paul erickson the department should take immediate action about these individuals or the city will be facing at least 2-3 lawsuits
Noone

Farmington, MI

#230 Apr 30, 2014
Move to DH about 5 months ago and already got 3 tickets. I would make a court date to appear and the chargers will be let go and I would only pay a double parking fine of $140.

2 tickets for running a yellow light and one for running a stop sign...honestly, I just gave up and I could car less why they are doing it . however, I just decided to move out of the city as soon as my lease is up.

do I think these charges were merit?... not all , my story is the same as everyone else in here. either was in the interaction when it was already yellow or came to a complete stop that didn't lasted 10 seconds.

however, all officers told me the same thing... oh you have a clean driving record, make a court date and we will dismiss the charges and in which they do that... conclusion I'm moving out of DH as soon as my lease ends
KaP

Taylor, MI

#231 Jul 8, 2014
I came out of walgreens and made my way down vanborn towards beech daly and I noticed a cop infront of me on the right suddenly slow down and get behind me and he turned his lights on and I pulled over and he told me he pulled me over cause my lights were not on and I was like WHAT!! and looked and sure enough I had the lights turned but not fully on. I had totally forgot to click it over to the last notch and I was like omg I thought it was on and never noticed it omg...still I got a guess ticket or citation and have not got any before so trying to learn what next to do. The officer did tell me though I could call and talk with a magistrate and explain why I didnt have my lights on. So I will be doing that soon.
jess

Minneapolis, MN

#232 Jul 12, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Act like a grown up and take responsability for your actions! You only get a ticket if you are breaking the law! And yes running a stop sign is against the law.
true I got a ticket and I was speading
No longer a resident

Brighton, MI

#233 Aug 23, 2014
Live near DH wrote:
I come from a family full of Police Officers. They have a difficult job that most people are unwilling to do and the first to criticise. But, If anyone thinks that it's normal for a city the size of DH to issue 49,000 traffic violations in one year(2007) thats crazy. The neighboring community of Dearborn only issued 20,000 in the same year. It must be something about driving past telegraph that makes drivers go wild. I'm not talking about speeding or running red lights. I'm talking about sitting in one spot and writing 25 cars for not comming to a complete stop. Then the officers explian how to go in and avoid points on your record. They do this out of guilt for writing a ticket to someone that was not endagering a soul. I don't know if the officers do it for extra pay or they are directed to by their superiors but I USED TO do 90% of my shopping and dining out in DH. I bet that construction on Telegraph north of Ford all but paid for the shinny new Police HQ where everyone can go donate. So if any of you DH residents happen to get a ticket for a dangerous offence like rolling thru a stop sign at .05 MPH just see the Magistrate and you won't get any points on your driving record. Oh but the fine is an extra $40.
That is exactly the final decision of not looking back when moving out of Dearborn Heights . No neighbor patrols just ticket takers.
grady

Monroe, MI

#234 Feb 10, 2015
I got a running through a red light ticket while heading west bound on Van Born, the light was green and turned yellow as I entered the intersection. I had a buddy with me and he said the same thing, I intend to fight the ticket as three points is ridiculous.

It is my understanding a large portion of the money goes to the officers and judges pensions. From what I hear it is not uncommon for an officer to receive 90,000 a year retirement along with health benefits. Many retire young and start a new career.

They don't mess much with the criminals unless they are a menus, you cant get any money from a drug user they just cost the system money so they leave them to steel our stuff for drugs.
Steve

Sumter, SC

#235 Feb 11, 2015
grady wrote:
I got a running through a red light ticket while heading west bound on Van Born, the light was green and turned yellow as I entered the intersection. I had a buddy with me and he said the same thing, I intend to fight the ticket as three points is ridiculous.
It is my understanding a large portion of the money goes to the officers and judges pensions. From what I hear it is not uncommon for an officer to receive 90,000 a year retirement along with health benefits. Many retire young and start a new career.
They don't mess much with the criminals unless they are a menus, you cant get any money from a drug user they just cost the system money so they leave them to steel our stuff for drugs.
Your word means nothing against the officer. Your buddy's word means less.
Yes, all ticket money is split between the state, court and municipality.
You can't win fighting the money. You might win fighting the points if you talk with the magistrate ahead of time. They used to take "advisements" at DH where the ticket is held for six months after which it goes away if you have not more infractions. Most local courts became overwhelmed and stopped allowing those. You still might be able to plea to an "impeding" or "blocking" infraction that does not carry points. Be cool and talk to the officer ahead of time if possible. If the officer does not show, ask for a dismissal.

Avoid Dearborn Heights if possible.
WATCHING LIVONIA

Pinckney, MI

#236 Feb 15, 2015
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Your word means nothing against the officer. Your buddy's word means less.
Yes, all ticket money is split between the state, court and municipality.
You can't win fighting the money. You might win fighting the points if you talk with the magistrate ahead of time. They used to take "advisements" at DH where the ticket is held for six months after which it goes away if you have not more infractions. Most local courts became overwhelmed and stopped allowing those. You still might be able to plea to an "impeding" or "blocking" infraction that does not carry points. Be cool and talk to the officer ahead of time if possible. If the officer does not show, ask for a dismissal.
Avoid Dearborn Heights if possible.
watch out for livonia police too,,they are giving tickets for 5 over on stark rd. just north of hines park. also watch out for livonias famous speed trap on middlebelt rd. between i-96 and plymouth rd.
WATCHING LIVONIA

Pinckney, MI

#237 Feb 15, 2015
No longer a resident wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly the final decision of not looking back when moving out of Dearborn Heights . No neighbor patrols just ticket takers.
unfortunately all city police depts are becoming just revenue officers. you now how the truckers use the cb radio channel 19 to warn each other for speed traps,accidents,,etc. on the highways well if us 4 wheelers [car drivers]were smart we would dedicate channel 22 as our channel to warn each other of speed traps,,pretty simple concept no ?
Steve

Sumter, SC

#238 Feb 16, 2015
WATCHING LIVONIA wrote:
<quoted text>
watch out for livonia police too,,they are giving tickets for 5 over on stark rd. just north of hines park. also watch out for livonias famous speed trap on middlebelt rd. between i-96 and plymouth rd.
Years ago I noted Livonia on one of those national sites that lists the worst speed traps.
Quotas? Absotively!
Middlebelt may be famous to you because you are familiar with it, but the whole city is the killing field. I have seen them back into private driveways between houses and pop out on the next car by. I don't think their radar goes around corners or through buildings. Maybe they keep a 5-over screen leftover without resetting the machine so they can show someone they were speeding when they were not. They are probably not that devious since they are free to write whatever they want anyway. The judge is always going to back them up. I was at 16 one time when a Detroit officer came to court on a 5-over along the 96 service drive. No love was felt. I guess there is no honor among thieves after all.
WATCHING LIVONIA

Pinckney, MI

#239 Feb 17, 2015
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Years ago I noted Livonia on one of those national sites that lists the worst speed traps.
Quotas? Absotively!
Middlebelt may be famous to you because you are familiar with it, but the whole city is the killing field. I have seen them back into private driveways between houses and pop out on the next car by. I don't think their radar goes around corners or through buildings. Maybe they keep a 5-over screen leftover without resetting the machine so they can show someone they were speeding when they were not. They are probably not that devious since they are free to write whatever they want anyway. The judge is always going to back them up. I was at 16 one time when a Detroit officer came to court on a 5-over along the 96 service drive. No love was felt. I guess there is no honor among thieves after all.
the police officers parking in private driveways is ridiculous,,home owners should not be allowing this, as a matter of fact i would not be wanting a police officer using my driveway to ambush speeders in the fear of retaliation from the ticketed driver against my home .ever think about that one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman charged with murder in Westland hit-and-run Sun Probation drop fail 2
O.W. Best Junior High Jun 26 Concerned 1
News Man found murdered in Redford (Sep '12) Jun 24 ANON 19
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) Jun 24 Kim123 15
Melvindale Detective sues Police Chief (Nov '08) Jun 23 know them 153
GAP is! Jun 22 Johnny 1
***sonny heath**** (Jul '12) Jun 22 derp 5
More from around the web

Dearborn Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Dearborn Heights Mortgages