Donna

Taylor, MI

#1 Jun 4, 2011
My daughter received a ticket from Dearborn Heights and she feels that it was unjustly given to her and she would like to fight it. However the ticket is late and should have been paid a few days ago. Can she still fight that ticket or did she give up her right to do so by not responding before it was due to be paid?
Skeeter

United States

#2 Jun 4, 2011
instructions are on the ticket,read it fool
I owe money

Tucson, AZ

#3 Jun 6, 2011
Call the court get new court date. Most courts you pled not guilty. Then judge will have you meet with prosecuting attorney to work out some kind of deal..Sometimes you can meet before court case is heard..Hope this helps..good luck
Tony

Plymouth, MI

#4 Jun 6, 2011
Donna wrote:
My daughter received a ticket from Dearborn Heights and she feels that it was unjustly given to her and she would like to fight it. However the ticket is late and should have been paid a few days ago. Can she still fight that ticket or did she give up her right to do so by not responding before it was due to be paid?
There's a very long thread on this topic. Search for it. Dearborn Heights has a bad reputation for writing BOGUS tickets. I have seen them just stop one car after another for no reason other than quota. People are written for things they never did. Whose word will be believed? The court receives revenue from your ticket as well. They see you once. They see that officer every other day. Best bet is to work out a no-point plea of some kind. They really just want the money-unless you aggravate them in the least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
karen lynn Johns aka karen Tenny Sep 20 aaron 2
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) Sep 15 WATCHING LIVONIA 52
AK Steel/UAW contract (Mar '17) Sep 12 Steelman 27
News Grand Ole Opry to Host Public Celebration of Li... Sep 12 Ray 1
DEARBORN HEIGHTS POLICE Failed to do their Job. (Jun '07) Sep 5 Cheryl 253
is dearborn heights safe ?? (Dec '11) Jul '17 Erick LesFontaines 15
Cancerous Islam Jun '17 range rover 2

Dearborn Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance