Make sure gold dealer is licensed

Make sure gold dealer is licensed

There are 5 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Apr 22, 2008, titled Make sure gold dealer is licensed. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

T HE Q: We Buy Gold, the commercials say. You've probably seen the ads on TV and in newspapers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

John

Tucson, AZ

#1 Apr 22, 2008
I hate those companies that fly int otown, advertise big like they are paying good money, and then leave. We had one in Phoenix recently. They were offering 5.5X the face value for silver coins. And bragging how they pay more because they buy so much in one day and their overhead is lower. 5.5 times? Come on! The melt value is about 13 times right now, and coin shops are offering 10 - 11 times. SO, instead of $5.50 on a nice Peace or Morgan Dollar, local shops are offering $11 or so. IF it is not higher due to numismatic value.

These fly by nighters had a LINE though of people selling ot them at $5.50 for each peace and Morgan dollar. PLus other coins, jewelry, antiques and gold items.

They should be outlawed. People (Mostly older folks who want to cash in a life time of saving coins) are being screwed!
Jack

La Plata, MD

#2 Apr 22, 2008
Maybe lots of folks are sick to death of dealing with local pawn shops and second hand dealers who have taken advantage of their local population for generations. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head to force a sale of items -- remember this is the U.S., not communist China, and folks are certainly free to get a second, third and fourth opinion. Outlawed? Get real.
Frugi

United States

#3 Apr 23, 2008
Unfortunately this article was not researched enough before it was posted. "According to Thomas Terpiak from Maryland you need a license to buy secondhand gold products.", this is the craziest malfunction of clear thinking I have ever read. Please before you publish something related to the most widely known metal in the entire world, do a bit more research. Don't trust some guy who says he is an accredited senior appraiser at ASA. Who cares! If anybody wants to show me where it states in the Constitution or any federal law statute that I need a license to buy gold I will be amazed! Trust no one. Peace
Crap Gold Secrets

Oneonta, NY

#4 Apr 26, 2008
My ebook Scrap Gold Secrets will show you some of the common mistakes people make when selling their scrap gold.

Scrap Gold Secrets will show you how to get the best price for your scrap gold

John Steele
robie

Oneonta, NY

#5 Apr 30, 2008
mmm. maybe i'll hold on to my gold tooth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quality Wee d / Hashes & Meds in Lothian Mar '17 Fergie 1
Searching for Joe and Buster (Oct '16) Oct '16 Nancy 1
News Should Pit Bulls Be Banned in Towson? Readers R... (May '16) May '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
Dunkirk Mobile home Park (Jan '16) Jan '16 Dunkirk Mobile ho... 1
Should We Move to Shady Side (Jul '15) Jul '15 HouseHunter 1
News 4 Anne Arundel Detention Officers Indicted in S... (Apr '15) Apr '15 What 1
google (Jan '15) Jan '15 dsdd 1

Deale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deale Mortgages