Buying a Machine Gun

Buying a Machine Gun

There are 6 comments on the AmmoLand story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Buying a Machine Gun. In it, AmmoLand reports that:

Separating the truth from the fiction can be difficult at times. When it comes to buying certain types of guns you certainly don't want to cross into any gray area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AmmoLand.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 26, 2010
Regulating any type of firearm is illegal according to the 2nd amendment. Our govt (its pigs) will arrest you if they 'think' you're violating any of their 'illegal' gun laws.
Bruce V

Birmingham, AL

#2 Sep 26, 2010
Borrowed from another board:

Subguns.com NFA Firearms Discussion Board

The top 10 Myths

Posted By: 10th Mountain
Date: 9/26/10 01:11

In Response To: Re: Always love hearing that one at gunshows...(kend)

1) Machingeguns are Illegal!
2) You need a license to have one!
3) You have to pay a Special Tax of $_____ every year!(insert amount)
4) Owning a machinegun means the gov't can come to your home anytime!
5) You need a special safe to store it in!
6) Nobody can touch the machinegun but you!
7) ATF confiscates the gun when you die!
8) All sales must go through a dealer!
9) You can never modify the machinegun you have!
10) Nobody can own them because they are so expensive!

“DON'T TREAD ON ME!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 26, 2010
Bruce V wrote:
Borrowed from another board:
Subguns.com NFA Firearms Discussion Board
The top 10 Myths
Posted By: 10th Mountain
Date: 9/26/10 01:11
In Response To: Re: Always love hearing that one at gunshows...(kend)
1) Machingeguns are Illegal!
2) You need a license to have one!
3) You have to pay a Special Tax of $_____ every year!(insert amount)
4) Owning a machinegun means the gov't can come to your home anytime!
5) You need a special safe to store it in!
6) Nobody can touch the machinegun but you!
7) ATF confiscates the gun when you die!
8) All sales must go through a dealer!
9) You can never modify the machinegun you have!
10) Nobody can own them because they are so expensive!
Yeah you got it totally right to me it would be the pain in the ass of haveing to deal with the DOJ. Damn in California if you don't have a safe and some kid broke into your home and stole and had some fun they would string you up. I am working on getting a FFL and opening a store but ever then to much trouble.

“"Stand and Fight"”

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2010
Until they gut all the redtape BS and stipulations concerning with buying/owning/storing a machine gun, I am not planning to buy/own one or even have my AR modified to fire fully automatic. But if they did lax it like before the NFA law of 1934 (forgot what year), I'd have my RRA LAR-15 modified for full auto and 2 shot bursts. And if I do choose a submachine gun, it be an H&K MP-5 in .40 S&W. Until that happens, they are a pipedream.

“DON'T TREAD ON ME!”

Location hidden

#5 Sep 26, 2010
JasonStorm wrote:
Until they gut all the redtape BS and stipulations concerning with buying/owning/storing a machine gun, I am not planning to buy/own one or even have my AR modified to fire fully automatic. But if they did lax it like before the NFA law of 1934 (forgot what year), I'd have my RRA LAR-15 modified for full auto and 2 shot bursts. And if I do choose a submachine gun, it be an H&K MP-5 in .40 S&W. Until that happens, they are a pipedream.
the only safe way to modify and ar is to put select fire in the lower and change the bolt carrier. The mods are totally visible you would have to keep the gun burred in the back yard. You can spend allot of money in a few minutes in auto. I would rather shot longer distance. I have on AR with a 20 inch fluted stainless barrel great varmint gun.

“DON'T TREAD ON ME!”

Location hidden

#6 Sep 26, 2010
I don't think that red tape will disappear any time soon if ever. And if you live in California the laws get real stupid. I am going through the red tap of my concealed carry at the moment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-Semitic banner, fliers tied to arrests of ... Thu John Gold 1
News Ex-yeshiva teacher faces sex assault charges in NJ (May '13) Jul 8 USS LIBERTY 32
News Jersey Shore town threatens Uber, Lyft drivers ... Jun '17 Night crawler8063 1
News Busy N.J. food bank takes new name to reflect e... Jun '17 Unclegus 1
Asbury Park Walking Tours Jun '17 APstories 1
Shooting early this morning May '17 Anonymous 1
Asbury Parks The Student Prince (Jan '11) May '17 vary 4

Deal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deal Mortgages