Putting the hammer down: Sterling wom...

Putting the hammer down: Sterling woman to be featured on 'Ice Road Truckers'

There are 4 comments on the Clarion Dispatch story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Putting the hammer down: Sterling woman to be featured on 'Ice Road Truckers'. In it, Clarion Dispatch reports that:

Winter driving can be challenging, but no where near as much so as for truckers driving big rigs carrying loads of more than 88,000 pounds on some of the iciest highways in Alaska.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clarion Dispatch.

OTRsemiDriverUSX

Schenectady, NY

#1 Jun 21, 2009
Hey Lisa! MY daughter also drives OTR and It's awesome to see your keeping up with the Ol' Dogs lol. Your driving is great. I have two points to share with you. Auto shifts like what we use @USX i thought where for sissy's however they shift better than a driver can and it actually reduces slippage and stalls especially in mountainous areas such as what your dealing with. The other point is I drive up in the UP of Mishigan, North Dakota, Montana and whiteouts are common. I see everyone kinda squints out the windshield and stares. If you scan left out the side window as it is rain x'd along with your mirrors and headlights. Scan 2 sec side to front. You'll see 5 times better to your left. Also if you get a digital nite vision camera which I have on my dash it can cut thru the whiteout and you can drive with that as well. Your awesome! You have avid fans in this household. And please be very careful out there! We would enjoy getting your pictures to our E-Mail and please tell Coldfoot Truck Stop to put in a few desktops with Internet, so us 48'rs can chat with you all especially when your snow bound. Good Truckin and Happy Trails.

The Cheve' Family.
[email protected]
pedal to metal

Cazenovia, NY

#2 Mar 13, 2010
yep, sitting here watching reruns and thought to see if you had a topix..hello to all in alaska!!
love old cars

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2010
Hello to all in Alaska. We never miss an episode of I.R.T. on Sunday night here in Alabama.

“Man I could eat a horse”

Since: Jan 15

Deadhorse, AK

#4 Jan 11, 2015
They told me I was too pretty. so it must fake. Its all filmed in hollywood.Like the moon landing and toilets in the house..Its all for show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deadhorse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a-date (Sep '13) Jan '15 Tundra Wookie 2
Your thoughts of FREE Pipeline novel, PANAMANIA... (Jan '13) Jan '15 Tundra Wookie 4
the biggest dating webs ite in the world free (Sep '13) Jan '15 Tundra Wookie 2
polar bears (Aug '11) Jan '15 Tundra Wookie 2
sue atkins (Apr '14) Apr '14 wide eyes 3
News Thermometer dies at Haul Road camp as it nears ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Peter 1
News January 2010 highs and lows (Feb '10) Feb '10 sup 1

Deadhorse Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deadhorse Mortgages