sevier county sheriff
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
steve

United States

#1 Jul 9, 2009
Just wondering of other's opinion as to how long the current sheriff will last. One term or less?
Mickey

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2009
steve wrote:
Just wondering of other's opinion as to how long the current sheriff will last. One term or less?
I don't know what your problem is with someone harrassing the pot smorkers of DeQueen or anywhere else. I think it is great that those worthless idiots are being harrased by a redneck. Maybee you are one of those idiots the redneck sheriff is continuily harrassing.
steve

United States

#3 Jul 15, 2009
Sorry Leo. I do not live there. Glad you like your 4th amendment rights trampled on. There are others there in high places that do not. What would the morons do to look good to the ignornant if they were in most any other state? Can you say recall?
kelly

Normangee, TX

#4 Jul 17, 2009
I just recently moved away from De Queen and I have known several of the officers because i have had to deal with them due to my job. I just want to praise the officers of the De Queen Police Department. They are courteous and truly care about the public. They represent what all law enforcement agencies should. They are a small dept and do not have all the technology of the bigger dept but they still do their jobs to the fullest. Way to go De Queens Finest
steve

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2009
Back in the days that I lived in Sevier county the city and county police were busy harassing and arresting the citizens that they were sworn to serve and protect with "possession of that there untaxed Oklahoma beer" which BTW wasn't against any laws on the books to posses except in over limit quanities as in bootlegging quanities. They "earned" a good portion of their revenue that way, until it just wouldn't fly any longer. Now it looks as though they are into coke cans. Read below which is borrowed from KDQN local news:

DE QUEEN MAN ARRESTED FOR POSSESSION OF INSTRUMENT OF CRIME 7/7/09
A De Queen man was arrested for possessing an instrument of crime during a traffic stop on Collin Raye Drive .

According to the Sevier County Sheriff’s office, Deputy Clayton Yates was on routine patrol when he observed a vehicle without license plate lights. Yates preformed a traffic stop and identified the driver as 49 year-old Michael Harlan Brown of De Queen. Brown gave the officer permission to search the vehicle and Yates found a small smoking device made of a coke can under the driver’s side seat. Brown was placed into custody and charged with possession of an instrument of crime, drug related.

Can you believe these desperate ignorant morons? Believe it. Only in Sevier county.
kelly

Normangee, TX

#6 Jul 19, 2009
I cant speak for the county officers but as i said before i knew several of the city officers and can honestly say they were all fantastic officers. Even before i got to know them i had been stopped several times by several different city officers and i was treated with nothing but respect and courtesy.Of course I am not one of the people that believe i was stopped for no reason. I know how to take responsiblity for my own actions. Im also on that believes just because i was stopped that i was being harrassed. they have a job to do to and just because they are doing it doesnt mean they are harrassing u. Sounds to me like you werent the most law abiding citizen and when u got caught u wanted to use the lame harrassment excuse.
steve

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2009
Quite the contrary to your assumption. I was never one of the persons being harassed and haven't been stopped for any reason in over 20 years. They knew that I could afford a good attorney and tended to not harasses me at all. I did live on Treating Plant Road for some time and was constantly getting caught up and delayed by their roadblocks at the 70B junction which was there primarily for the sole purpose to catch citizens coming back from Oklahoma with beer, so they could illegally confiscate the beer and then either make them pay a bond right away or go to jail for possessing legal beer. That criminal racket played for years. I also have never used pot or other illegal drugs, don't even use tobacco, and do not have a traffic ticket on my record in over 43 years. You know what they say about assuming something. I am only an observer.
steve

United States

#8 Jul 19, 2009
I do not know why this keeps posting different locations. I live in Polk County Arkansas.
kelly

Normangee, TX

#9 Jul 21, 2009
steve i never said that u used illegal drugs but from the tangent ur going on about the confiscation of beer ill bet that ur an alcoholic. Which i noticed u did not deny when u denied using drugs or nicotine.and im pretty sure that u have driven drunk on more than one occassion. now let me ask u something if ur mother,sister or other family was killed by an idiot that decided to go out and have a good time and thought he was "okay" to drive home wouldnt you be happy for the road blocks that stop and catch these morons.I dont know how long it has been since you have lived in dequeen and im not saying that it was not way then but i do not believe that the officers that work now do that. and as far as what they say about assuming i call'em like i see'em. Have you heard of "when it walks like a duck"
Steve

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2009
kelly wrote:
steve i never said that u used illegal drugs but from the tangent ur going on about the confiscation of beer ill bet that ur an alcoholic. Which i noticed u did not deny when u denied using drugs or nicotine.and im pretty sure that u have driven drunk on more than one occassion. now let me ask u something if ur mother,sister or other family was killed by an idiot that decided to go out and have a good time and thought he was "okay" to drive home wouldnt you be happy for the road blocks that stop and catch these morons.I dont know how long it has been since you have lived in dequeen and im not saying that it was not way then but i do not believe that the officers that work now do that. and as far as what they say about assuming i call'em like i see'em. Have you heard of "when it walks like a duck"
I could assume that since you were frequently stopped by the police and loved them and later on loved working with them that you fit the profile of someone that sleeps with cops. But I would not bet on it. What would ever give you the idea that I am an alcoholic because I was caught up in their "searching for untaxed beer" roadblocks much too often while trying to get home after a hard days work. How could that possibly make me any safer? Most of their victims were just ordinary hard working people who ran over to the line and picked up a six pack or two because beer couldn't be purchased in Sevier county. They do not do it any longer because it was struck down as being illegal activity in the high courts. They should be made to repay every person that was fined for that with interest IMHO. The point of my topic was the Sevier county police and their staying in the papers harassing most anyone that gets out and drives around a bit. But believe me, there is plenty of dirt within the city police department. As for you assuming me being an alcoholic, I sometimes drink red wine with dinner. Probably two or three times a week. Does that make me an alcoholic? I would hardly think so.
Sheryl

United States

#11 Jul 22, 2009
i believe that you hit the nail square on the head more than you know steve.
james

Sugar Land, TX

#12 Jul 22, 2009
OK i got a few things to grip about!!! What is up with sevier counties finest harassing us at the river?? For the past few weeks now my family and i have been swimming and haveing a good time and the sheriff department comes in and runs their finest drug sniffing dogs (they couldnt smell Shit!!!), through every vehical at the river. Stateing that the dogs hit on every vehicle. And come to find out, there were no drugs in any of them!!!! I seen the officers tear throgh those vehicals and find nothing, then just walk off and leave their personal belongings strude across the ground. If you tear it up you put it back!!!
They cant take police reports worth shit either. I have had several people comment that they have called upon the officers to take reports of their property being vandalized. Did they come???? Hell no!!! Called several times and was given the run around by their ignorant dispatchers. I know they are busy but come on not all of them are busy 24/7. They are just too busy sitting their asses at Papa's or the ranch house.
Steve

United States

#13 Jul 23, 2009
james wrote:
OK i got a few things to grip about!!! What is up with sevier counties finest harassing us at the river?? For the past few weeks now my family and i have been swimming and haveing a good time and the sheriff department comes in and runs their finest drug sniffing dogs (they couldnt smell Shit!!!), through every vehical at the river. Stateing that the dogs hit on every vehicle. And come to find out, there were no drugs in any of them!!!! I seen the officers tear throgh those vehicals and find nothing, then just walk off and leave their personal belongings strude across the ground. If you tear it up you put it back!!!
They cant take police reports worth shit either. I have had several people comment that they have called upon the officers to take reports of their property being vandalized. Did they come???? Hell no!!! Called several times and was given the run around by their ignorant dispatchers. I know they are busy but come on not all of them are busy 24/7. They are just too busy sitting their asses at Papa's or the ranch house.

They have no right to walk their dog around anyone's vehicle without first either gaining permission from the individual or obtaining a search warrant. Never give them permission because when the K9 alerts (most times on command) they have probable cause. At least they weren't planting evidence. Wouldn't it be a good thing if before running for elected office persons seeking the job had to pass a mandatory I.Q. test? Anyway, I am through here.
kelly

United States

#14 Jul 23, 2009
just to let u know steve that i dont sleep with cops im a happily married man,and as i said before that i was not disputing what happened when you lived in dequeen because i did not live there then. What i said was that i did not believe that the officers that work for the city now would not do that.Again i cant not speak for the county because i moved shortly after they changed office. Im also not disputing the fact that there are crooked cops im just disputing that the ones i know were not that way.
Rosemary

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#15 Jul 24, 2009
I grew up in De Queen and can say in 1981 the De Queen police and sherrif's office dropped the ball when it came to the August 1981 MURDER of a well known and loved LADY and didn't complete their job of arresting everyone involved and now no one wants to talk about that murder or let anyone who has the right see the case file as of 1990 we the family or at least one member wasn't allowed to see the file and was told it was better for everyone if she left and dropped it as it was a closed case!! Well I hate to inform these officials but there is no statute of limitations for murder!!!!!
steve wrote:
Back in the days that I lived in Sevier county the city and county police were busy harassing and arresting the citizens that they were sworn to serve and protect with "possession of that there untaxed Oklahoma beer" which BTW wasn't against any laws on the books to posses except in over limit quanities as in bootlegging quanities. They "earned" a good portion of their revenue that way, until it just wouldn't fly any longer. Now it looks as though they are into coke cans. Read below which is borrowed from KDQN local news:
DE QUEEN MAN ARRESTED FOR POSSESSION OF INSTRUMENT OF CRIME 7/7/09
A De Queen man was arrested for possessing an instrument of crime during a traffic stop on Collin Raye Drive .
According to the Sevier County Sheriff’s office, Deputy Clayton Yates was on routine patrol when he observed a vehicle without license plate lights. Yates preformed a traffic stop and identified the driver as 49 year-old Michael Harlan Brown of De Queen. Brown gave the officer permission to search the vehicle and Yates found a small smoking device made of a coke can under the driver’s side seat. Brown was placed into custody and charged with possession of an instrument of crime, drug related.
Can you believe these desperate ignorant morons? Believe it. Only in Sevier county.

“Remember Lemira Emery”

Since: Jul 09

Jacksonville,FL

#16 Jul 24, 2009
Rosemary and RosemaryE are one and the same! And I dearly miss Lemira Jane Emery and want answers from the local yocals!! I think I deserve answers!!!!
Rosemary wrote:
I grew up in De Queen and can say in 1981 the De Queen police and sherrif's office dropped the ball when it came to the August 1981 MURDER of a well known and loved LADY and didn't complete their job of arresting everyone involved and now no one wants to talk about that murder or let anyone who has the right see the case file as of 1990 we the family or at least one member wasn't allowed to see the file and was told it was better for everyone if she left and dropped it as it was a closed case!! Well I hate to inform these officials but there is no statute of limitations for murder!!!!!<quoted text>
james

Centerville, TX

#17 Jul 27, 2009
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no right to walk their dog around anyone's vehicle without first either gaining permission from the individual or obtaining a search warrant. Never give them permission because when the K9 alerts (most times on command) they have probable cause. At least they weren't planting evidence. Wouldn't it be a good thing if before running for elected office persons seeking the job had to pass a mandatory I.Q. test? Anyway, I am through here.
Amen to that one. So they have to get permission to even get the dog anywhere near the vechical??? Didnt know that. Thank you.
bigsexy

Centerville, TX

#18 Jul 27, 2009
wat i would like to know is wat do they do to women who sexual assult young boys. i know a woman who slept with a 16 yr old boy and nothing is being done.
Charles

De Queen, AR

#19 Aug 10, 2009
Steve before u start giving out your legal advice check your facts. They have the right to walk the dog around any vehicle they choose. They do not have to get a search warrant or get permission from the driver to do so. But nice try trying to give the local dopeheads a way not to get caught.And by the way the seatbelt issue was a state law that was amended and not a local one. Again check your facts.
Charles

De Queen, AR

#20 Aug 10, 2009
Steve you know people like you really aggaravate me. You sit on your high horse and preach to the masses about how awful the police are and how they should all be fired but your the kind of person that is the first to call them when you have a problem that you most likely created yourself. I bet you wouldnt be so supportive of the dopeheads if they were selling in your neighborhood. As far as them stopping for the seatbelt law they dont create the laws but they have to enforce them. They have a job to do just like any one else. I have a friend who is a cop in Texas and he always says dont get mad at the stupid people if it wasnt for them he would be out of a job, so thank you Steve for being one of those people who keep my friend employed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Queen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Junior Gonzalez (Apr '15) Nov 22 Luis 3
what do you think about senior zach albin (Nov '11) Nov 21 lulu 2
sevier county snitches Nov 21 Chillin 4
News Dierks brings 'Beach' to Jonesboro Oct '16 Guest 3
dopers (Jul '15) Aug '16 Cece 7
good bye glasgow. (Aug '15) Jul '16 dontjudge 6
News De Queen man pleads guilty to sexual indecency ... (Mar '09) Apr '16 not right 33

De Queen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

De Queen Mortgages