230-plus citations issued in Fridays ...

230-plus citations issued in Fridays U.S. 41 crackdown

There are 9 comments on the Green Bay Press-Gazette story from May 18, 2009, titled 230-plus citations issued in Fridays U.S. 41 crackdown. In it, Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that:

Police officers from Kenosha to Marinette wrote 126 citations for speeding and 33 for seat-belt violations Friday night as part of a joint effort to crack down on dangerous driving on U.S. 41, the Wisconsin State Patrol reported today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Yeah Right

Terre Haute, IN

#1 May 19, 2009
"Panosh said the goal was not to raise revenue."

Then donate the money our you are a liar.
Hugh Girrod

El Paso, TX

#2 May 20, 2009
LMAO!
Yeah right.
We don't have a quota either.
Dirty bastards!
auroranorth

Onalaska, WI

#3 May 28, 2009
This is un American in its concept and an honest political system would purge the creature that dreamed up this fund raising scheme, whats Next a tax on Chocolate Milk ?
Poker Fan

Genoa City, WI

#4 May 29, 2009
the 4th amendment is not what it says it is ..Cops will do what ever they want..Obama is taking down the path of no return..Aren't all of the morons that voted for him very proud.
hog head

Racine, WI

#5 Jun 8, 2009
The cops are just as bad on hi-way 31 from Kenosha threw Racine. It's a damd police state!!
Area man

North Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 9, 2009
Poker Fan wrote:
the 4th amendment is not what it says it is ..Cops will do what ever they want..Obama is taking down the path of no return..Aren't all of the morons that voted for him very proud.
What does Obama have to do with the local law enforcement? They've been having 'crackdowns' on speeders, seatbelts, drinkers for decades. I doubt that Obama has anything to do with this. And if he does, I'll give him credit for paying attention to the issue of speeding drivers in Wisconsin. For some reason, I don't think he micromanages the country to that level. I'd direct your complaints to a local level for better results.

And if everyone is so concerned about getting caught, here is some advice: Drive the speed limit and you won't have to worry. Otherwise, take a chance and bite pay the piper if you get caught speeding.
auroranorth

De Forest, WI

#7 Jun 15, 2009
Area man wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Obama have to do with the local law enforcement? They've been having 'crackdowns' on speeders, seatbelts, drinkers for decades. I doubt that Obama has anything to do with this. And if he does, I'll give him credit for paying attention to the issue of speeding drivers in Wisconsin. For some reason, I don't think he micromanages the country to that level. I'd direct your complaints to a local level for better results.
And if everyone is so concerned about getting caught, here is some advice: Drive the speed limit and you won't have to worry. Otherwise, take a chance and bite pay the piper if you get caught speeding.
are you blind or just stupid,? you didnt see the stimulus funds ladeled out to local communities,? so this push isnt a push by a federal agency ? come off the french kiss Obamas butt routine. He and his cronies are most definitively behind this intrusion into peoples lives, maybe he should have bedroom police next to make sure you dont do anything someone somewhere might disapprove of, you Obamapologists make the rest of us sick.
Area man

North Chicago, IL

#8 Jun 17, 2009
I think its the right wingers who are concerned about what goes on in the privacy of folks' bedrooms.

Getting back to the topic. Again, this isn't the first crackdown on speeders and seatbelt violators. It happens all the time, under both parties. Driving is a priviledge, slow down and you won't have to worry about the black helicoptors taking you away.
wi_rizzo

Appleton, WI

#9 Jun 27, 2009
I got a ticket about a month ago .. first one in over 20 years .. did I deserve it ? Hell ya .. I was speeding, I got caught .. I paid the man .. am I bitter or mad ? nope .. I deserved it, I WAS speeding .. factored out to about 8 bucks a year ..
Stop whining and either obey the limits or pay the man .. your choice ... nobody is picking on you for petes sake .. grow up !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Pere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free beer for all Trump supporters Thu Amy 1
A Criminal Shoots Students at a Wisconsin High ... Apr 25 Culture Auditor 1
Ashwaubenon Music Forum (Nov '12) Apr 24 Musikologist 16
Are African Americans welcomed in Green Bay? (Feb '12) Apr 17 Anonymous 24
Aaron Rodgers & Olivia Munn Make Surprise Appea... Apr 7 Da Coach 3
Trump/Sanders 2016 Third Party Apr 4 poppy 2
News Oshkosh Muslims spread true meaning of Islam Mar '16 SHERI 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

De Pere Mortgages