People getting ripped off buying gas in DeLeon

Posted in the De Leon Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tired of getting screwed

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2009
Why is it that the people of Deleon have to pay on average 16-17 cents a gallon more than all the towns around us? Why is Allsup's and Shell always the exact same price? Why are they in cahoots even though they are completely different ownership? I'ms sick and tired of these bastards ripping us off.
Rush L

Orlando, FL

#2 Nov 17, 2009
It could a result of the free enterprise system. They are free to charge what they want and you are free to not buy from them. Drive to where this 16-17 cents a gallon cheaper gas is and buy it.
Observe and Destroy

Buffalo, NY

#3 Nov 18, 2009
Rush L wrote:
It could a result of the free enterprise system. They are free to charge what they want and you are free to not buy from them. Drive to where this 16-17 cents a gallon cheaper gas is and buy it.
Wow, you're the only one I've ever seen defend the ripoff gas stations around here. You're obviously one of the flunkies that works at one of them. Next time you're at the pump, why don't you stick that gas nozzle up your ass and light it. Then go WOOHOO!
long-haired country boy

Gorman, TX

#4 Nov 18, 2009
Observe and Destroy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're the only one I've ever seen defend the ripoff gas stations around here. You're obviously one of the flunkies that works at one of them. Next time you're at the pump, why don't you stick that gas nozzle up your ass and light it. Then go WOOHOO!
that's tooooo funny....woohoo!!!!! lol

Since: May 09

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Nov 20, 2009
That is the cost of living in a small town.
Chaplain Bubba

Buffalo, NY

#7 Nov 20, 2009
death_by_pop_tart wrote:
That is the cost of living in a small town.
No, that's where you're wrong poptart. It's the cost of living in De Leon, Texas. Not the cost of living in Dublin or other small towns, where the price is consistently cheaper. 16 cents a gallon profit above the figured in profit when the gas is delivered is a very high profit. You're getting squeezed real good and I hope it gives you a real good hard on every time you fill up.

Since: May 09

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Nov 20, 2009
Totally off the point that I was stating, guess my fault for not being clearer. I ment you pay more on certian items for living in a small town like food, dry goods and fuel, but on the other hand housing is cheaper and not as much BS and crime as in the city.

Chaplain Bubba

Buffalo, NY

#9 Nov 21, 2009
death_by_pop_tart wrote:
Totally off the point that I was stating, guess my fault for not being clearer. I ment you pay more on certian items for living in a small town like food, dry goods and fuel, but on the other hand housing is cheaper and not as much BS and crime as in the city.
But again, your point is pointless. Gas is always much higher in Deleon than in surrounding small towns. The two self serves here make a much much higher profit per gallon than our neighbors. Housing is cheaper because there is no housing available. Just overpriced, cockroach infested shacks or trailers. BS and crime? Do you never read the police report in the newspaper? If you did the "per capita" figures for crime in Deleon, you'd find that it's right up there with any big city. Those are some pretty dark blinders you're wearing.
real folk

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Nov 21, 2009
Bubba, man get your blinders off and read what poptart said. They never agreed or disagreed with you. They just stated a very common known fact of small town life.
real folk

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Nov 21, 2009
death_by_pop_tart wrote:
That is the cost of living in a small town.
You trade one thing for another.
Rush L

Miami, FL

#12 Nov 21, 2009
It cost a lot more money to get gas to DeLeon than it does to Dublin.
Jace

Cisco, TX

#13 Nov 23, 2009
And in Dublin, feel free to pick up your beer when you fill up.
Just Me

United States

#14 Nov 23, 2009
Jace wrote:
And in Dublin, feel free to pick up your beer when you fill up.
Yep, anytime the subject of Deleon comes up, alcohol has to enter the picture. Alcohol is very important in Deleon.
Just Me

United States

#15 Nov 23, 2009
real folk wrote:
Bubba, man get your blinders off and read what poptart said. They never agreed or disagreed with you. They just stated a very common known fact of small town life.
I think you and poptart are a little slow. I believe bubba was pointing out that DELEON is a small town, DUBLIN is a small town, but prices are always much higher in DELEON than in DUBLIN. Never mind the tired old saying of everything being higher in a small town. Any moron knows that little generality. There's something a little fishy about the price of gasoline here. Lonnie Allsup and Ahmed Hussein must have some private arrangement since they always have the exact same price. It's a little weird.
real folk

Fort Worth, TX

#16 Nov 23, 2009
Same subject but going two different ways. But the fact is that Bubba and poptart were both agreeing just under different reasons.
the truth is

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Nov 23, 2009
It is not just fuel also look at groceries and dry goods. Many De Leon folks do their business in Brownwood or Stephenville because of the savings.
Forget the cost of gas, just fuel up enough to make it to the next town.
I am black

Buffalo, NY

#18 Dec 14, 2009
the truth is wrote:
It is not just fuel also look at groceries and dry goods. Many De Leon folks do their business in Brownwood or Stephenville because of the savings.
Forget the cost of gas, just fuel up enough to make it to the next town.
Yes, the cost of everything is higher in small towns, but the fact remains, gasoline is always higher in Deleon than the other small towns. This seems to be the point that some of morons here don't understand. You folks need to quit smoking that crack.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#19 Feb 17, 2010
?
shelby reagan

Abilene, TX

#20 May 18, 2010
my family is not the richest peopel in town evry time we buy gas it hurts us they need to lower the prices
curious

De Leon, TX

#21 Aug 31, 2010
death_by_pop_tart wrote:
Totally off the point that I was stating, guess my fault for not being clearer. I ment you pay more on certian items for living in a small town like food, dry goods and fuel, but on the other hand housing is cheaper and not as much BS and crime as in the city.
There's actually just as much or more crime in De Leon as in a big city if you count it as per capita. The majority of crimes, yes the majority, go undetected, unenforced and un-punished. Two of the Grumbles gang got busted but that was a rare occurrence. As mentioned before, there's more of the Grumbles crime family running loose right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Leon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr fubar 22,308
The power of drugs ,and those who use them (Apr '13) Fri Wished I never me... 23
Reach Broadband is at it again. (Mar '14) Fri wtf 4
He SAYS hes a CATTLE RANCHER Jul '14 Maria 2
He Sold His Families Farm Jul '14 Maria 2
Shoppin Baskit is even worse than Lawrence Bros. (May '11) Jul '14 DeLeon Sucks Balls 8
He sold land to Texas Parks Jun '14 his uncle killed ... 1
•••
•••
•••

De Leon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

De Leon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

De Leon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in De Leon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••