Two gay men kicked out of Chico's Tacos restaurant for kissing ...

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

Two gay men kissed at a Chico's Tacos restaurant, prompting guards to eject them and a police officer to endorse their ouster.
Comments
1 - 20 of 334 Comments Last updated Jul 20, 2009
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Give me a BREAK

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Ignorance is pitiful. As a frequent customer of yours who witnesses discrimination against Mexican people and fights it, you're going to tell me, that you have done the same to another group? As a business, one person's money is just as greener as the the next and you need to put your small-mind aside. I for one, will not be returning to your establishment or recommending anybody go there either.
outta of here

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Sad that the world is still full of homophobic people.
Quit judging others!
JNNM

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

I hope these guys take this to the limit and ensure that justice is served. In today's world expect to see kissing among all! Get over it you homophobes!
Man In The Mirror

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

No self-respecting Gay man would be seen eating at Chicos Tacos! Shame on them!
New to Town

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Wow, I hope Chico's backs down and apologizes for this behavior, as well as El Paso Police Department - that is inappropriate conduct on the officer's part if it occurred as reported!
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" means exactly that. I would not care if I was the manager, but they do have the right to do as they wish, it's their place. I'm sure the Asinine Communist Lawyers Union will urge the men to sue the place; that's what they do.
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

wiccan and proud wrote:
<quoted text>
To me its not filth for one. and read your book of faith ppl. no one has the right to judge another but god himself or herself.they gays should have the right to hug, kiss and love thier partner as much as we have the right to as a straight person. and for all those that casting those religon stones, i bet you have never truly read your book of faith cause you would be worried about that you might not be doing to send you arses to hell.pay attention to your own lives stop worrying about what others are doing in their life so that they might be happy. and EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO THAT,
I agree, but a business can do as they wish.
Alex Moreno

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

I'm from Colorado, and I was acutally in Chico's Tacos last week. I really can't believe that, that just happend. My dad David loves that place... but anything you gotta do right? But my opinion... Let them go... let them do their thing. But for real? you GUYS! DUDE DONT DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Border Native-American

Florissant, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

I would have booted them out too.
Good job Chico's Tacos, sounds like a decent fast food place to take the family.
Jace

Cisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

wiccan and proud wrote:
<quoted text>
To me its not filth for one. and read your book of faith ppl. no one has the right to judge another but god himself or herself.they gays should have the right to hug, kiss and love thier partner as much as we have the right to as a straight person. and for all those that casting those religon stones, i bet you have never truly read your book of faith cause you would be worried about that you might not be doing to send you arses to hell.pay attention to your own lives stop worrying about what others are doing in their life so that they might be happy. and EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO THAT,
I personally don't like public displays of affection between a man and woman, woman and woman, or man and man. It is a respect issue. You should be able to wait to kiss and make out until you are in the privacy of your own home.
That being said, if they kicked out a gay couple for a public display of affection, they should kick out straight couples too.
Mke in Dallas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

wiccan and proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo for you, well stated!
Totally Fed Up

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Give me a BREAK wrote:
Ignorance is pitiful. As a frequent customer of yours who witnesses discrimination against Mexican people and fights it, you're going to tell me, that you have done the same to another group? As a business, one person's money is just as greener as the the next and you need to put your small-mind aside. I for one, will not be returning to your establishment or recommending anybody go there either.
FYI, a business, whether a restaurant or whatever, has the right to refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they deem important. If this is the way they felt, they were justified to ask them to leave.
new mexican

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Man In The Mirror wrote:
I agree with you, I don't see what the big deal is about this restaurant. They're just a bunch of soggy flautas.
Why

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Like it or not a business has the right to refuse service. The ones at fault here is the EPPD not Chicos Tacos. My girlfriend, and I were asked ti leave a Jack in the Box when they gave us our order to go because she kissed me. I had just come back from a six week training in Germany. We didn't make a big deal out of it or call the cops. The manager came up and said he would feel more comfortable if we left, handed us our food and we did. Sure we were upset at first but we didn't blow it out to be a civil rights violation.

A brief bio on myself, I worked for the ACLU for 4 years and I'm a proud card carrying member.
now what

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Man In The Mirror wrote:
or a straight man for that matter. Those tacos are gross anyway!
Paul

York Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Totally Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, a business, whether a restaurant or whatever, has the right to refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they deem important. If this is the way they felt, they were justified to ask them to leave.
Your are half right. It is unconstitutional for a business open to the public to deny service to a protected class of citizens.(Jewish, Black, Christian, White, female). Homosexuals cannot be denied access to a business open to the public for being gay. However, kicking someone out for openingly displaying their affection is okay, especially in a family establishment like a restaurant.
95Aggie

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Totally Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, like they can refuse to serve blacks because of their skin color, people speaking a language other than English, people of a different religious background than themselves. Oh wait! No, they can't!

If you, as a restaurant owner/manager, have an issue with a customer's behavior and ask them to leave that's one thing. To use slurs and derogatory language in addressing them is something else. For a police officer to threaten a citizen based on false information and invalidated laws is totally unacceptable.
Qualm

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Bob wrote:
How TERRIBLE! Two people who love each other displayed a brief moment of affection. Totally unacceptable! I would rather go into Chico's and see two men engaged in a knife fight. That would make me feel better.
Haha.. if the guards wouln't have kicked these guys out you may have had two men engaged in a quite different sort of "knife" fight.
On a more serious note, any sort of PDA isn't a pleasing dinner companion, especially the homosexual variety. Knowing that a restaurant will prevent this (straight or homosexual) sounds like good business to me.
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

They weren't refused service, they were thrown out because of the security guard using his own judgment rather than complying by the rules of his employer.
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Smartguy wrote:
They were afraid they might start eating each other's "Boy-Taco"
LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent De Leon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Larry Grover 22,212
He SAYS hes a CATTLE RANCHER Jul '14 Maria 2
He Sold His Families Farm Jul '14 Maria 2
Shoppin Baskit is even worse than Lawrence Bros. (May '11) Jul '14 DeLeon Sucks Balls 8
He sold land to Texas Parks Jun '14 his uncle killed ... 1
Reach Broadband is at it again. Mar '14 De Leon Internet 2
If we only known (Jul '13) Mar '14 Anonymous 11

Search the De Leon Forum:
•••
•••
•••

De Leon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••