Taco Chain Boots Men for Gay Kiss

Jul 12, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16

EL PASO - A group of men in El Paso, Texas, say that security guards and a local police officer discriminated against them last month by forcing them to leave a taco restaurant because of a gay kiss, reports KVIA-TV. Carlos Diaz de Leon and four friends were at a Chico's Tacos restaurant -- a popular local chain -- in Montwood for dinner late on June 26 when security guards at the establishment noticed two of the men kissing and said the behavior meant they would have to leave. De Leon called the police, who sided with the security guards, citing a state law against homosexual activity that was overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2003. Section 21.06 of the Texas penal code, which was overturned by the high court, said a person commits an offense if he or she engages in "deviant sexual intercourse" with a person of the same sex. De Leon said his two male friends briefly kissed on the lips. El Paso passed an antidiscrimination ordinance with protections for sexual orientation in 2003. An El Paso police spokesman told KVIA-TV that the responding officer was a rookie who misinterpreted the law. De Leon and his friends filed a complaint with the police department's internal affairs unit this week. The security firm, All American International Security, stood by the actions of its guards, saying that the men were being "loud and rowdy." Chico's Tacos owner Bernie Mora denied that his restaurant discriminates. "We are here to sell tacos, not to offend anyone," he told KVIA-TV.

Full Story
mark in toronto

Brampton, Canada

#1 Jul 12, 2009
What is it with Texas lately?
Gay bashing is a regular thing now.
I say let them secede from the U.S. and become part of Mexico ... on second thought, Mexico probably doesn't want them either.
What a bunch of red neck Nazis.
Mulatto Madness

Salinas, CA

#3 Jul 12, 2009
mark in toronto wrote:
I say let them secede from the U.S. and become part of Mexico ... on second thought, Mexico probably doesn't want them either.
You have no clue. If you bothered to look into history you would have known that the Nazis were the biggest gay dating club there ever was. Ernst Roehm (head of the Brown Shirts) was in the sack with a teenage boy when he got busted. Geli Raubal blew her brains out when she found out that her uncle/boyfriend Adolph Hitler's penchant for young boys. It would seem that you admire Nazis because the people you insulted in your post didn't like Nazis (don't want gays) in their midst. Don't believe me? Go read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shire who was a correspondent with Associated Press in Germany during the time. Either you are ignorant or you are stupid.
michael

Marquette, MI

#4 Jul 12, 2009
police rookie needs to be fired we dont want one of his kind out on the streets
tomas

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2009
The police should be held accountable. They should know exactly what the law is and is not. Whether the youngsters were overly active in kissing is really beside the point. What is a kiss, anyway. There are heterosexual children having bjs on the busses to school. Don't point fingers at a gay kiss.

“Marriage=Love+Co mmitment.....”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 12, 2009
Ruby wrote:
<quoted text>
How is this one incident a "regular thing"? This was a routine bar raid that got ugly because of a few radical queers. It's all the queer whining that "blows" it out of proportion. Maybe you should go get yourself a veggie dog and take a walk in the park.
Why did you start yet another thread when there was already two? To get some attention?
Maybe you should learn to read the story the thread is about before you open your ignorant bigoted mouth. Since when is a taco chain a bar???

“Marriage=Love+Co mmitment.....”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 12, 2009
Any reports on how many less tacos they have been selling lately?
tomas

United States

#8 Jul 13, 2009
The Taco chain should consider naming a new dish "The Gay Kiss" taco? What a lot of too do about nothing. A kiss is a kiss is a kiss....
Pete

United States

#9 Jul 13, 2009
Mulatto Madness wrote:
<quoted text>You have no clue. If you bothered to look into history you would have known that the Nazis were the biggest gay dating club there ever was. Ernst Roehm (head of the Brown Shirts) was in the sack with a teenage boy when he got busted. Geli Raubal blew her brains out when she found out that her uncle/boyfriend Adolph Hitler's penchant for young boys. It would seem that you admire Nazis because the people you insulted in your post didn't like Nazis (don't want gays) in their midst. Don't believe me? Go read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shire who was a correspondent with Associated Press in Germany during the time. Either you are ignorant or you are stupid.
That is very intelligent of you. Because some Nazis were gay, all gays are bad.

Let's see how that plays out for you.

Stalin was hetero. All heteros are bad.
Mao was hetero. All heteros are bad.
John Dillinger was hetero. All heteros are bad.

In addition all heteros must also be dictators and/or bank robbers. We could probably go on all day with comparaing heteros to exceedingly bad people, but you and I know that neither all heteros or all gays are bad. You're just an idiot who writes before he thinks.
Simon

New Port Richey, FL

#10 Jul 13, 2009
perhaps if they served fish tacos they wouldn't have been there in the first place
tomas

United States

#11 Jul 13, 2009
I have a feeling that this kiss incident will not go away. It has media potential, being such a silly issue. Given what kids do today in public, kissing is wonderful, clean and wholesome by comparison!
Maxwell Smart

Yuma, AZ

#12 Jul 13, 2009
You "tailgunners" just don't get it. You are an embarrassment to humanity. You are not normal. Your conduct is offensive and immoral. I wouldn't want you in my business either. Have you no sense of shame? Quit pushing your sick, immoral and perverted values on society. You should be rounded up and exiled on a deserted island and left alone to conduct to your immoral and unnatural doings in privacy and away from straight thinking moral people.
jahill

United States

#13 Jul 13, 2009
WHY IS IT THOSE MEN ARE KISSING MEN IN public, this is the devil work of the devil, exposing innocent little boys to this behavior will make our young boys think this is how you be a man, is to be with a man…ugh….disgraceful. Apparently, these queens were around their mother too much and not the father. I use to hear history will repeat itself and is has ...READ "Salome and Gomorrah".

Being “a Gayster” is not a trend; this is telling the world these men and others like them are freaky because they like having sex with the same sex as themselves.

It's Adam and Eve NOT Adam and Steve.
Texann

Cisco, TX

#14 Jul 13, 2009
mark in toronto wrote:
This is not representative of all Texans. It shows your ignorance that you would categorize all Texans in this way because of the actions of a few.
If would be like saying all white men are child molesters because the majority of child molesters are white males.
Most Texans believe "live and let live". If the gay couple was kicked out for a public display of affection, then all straight couples should be kicked out for public displays of affection, also.
Jace

Cisco, TX

#15 Jul 13, 2009
jahill wrote:
WHY IS IT THOSE MEN ARE KISSING MEN IN public, this is the devil work of the devil, exposing innocent little boys to this behavior will make our young boys think this is how you be a man, is to be with a man…ugh….disgraceful. Apparently, these queens were around their mother too much and not the father. I use to hear history will repeat itself and is has ...READ "Salome and Gomorrah".
Being “a Gayster” is not a trend; this is telling the world these men and others like them are freaky because they like having sex with the same sex as themselves.
It's Adam and Eve NOT Adam and Steve.
Get out of the dark ages!! Also, it's Sodom, not Salome.
I guess you missed the part of the bible that says "Judge not lest ye be judged". I bet you also missed the part where Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins. Once Jesus died for our sins, there were no longer "degrees" of sin but instead "all sins are equal in the eyes of God". In other words, homosexuality carries the same punishment as lying, adultery (also included when you divorce and remarry), etc.
Sheila

Sherman, TX

#16 Jul 22, 2009
i certainly would not continue to visit a restuarant that allowed such moral turpitude to be acted out in front of innocent children! Who could keep their food down after seeing such behaviour?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 22, 2009
TX .. a land of idiots .. like bush!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Leon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin Nov 19 Sulpy 1
The power of drugs ,and those who use them (Apr '13) Sep '14 agree 24
Top 10 Ways to Use Apples Sep '14 jillmariemeyer23 1
Shoppin Baskit is even worse than Lawrence Bros. (May '11) Sep '14 wtf 11
Reach Broadband is at it again. (Mar '14) Aug '14 wtf 4
He SAYS hes a CATTLE RANCHER Jul '14 Maria 2
He Sold His Families Farm Jul '14 Maria 2
De Leon Dating
Find my Match

De Leon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

De Leon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in De Leon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Eagles vs. Cowboys Full Preview
NBC Sports 7:05 AM
Why do Giants fans hate the Cowboys and Cowboys fans?
Bleacher Report 7:15 AM
2014 Week 13 Fantasy Football Running Back Rankings
Bleacher Report 7:43 AM
Everyone Knows 'Ladell Beckham Jr.'
ESPN 8:25 AM
DeMarco Murray chases Eric Dickerson's record