Future of sidewalk project could be decided Tuesday

Jul 6, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Victoria Advocate

Originally published July 6, 2009 at 4:57 p.m., updated July 6, 2009 at 5 p.m. Plans to design and engineer the downtown sidewalk and street improvement project were approved in January by a split city council.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Aug 26, 2009
moving sidewalks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

If you want to see how NOT to do a downtown sidewalk, just check out the downtown of De Leon, Texas. Talk about screwed up, the sidewalks are "ADA approved" and are a maze of up and down steps and rails placed oddly all over the place. You'd have to see it and use it to believe it.
Jace

Cisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Agree. It is especially clumsy for us clumsy people that walk with our heads in the clouds. Couldn't tell you how many times I've tripped.
long-haired country boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

i watch where my feet are going when i walk and still trip over the cracks. it is bad on us older folks with bad knees to walk on a sidewalk here. i feel sorry for those in wheelchairs who have to use the walkways. i guess the money set aside for that project was spent on something else.
bad idea

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

long-haired country boy wrote:
i watch where my feet are going when i walk and still trip over the cracks. it is bad on us older folks with bad knees to walk on a sidewalk here. i feel sorry for those in wheelchairs who have to use the walkways. i guess the money set aside for that project was spent on something else.
For those who use a power chair, it's a horrible obstacle course. Great example of what happens when the government is in charge of something. All common sense is lost.
Jace

Cisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

bad idea wrote:
<quoted text>
For those who use a power chair, it's a horrible obstacle course. Great example of what happens when the government is in charge of something. All common sense is lost.
Wow. I kept telling myself that even though it was dangerous for me, it was at least a benefit for people with disabilities. If it is even hazardous for them, it needs to be immediately ripped up and re-done.
long-haired country boy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

maybe they are starting. the steps across the alley from the library have yellow tape across them on one side.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent De Leon Discussions

Search the De Leon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 46 min Gasman 22,181
He SAYS hes a CATTLE RANCHER Jul '14 Maria 2
He Sold His Families Farm Jul '14 Maria 2
Shoppin Baskit is even worse than Lawrence Bros. (May '11) Jul '14 DeLeon Sucks Balls 8
He sold land to Texas Parks Jun '14 his uncle killed ... 1
Reach Broadband is at it again. Mar '14 De Leon Internet 2
If we only known (Jul '13) Mar '14 Anonymous 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

De Leon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••