Wow, Degraff, you should be so proud

Posted in the De Graff Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Proud

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Those guys on your squad are something else. They can't get a squad out the door for a code, impressive. Had to wait 10 minutes for Bellefontaine to get there to do Degraff's job. I would think these issues should come up when they are begging for tax remewal monies.
Proud

Bellefontaine, OH

#2 Dec 28, 2012
*renewal
code 3

Troy, OH

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Been that way for years. Why not ask how many people have died or how many times robinaughs has come to degraff. Talk to your council. Talk to the squad. Call riverside ems president ford. Or call Greg beaty. Its not their family so they don't give a sh!t. Be proactive. They are volunteers but have the same training as professionals. And if they are gonna volunteer then do it not half a$$ it.
bellefontaine

Sidney, OH

#4 Dec 29, 2012
riverside does good with what they have. I am sure some of them have other jobs since this is volunteer. I thought when a squad did not answer their page they went ahead and sent another squad. When I called for a squad for a family member not to long ago I told dispatcher if it took riverside very long to send Bellefontaine-riverside was there in no time.
degraff

Sidney, OH

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Degraff is a small town we do not have people stationed at the squad house like Bellefontaine does.I bet this makes people on the squad feel real good to say its not their family so they don't care.I am sure if anybody wants to volunteer their time to get more people on the squad they would be glad to take you.
exactly

Loveland, OH

#6 Dec 29, 2012
They need to combine the small town squads in to a few centrally located units that are fully staffed. Don't start griping about response time...they don't respond in a timely manner now. Also, don't talk about the price of upkeep for a full time staff. Right now, they are maintaining multiply buildings and equpment. It could be done.

By the time DeGraff responds and the Beatty guy tracks cow crap all through your home, Robinaughs could be there and transport to a hospital
degraff

Sidney, OH

#7 Dec 30, 2012
wow!!! IF I NEEDED A SQUAD COW CRAP WOULD BE THE LAST THING THAT I WOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT. IF THERE WAS NO DEGRAFF SQUAD WE WOULD BE ON HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT TOO. EVERYBODY SHOW UP TO A COUNCIL MEETING SO THEY NO WHO IS COMPLAINING AND NOT ON TOPIXS. BET THAT WONT HAPPEN. BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE.
exactly

Loveland, OH

#8 Dec 30, 2012
Wow, If I needed a squad, I would like one to show up. If they cant get enough volunteers to support the squad then they need to disband so that a call can initially go to a squad that can respoind. Valuable time is wasted waiting to see if they want to respond. DeGraff and Quincy need to combine squads and the fire departments to save money and better serve the two communites. What is going to a council meeting going to accomplish? They can't make people volunteer and show up. This is about coming up with a solution to better serve the commmunity. The area is spending out tax dollars ineffciently. It doesn't matter how much equipment or how big the buildings are if they don't have the people to rspond.
degraff

Sidney, OH

#9 Dec 30, 2012
Well if a squad does not answer or respond the dispatchers page out another squad. At least that's how it used to be. I understand that time is important but you still have to wait for bellfontaine squad which it will at least be 10-15 minutes. Can somebody wait that long? That would even be if Bellefontaine was paged first.You would have to wait also.
code 3

Troy, OH

#10 Dec 30, 2012
So I have been doing research. Talked to a council member. And found out that this has been going on for years. Riverside squad is separate from the fire Dept and are a volunteer non profit organization. They have a board. They also have a contract with the village to provide ems service when they have personnel available. It is for over $4500. Can we get coverage for cheaper? I agree that de graff and Quincy should combine, but does that fix the problem? I spoke to a council person at church and she said she was a firefighter paramedic and so is her husband and they don't volunteer here. Why not? Maybe there is a bigger problem then we really know about. Tried to call Joe ford but no answer and cant find a number for greg beaty. And yes I agree that if he tracks cow crap into your house how can you trust them to provide safe sanitary care for you loved one. Gross.
degraff

Sidney, OH

#11 Dec 30, 2012
ok so tell someone to take their shoes off before entering your house!Its not about being sanitary when you r putting gross. The safe part of it has nothing to do with his shoes. Sounds like you should run for council or even better mayor since it sounds like you have all the answers. No response time is going to be good if you are not stationed right there.
exactly

Loveland, OH

#12 Dec 30, 2012
Ha ha. Well...let's see, if they don't show up I guess you can't even say they have a response time.

So I guess we don't have anything to compare what would be a proper response time , now do we?
code 3

Troy, OH

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Have you ever seen a MRSA infection or staph? Yeah its gross. And comes from unsanitary conditions. Should change his shoes boots whatever. I will look into response times. And I would love to run for council. May do that this fall. But how is that gonna change anything? If the council people now haven't done anything then where do you start?
degraff

Sidney, OH

#14 Dec 31, 2012
showing respect for our squad. I have a scanner and riverside squad was paged out this morning and from being paged to arriving on the scene it was 11 minutes. Thanks to all you suad members.
exactly

Loveland, OH

#15 Dec 31, 2012
I agree, if it is taking them an extended amount of time to show up anyways, take two minutes to take of the cow crap covered boots.

Running for council isn't going to change a thing. The issue is there is not enough volunteers to cover this area. They need to combine small, local squads and the funding and have full time staffing. It could be done with the money that is being used to keep three and four small squads up and running that don't respond anyways.
degraff

Sidney, OH

#16 Dec 31, 2012
squad Since some are good at bringing people down thought I better fix my misspelled word.
bellefontaine

Sidney, OH

#17 Dec 31, 2012
I just talked to a council member and they said to come to a council meeting and bring it on since u no so much. Here we go again about cow crap. Lets grow up and talk about the real situation. Thanks riverside ems u are doing your job well.
cow crappy shoes

Troy, OH

#18 Dec 31, 2012
So all you guys on the squad? Or village council? So what is an acceptable response time 2minutes out the door? 11 minutes to the scene? 8 minutes without oxygen and your dead. Who do you compare to? Is sheriffs Dept sent to scene first or with the squad. Are they trained. Lotta questions no answers except to say attaboy to the squad as you are all doing. Whatever how many people gotta die before something is done?
exactly

Loveland, OH

#19 Dec 31, 2012
Hmmm, an acceptable response time...maybe showing up for starters.
just sayin

Sidney, OH

#20 Dec 31, 2012
yes 11 minutes cow crappy shoes they have to drive to the squad house they don't have jets. We will see if squad is done away with u will be mad at another squad for not bein there in your amount of time. Also sounds like u are questioning the sheriffs dept. R they trained/well go ask. I worked in Bellefontaine had to call a squad for in town Bellefontaine and took them almost 10 minutes to get there and they r stationed right there. They might of been finishing up another call. Cant make everybody happy in this world but lifes to short to be a hater.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Graff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the best way to wipe your bottom after ... (Apr '10) 7 hr rjs 122
buying houses Feb 8 tired of rent 1
Drug addict losers who like Obama and Liberals Feb 4 Scum 1
Addicts Jan 29 Ugh! 1
Single women Jan '17 iphonetrapstar 1
News Thompson, Dunlap & Heydinger recognized as Octo... Dec '16 Cow Tails 2
sandra green. thief. (Jul '14) Dec '16 spivey 9

De Graff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance