band fanatic

Lodi, OH

#1 Jul 21, 2012
How many kids are in band this year and where are some of the competitions at? Is Mr. Shook still there, he has turned that program around hope they don't lose him for a long time if he is still there.
Band Parent

Bucyrus, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2012
I'm not sure of the exact number, but they have 60-70 kids this year. Shook is still there. They have competitions at Licking Heights, Columbus Grove, New Bremen, and Westerville Central. They also have the Bellefontaine Band Spectacular.
band fanatic

United States

#3 Jul 21, 2012
He has done wonders with the band program there. When my son graduated from there the only thing you could every hear was the drums, nice to hear the rest of the band. I can only imagation how the sound this year with that many kids. Hope they keep him there for a long time.
band fanatic

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2012
does anybody know if RHS is hosting a Drum and Bugle Corp again this year or not? If so when?
Mouth

Bucyrus, OH

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Except for his swearing and temper. If he can keep those in check his program will grow! They look and sound fantastic! Nice to see that they let in those girls who have to wear skirts all the time
Aaaaaa

United States

#6 Sep 11, 2012
I'm going to guess that because you didn't know there were girls with skirts in the band, that you haven't been following the program much. Therefore, your statement regarding his approach to practice/performances seems a little antagonistic. Those who are directly involved respond well, and are quite successful. It is still a volunteer activity, and if it is too much for some, they don't have to participate.
That being said, not only does the number of participants continue to grow, so does the quality of performances. Last spring he finally had the high school choir sing the Alma Mater, and had a combined group number with the Jr high and hs choirs. And, I don't know for sure, but I heard there was a standing room only crowd for the beginning band meeting.
Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to question high expectations and strict discipline. Kids seem to respond well.
Awesome

United States

#7 Oct 6, 2012
The band sounds amazing this year. These kids have put countless hours and energy into practicing and should be very proud of themselves. Good luck in New Bremen tonight!
Concerned

Bellefontaine, OH

#8 Apr 6, 2013
band fanatic wrote:
How many kids are in band this year and where are some of the competitions at? Is Mr. Shook still there, he has turned that program around hope they don't lose him for a long time if he is still there.
I'll bet your feeling differently now. Its a shame...It really is.
Concerned

Bellefontaine, OH

#9 Apr 6, 2013
Aaaaaa wrote:
I'm going to guess that because you didn't know there were girls with skirts in the band, that you haven't been following the program much. Therefore, your statement regarding his approach to practice/performances seems a little antagonistic. Those who are directly involved respond well, and are quite successful. It is still a volunteer activity, and if it is too much for some, they don't have to participate.
That being said, not only does the number of participants continue to grow, so does the quality of performances. Last spring he finally had the high school choir sing the Alma Mater, and had a combined group number with the Jr high and hs choirs. And, I don't know for sure, but I heard there was a standing room only crowd for the beginning band meeting.
Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to question high expectations and strict discipline. Kids seem to respond well.
Yea....High Expectations and strict discipline.....oh and lets not forget rape and sexual battery. The kids aren't responding well now. If he is guilty...its unforgivable and I hope the punishment fits the crime. Either way, the band will suffer. Its such a terrible shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Graff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Applegate Aug 6 Tonya 1
We need a new mayor in Quincy Aug 5 Jack 2
Spradlin's Auto Repair (Apr '16) Aug 4 Matt 7
This site is crap Aug 3 DLs 2
TC benefit dinner (Nov '16) Aug 2 Gossiper Pros 6
Tbolts champs! Jul 26 Andrea99 1
News Two Logan County school superintendents charged... Jul '17 Japanese_Food_Expert 3

De Graff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

De Graff Mortgages