First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Insider

Oxford, OH

#1 Apr 11, 2009
I see mostly negative comments on the Topix forum and that's okay, but I think everyone takes a lot of pride for the Riverside Powerlifting team. Coach Stewart and his kids have done a wonderful job. Coach Stewart treats every athlete like their his own and is totally devoted to their success and well being. It's not about the awards they win and that's a lot. It's more about the confidence and the pride that each lifter develops. I would recommend that if any student would like to belong to a positive and fun activity, The Riverside Powerlifting team is for you. Thank You Coach Stewart and all of our lifters for you hard work and great example of positive things happening at Riverside.
I Agree

Oxford, OH

#2 Apr 12, 2009
Insider wrote:
I see mostly negative comments on the Topix forum and that's okay, but I think everyone takes a lot of pride for the Riverside Powerlifting team. Coach Stewart and his kids have done a wonderful job. Coach Stewart treats every athlete like their his own and is totally devoted to their success and well being. It's not about the awards they win and that's a lot. It's more about the confidence and the pride that each lifter develops. I would recommend that if any student would like to belong to a positive and fun activity, The Riverside Powerlifting team is for you. Thank You Coach Stewart and all of our lifters for you hard work and great example of positive things happening at Riverside.
I have to agree with your whole topic. Scott is such a stand up guy and his family is super.You can see the love and support he has for each of these kids at the meets.And he has shown each one of them that hard work pays off,as well as to give back to the community that gives to them with all the volunteer work they have done.They all deserve a good pat on the back. Thank you Scott and Lisa for all the love and support you show these kids(and do not recieve pay for it) you do it because you care and their sucess is enough pay for you both.The RHS district needs ton more just like you.
Insider

Oxford, OH

#3 Apr 12, 2009
" I Agree " Thank You for reminding me That Scotts wonderful wife Lisa has really taken a role as the supportive Mom to these kids and the girls on the powerlifting team love her . Thank You Both for all you do and it's great to see how much fun Scott and Lisa seem to have.
Riverside Parent

Sidney, OH

#4 Apr 14, 2009
I agree with all the above comments, the powerlifting team is a wonderful group of kids and Scott and Lisa well you couldn't meet a nicer couple. What really upsets me is the school doesn't even recognize these kids for their accomplishments, I think they should be included in the spring sports banquet and be able to receive something for their letterman's jacket, come on band gets reconized. It is amazing the community support these kids receive lets hope they are able to stay a team
if the levies fail.
Way to go Scott and Team for taking second at state.
whatever

Mount Vernon, OH

#5 Apr 14, 2009
looks like a bunch of kids on steriods to me!!
The Truth

Wapakoneta, OH

#6 Apr 14, 2009
This has been a positive for Riverside and all involved neeed congratulated. Glad to see kids getting physical activity while building self esteem.
Riverside Parent

Sidney, OH

#7 Apr 14, 2009
whatever wrote:
I guess you don't know a thing about this team or their coach. How can they be on steriods when they compete in the ADFPF (American Drug Free Powerlifting Federation)and the lifters are picked randomly to submit to drug testing. This is a group of good hard working kids, and are learning that hard work does pay off. I know for fact they are in the weight room 3 days a week training for these meets. As a parent of one of the boys it pisses me off for them to be accused of steroid use. These kids have enough to worry about with the uncertainty of the school district for them to have to worry about small minded people like you is just a shame. People can never just see the good in children but have to look to find the negative.
Insider

Sidney, OH

#8 Apr 14, 2009
Riverside Parent, You are totally correct, this is a wonderful organization and the steroid comment is not only an insult to the program but to Coach Stewart and everything he stands for. This is a very positive forum and their are no negatives about this group. I am very proud of our Riverside Powerlifting Club.
not nice

Marysville, OH

#9 Apr 15, 2009
whatever wrote:
You sound like a parent or student that didn't get the spot light on youself or your child so you choose to bash the ones that work hard and are proud of their accomplishments.Have you ever gone to a meet? We attend all of them just to support such a great group of kids.And if I ever needed a parent around for my child I would want it to be Scott and Lisa.these 2 have opened their hearts and door to all of these athletes. I'm sad as well that they do not get better recognized at our school but look at it on the bright side,If the levy doesn't pass this is one thing the school can not take away from them.Sure they may not be able to use the weight room BUT i'm sure there is someplace and someone willing to go out on a limb for this fine bunch to ensure such a great program could continue.Again Thank You Scott and Lisa for all you give of your self.
For the kids

Wooster, OH

#10 Apr 15, 2009
I think the person that calls them self (what ever) needs to post their real name, since they know nothing about the hard work & dedication the kids put into this. This must be someone who has never worked hard doing anything except having a NEGATIVE attitude. Grow Up!
i have a coupon

Mount Vernon, OH

#11 Apr 16, 2009
For the Kids, you crack me up, you want someone else to post their real name but yet you are hiding behind a fake name? makes no sense.

Since: Apr 09

Oxford, OH

#12 Apr 16, 2009
Scott Stewart runs one heck of a great program. The powerlifters, both the boys and girls, are hard working. They all spend several days a week in the weight room and still manage to participate in other sports and help out in the community. At such a difficult time for our district it is really nice to see the positive attention these lifters are bring to our school and community. Thank you Scott for all that you GIVE to these young men and young ladies and to the community as a whole. You have earned the respect of the your lifters and their parents and as we all know, thats not so easy to do these days. And thank you Lisa for giving up your husband so that he can be there for his lifters and for all time that you, yourself give to the lifters. We appreciate you both! Ryan & Zach, thank you for sharing your parents with everyone. thank you lifters for being such a positive influence in your school and your community.
RHS POWERLIFTER

Saint Paris, OH

#13 Apr 29, 2009
whatever wrote:
We are NOT a bunch of kids of steriods. It took the boys along time and dedication to build their muscle. we compete in meets that are steriod free. Our team is made up of nothing but hard working kids that are good at what they do. Our team accomplish many goals. I'm proud and the community is proud of everything we do. Be jelous we are hard working kids.
Riverside powerlifter

Sidney, OH

#14 Apr 29, 2009
As a riverside powerlifter i give all thanks to coach stewart, he has helped all of us boys and girls to become better people, not only become better people but learn to respect and have pride for what we do and who we are. People who want to leave negative comments and comment on steroid use are lazy to me, because apparently you spend too much time on the computer and not enough time in the community supporting us! Thanks very much coach stewart and lisa!

Since: Sep 09

Hamilton, OH

#15 Sep 24, 2009
coach stewart would NEVER tell one of his lifters to do steriods. he is completely against them. he loves seeing how much his lifters can achieve without them. if you plan to accuse someone like him of something like that, get your facts right. of all people, coach stewart is the most honest and loving guy you will ever meet.
Shawn Hoffner

Belle Center, OH

#16 Oct 29, 2009
The powerlifting team is great and work hard. Not only the days they have to be in the gym but at home. I have several of the boys come to my house and use my weights. One of my neighbors boy is on the team and he is always trying to push himself to the max....Not just him but also his friends they are very serious about this sport and they will always have my support. I'm not like one of those chickens that want to sit back hide behind a fake name and talk about children they don't know......I am involved and would love to continue to help this generation make it in all they do!!!!!!
socks

Celina, OH

#17 Nov 24, 2009
POWERLIFTERS BLOW BIG ONES!!! they think there all hott shit!!
power supporter

Marysville, OH

#18 Dec 11, 2009
Everyone come and show your support for these athletes as they host a once in a life time event on saturday and admission is only $3.oo that is cheaper then a ball game. If you have never been to a lift meet before you dont want to miss this one not to mention the range of ages you will get to see @ this meet.It starts @ 9AM. Good Luck RHS Powerlifters we will be there to support you.
right

United States

#19 Dec 12, 2009
I have seen some of these kids and there not all that great. Some of them have developed atitude problems of there own. I do have to agree though that there is no drug use, and its rediculous that in todays age if you see muscles its steroids
Thats True

Marengo, OH

#20 Dec 12, 2009
I will have to say that their is some negatives and posities to this program. There is some kids that are making it look bad. They have a little bit of muscle and they are being bullies. It is very unfortunate that a few people can make the whole program look bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

De Graff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bellefontaine Council discusses 9-1-1 server, n... 23 hr nifocELVIS 5
Riverside football Mon RHS the joke 5
Jobs May 2 Worst 2
Degraff Creamery Apr 27 Old timer 3
Family looking for a place to rent. Apr 22 unknown 2
test Apr 21 test 1
News County mayors discuss upcoming events Apr 16 eyeRessELVIS 1
More from around the web

De Graff People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE