Visit No Mo

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

There was a time when I would come to Daytona Beach at least twice a year. The entire place is a cesspool now. Not sure if your elected officials have let the place down, the police are either inept or hamstrung, or whatever, but really with the exception of a few pockets, the place looks like a homeless village, drug treatment center, and all the jobs are filled by 17 year olds with bad attitudes.
Just hated to see that it all went downhill. I hear that Panama City Beach has been rebuilt and revitalized, guess I'll be giving it a try.
Slick

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Actually what Daytona needs is a high colonic.
Seriosly, the 'Good Ol' boys are still trying to run this town like they did in the 60's and 70's.
We have a new mayor - not sure what, if any, difference that will make. Let us all hope for the future - hopefully they will stop living in the past.
whats needed

Argyle, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Whats needed to pull D.B. up? Its almost like a police state now with the cops as they are. Any suggestions?
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

It's a snowball effect. When cities like Daytona are under seige from the government, newspapers like the Journal, and people like Pat Rice are paid to print how well corruption is doing. Daytona Beach has garnished a reputation, on the idea, that going there, can't be good. Unless, you're homless. A drug addict, You want to write a note and rob a bank or convievence store, even if you want to commit murder, get a sleezy lawyer, and use the stand your ground rule, to get a slap on the wrist, it's possible. Wele 1380 radio opperates without a license and that has been admitted by the owner. The same 5-6 people call in, and Big John [the owner] complains about corruption & owns stock in Internation speedway corporation. He won't advertise any business except the few he has, and he talks about Buck's Gun Rack 5 times a day. Daytona is an advertisment for dispair. It' abusive to anyone that wants it be more, than a place not to visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Daytona Beach Forum right now

Search the Daytona Beach Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 3 hr nina roth 2,383
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 6 hr nina roth 2,063
Stolen car almost sold by towing company 11 hr Joe 2
Police: Fla. father beats accused child abuser Mon Joe 7
Halifax Health board will take on greater role ... Mon Joe 2
Fed Investigation: Halifax Hospital (Apr '13) Mon no name 4
Is Daytona Beach A Good Vacation Spot Or Not??? (Mar '10) Jul 20 Joe 139
•••
•••
•••
•••

Daytona Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000