Daytona man held after beating victim...

Daytona man held after beating victim dies

There are 8 comments on the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online story from Jul 5, 2008, titled Daytona man held after beating victim dies. In it, Daytona Beach News-Journal Online reports that:

When Anthony Broxmeyer lost his temper over a little piece of crack, he paid for it with his life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.

Tammy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Jul 5, 2008
Anthony was my brother in law, and I thank you for not slamming him, he was a great person who would give you the shirt off his back if you asked for it, and would help you any way he could, I knew Tony (Anthony) when he was not on these drugs,and when I read the article it sounds like Tony, yes he would get mad. say what he had to say and then it was over, he was not one to fight, he was one to talk about what ever was going on. when people read this article they sum up that Tony was nothing but a dope head, BUT I can tell you this, he was loved by his parents in Virginia, Tony was a brother,son. Uncle to my 2 children, and a father, and now he is there in Daytona Beach, and his family can't get him back home to say their goodbye's and have peace, This comes to the Broxmeyer's as a great shock and horrible loss, I am asking the readers here to see what they can do for the Broxmeyer family to get Tony home.
There must be some way that the state can help or the people of Daytona Beach. that is whats needed now, I know what our country can do when these bad things happen, we pull together and do what it takes. The Broxmeyer Family deserve to put their son to rest and be able to have peace and to grieve for him.
so what I am asking again is, is there anyone out there that can start a fund, get all the information, find the money, and get Tony home? IF and I really wish I did. IF I was "rich" I would do it all on my own, I live in Holland now, I am re-married BUT I have contact with the Family because we still are family due to the simple fact that I have 2 children in this Family, BUT I can't, so I ask you good people there to help the Family get Tony home.
Thank you for reading my post.
connie

Sherman, TX

#2 Jul 8, 2008
thankyou tammy for your comment each person should watch what they say cause you never know when something like this could happen to your family. Its hard to live with cause you wonder if you could done something to help them. But I will never know for its to late. I can only learn from this. If you didn't know this was my brother.
Tammy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#3 Jul 9, 2008
Hi Connie,
I am so sorry for the Families loss, I feel so bad for everyone, and I feel so sad about this violent murder to such a sweet soul.
I have spoken to your mom, and I have told her that I have Pictures of Tony, and I have pictures of Tom and the children that I would like to share with you, He was the best man at me &Toms wedding and he stayed with us on and off while we were living in VA. Tony was my friend, and I feel the pain of this tragic end to a beautiful man.
I am going to post my e-mail address here for you, and you can write me if you like, and send me your information (address and phone number) and I will be more than happy to send you also copies of the pictures. I am having them enlarged and I would like to ask you what picture you would like to have enlarged as well, and there are so many things I want to tell you, as you know Tom and I have 2 children, I would like to give you the information for Thomas, he would love to hear from you! he has a myspace page and so do I, and he has a yahoo account as well Thomas is almost 17 years old now, I will give you all the details about him away from this posting ok?
my e-mail is: [email protected]
And Yes I have heard about you of course, I always wanted to meet you, or at least talk to you and have contact, I am sorry that this tragic loss is what got us together, I pray for the Family everyday.
I hope to hear from you soon, may god give you the strength that you need to get through this time of loss.
best regards
Tammy
Tammy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#4 Jul 9, 2008
connie wrote:
thankyou tammy for your comment each person should watch what they say cause you never know when something like this could happen to your family. Its hard to live with cause you wonder if you could done something to help them. But I will never know for its to late. I can only learn from this. If you didn't know this was my brother.
Hi Connie,
I am so sorry for the Families loss, I feel so bad for everyone, and I feel so sad about this violent murder to such a sweet soul.
I have spoken to your mom, and I have told her that I have Pictures of Tony, and I have pictures of Tom and the children that I would like to share with you, He was the best man at me &Toms wedding and he stayed with us on and off while we were living in VA. Tony was my friend, and I feel the pain of this tragic end to a beautiful man.
I am going to post my e-mail address here for you, and you can write me if you like, and send me your information (address and phone number) and I will be more than happy to send you also copies of the pictures. I am having them enlarged and I would like to ask you what picture you would like to have enlarged as well, and there are so many things I want to tell you, as you know Tom and I have 2 children, I would like to give you the information for Thomas, he would love to hear from you! he has a myspace page and so do I, and he has a yahoo account as well Thomas is almost 17 years old now, I will give you all the details about him away from this posting ok?
my e-mail is: [email protected]
And Yes I have heard about you of course, I always wanted to meet you, or at least talk to you and have contact, I am sorry that this tragic loss is what got us together, I pray for the Family everyday.
I hope to hear from you soon, may god give you the strength that you need to get through this time of loss.
best regards
Tammy
tammy

United States

#5 Jul 15, 2008
i can not get your email to work. We are still trying to get over this but I do not think you ever get over the death of someone.

connie
connie

United States

#6 Jul 15, 2008
TAMMY CAN'T GET YOUR EMAIL TO WORK I JUST MESS UP ON THE ABOVE COMMENT WITH THE NAMES.Relly busy at work just have a few minutes this is why this is so bad in typing and all but didn't want you to think I was not wanting to talk.

Connie
tommy

Plano, TX

#7 Sep 1, 2011
Not everything is how the news claim so talk facts not assumptions. I'm sorry things happened the way they did but some people shouldn't put theirselves in situations they can't handle. Just to put the record straight, I'm Thomas Hettmansperger & he was a friend of mine as well & I am crushed by what happened but his death was never my intentions
carol broxmeyer

Aurora, CO

#8 Jun 17, 2014
Even know my brother tony broxmeyer is no long here.I still thankabout him an love him very much.I wwill never for get him.I will never for gave the guy that kill himas long as I live ! He needs to die the same way he kill my brother!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volusia to get its 1st VyStar branch Thu Richard Move 2
daytona beach crime Jun 22 Richard Move 5
Any naturists in Ormond or Daytona Beach? Jun 22 Richard Move 2
News Police: child dead, mother hurt after being dra... Jun 22 Richard Move 3
Is Daytona Beach A Good Vacation Spot Or Not??? (Mar '10) Jun 22 Richard Move 169
News Retired deputy sentenced to 15 years prison on ... Jun 22 Richard Move 3
News Couple caught having sex on Daytona Beach, repo... Jun 22 Richard Move 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Daytona Beach Mortgages