Tourist

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Jun 2, 2013
What's the best places for someone to go catch some saltwater fish and not spend a ton of money. Family is going to Daytona in 2 weeks and just wanting to go fishing. It would just be me by myself, so looking for some local advise and not a tourist traps gimmick. Thanks.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Jun 2, 2013
Find out if you need to have a permit, before you go fishing in Volusia County. Government finds ways to restrict certain activities by charging or over changing for unnecessary reasons.
Tourist

Dyersburg, TN

#3 Jun 2, 2013
Thanks Joe. We are going there after going to Disney for a few days so Dad could use a little me time and I love to fish. Just not able to spend much after Disney.
redeye

Spring Hill, FL

#4 Jun 2, 2013
salt water is different from fresh water license, you don't need both if you fish in salt water, get a charter to catch fish if you don't know what you are doing, I work and live on the water, dolphin and tarpon bite is on, snook ended the other day,
redeye

Spring Hill, FL

#5 Jun 2, 2013
it says Ocala but I live in vero
Tourist

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Jun 2, 2013
Thanks redeye. The charters look really reasonable and I'd love to get out on the water but I don't think I'll be able to afford it this trip. I'm thinking I may try one of the piers. I'm not really looking to catch a bunch just wanting to wet a line. I live near some of the best fresh water fishing holes in the country but I haven't had time to go. This is a well earned vacation. It's been nearly 9 years since I've seen the Atlantic. Used to go to Tybee Island,GA every year as a kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deltona residents talk crime, controversial tag... May 21 Fitus T Bluster 1
nest on Walmart sign May 18 passing thru 1
News Ita s worth braving the crowds for a seat at Th... May 18 Sandi m 1
News Condos or parking? Volusia-Shores lot dispute e... May 18 Jim 1
roadside tavern May 18 RuffnReddy 3
400 lb Nurse Gone Wild! (Jul '14) May 15 ThePercosetLady 6
Fidget Spinners May 11 cur E ous 1 1

Daytona Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Daytona Beach Mortgages