Florida Man Dies of Bacterial Infection After Crabbing in River
Florida health officials have warned beach-goers to avoid wading into the water with open wounds and eating raw or undercooked seafood after a man died of a bacterial infection hours after crabbing.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMA-AM North Charleston.
#1 Sep 30, 2013
The article is just telling people to stay out of the water! It is not giving actuate information. According to WFTV that reported the story from the News Journal. DBNJ is never a good source. The is an %80 chance of V. Vulnificus causing fatal results from eating shellfish, when someone has a weakened or compromised immune system. When, someone suffers from liver damage, which can lead to kidney failure. The mortality rate[ likelihood ] of someone contracting the V. Virus with a healthy/normal immune system is % 25. 3 articles and 2 two news reports are scaring people out of the water, without explaining why~!
#2 Oct 2, 2013
Dirty Harry use to scare thugs with the phrase "Do you feel lucky Punk?"
The same applies here in Volusia County with going in the polluted water here these days.
Add your comments below
|Daytona Beach Was a Sanctuary City for Loud Noise||Wed||Rod Johnson||9|
|How do i get to be a bathroom "Plug" guy?||Wed||Anonymous||2|
|Police: child dead, mother hurt after being dra...||Wed||Against the wall||2|
|New circuit judge takes bench in Flagler County||Tue||Jill||1|
|Retired deputy sentenced to 15 years prison on ...||Tue||Jill||1|
|Summer snapper season nixed in Atlantic off Flo...||May 22||fishin4funthenrel...||1|
|Palota Taamu||May 21||tell the truth pa...||1|
Find what you want!
Search Daytona Beach Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC