Time to Fire Tanner

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

Itís a secret John Tanner has been hiding for almost ten years nowÖ.

Case Number 98-85CA, in the 7th judicial circuit for the county of Flagler

Lisa Faye Lake (Petitioner)
James Darrel Lake (Defendant)

In August 1997, James Darrel Lake, a member of State Attorney John Tannerís Church came to him and confessed that he had been molesting his stepdaughter for years.

Taken from the autobiography of James Darrel Lake, entered into police evidence after James committed suicide, page 36.

ďI stayed after Sunday School and broke down and confessed to John Tanner the horrible thing I had done. I was hoping, that his wife, Marcia, would be able to talk with Lisa, and be able to help them.

I didnít know what was going to happen when I came forward with this, but Mr. Tanner could see that I was contrite, and Marcia worked with abuse in families and I thought that between these two mighty Christians, that my family could get help.

John agreed that this needed to stay between us, and that he would counsel me, and approach Marcia, about Lisa, and (minorís name omitted). But when we next talked, there were complications, legal complications, it seems that, he was unable to directly say anything to Marcia, because of her position, she would have to notify on it, and a conflict of interest could ensue. He agreed to be available for me, but without involving the legal systemĒ

Three months after John Tanner did nothing, James kidnapped his children and ran off to California. Once James was tracked down and his kids were taken away, he returned to Florida for a divorce/custody hearing, while there John Tannerís pastor and James called John Tanner,

Taken from the autobiography of James Darrel Lake, entered into police evidence after James committed suicide, page 40

ďThe next morning on the 25th, I went over to Pastor Davidís and he got on the phone with John Tanner. John Tanner told him that he couldnít talk to me personally now, because if he was going to be able to assist me, he couldnít create a conflict of interest, in case Lisa & Faye were going to file charges. But he did advise me, not to say anything in court.Ē

On October 28, 1998, more than a year after James confessed to John Tanner, the mother, Lisa Lake, went to the Flagler Beach police department and reported the child molestation, it is case number 98- 3428, and is public record.

The case was assigned to officer LL Williams, who during the investigation got permission from John Tannerís office to record a phone conversation between Lisa and James Darrel Lake, in which he admitted to molesting his step daughter for years. Documents show this was signed on November 14th 1998,

Once the case was given to John Tannerís office to prosecute James Darrel Lake, John Tanner not only did not cite a conflict of interest HE DIDNíT PROSECUTE THE CHILD MOLESTER.
Gop904

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

The Larizza campaign is so disparate to say anything about Tanner. RJ is clearly not fit to serve. I am so disgusted with how he's handling the campaign I plan to report him to the BAR. You cannot just lie your way into office.
Not fooling me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

It is clear by the sitting who posted this...RJ's consultant. The same consultant who is allegedly being investigated for money launderings scheme. RJ sure does keep great company.
Interesting

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2008

Money laudering consultants... being supported by union bosses... hmmmmm intesting isn't it.
TrueStatement

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

I KNOW this to be true but would still love to read the autobiography of the late definately not great Jimmy Lake.....where could I find it?
ArmyMan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

Whatever you want to think about Tanner, he lost mainly for refusing to investigate and prosecute corruption where his friend are involved.

The widespread corruption in Daytona Beach and Tanner's office choice to ignore the many criminal complaints filed against Daytona public officials is what did him in.

Larizza's anti-corruption anti-special-interests message carried the votes. Tanner's out because the voters got tired of the abuses.
TrueStatement

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Election is over...but I want to know where I can read Jimmy Lake's autobiography...he committed suicide in a Knoxville, TN jail awaiting trial for molesting his step daughter in that state...where can I read it??
www.heavenandhellatonce.today.com
DrDrish

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

I realize this is late, but how does anyone know that what James Darrel Lake wrote in his diary is true? For all anyone knows, his alleged confession to Tanner never happened--and probably didn't. As for not prosecuting Lake, cases aren't prosecuted for a variety of reasons, one of which is that unless a conviction is almost certain, there is no reason to waste the taxpayer's money prosecuting it. This was probably the situation with Lake.

Larizza's dirty campaign against Tanner is going to come back to haunt him.
marko

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

i can belive this..i looked jon tanner in the eyes,he gave me his word about something..and told me to come by his office,his people would not let me see him..so i take his reputation as a complete liar.this happened years ago.but i never forgot!he is not a man of his word!
DrDrish

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

Employees do not always let people in without an appointment. Before I retired, I can recall asking people to "stop by" and then have them tell me later they were turned away because they didn't have an appointment. I always explained my staff didn't tell me they came in, which was true, but I doubt any of them believed me.
TrueStatement

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

I happen to KNOW that Jimmy Lake's words were true. I also KNOW of the taped confession. I also KNOW Jimmy Lake died in jail in Tennessee because LL Williams of the Flagler Beach Police Dept was so appalled at the SAO's non prosecution that she contacted authorities in Tennessee and mailed them the tape because he admitted to incestuous abuse in that State as well....so I KNOW these things to be true but I still would like to read a copy of the autobiography to see just how sick and demented Tanner knew Jimmy Lake was when he gave Lisa (Jimmy's estranged wife) the advice that she needed to forgive her husband and keep her family in tact!!
jimmy gunz

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2009

Tanner is a born again christian scum bag!!! bible thumper
TrueStatement

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

I happen to KNOW that Jimmy Lake's words were true. I also KNOW of the taped confession. I also KNOW Jimmy Lake died in jail in Tennessee because LL Williams of the Flagler Beach Police Dept was so appalled at the SAO's non prosecution that she contacted authorities in Tennessee and mailed them the tape because he admitted to incestuous abuse in that State as well....so I KNOW these things to be true but I still would like to read a copy of the autobiography to see just how sick and demented Tanner knew Jimmy Lake was when he gave Lisa (Jimmy's estranged wife) the advice that she needed to forgive her husband and keep her family in tact!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD GET JIMMY LAKE'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY??
Julia L

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Since you were there when the sexual abuse took place, why didn't you stop it?
DrDrish

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Julia L wrote:
Since you were there when the sexual abuse took place, why didn't you stop it?
I agree. The only way TrueStatement, or anyone else, could be absolutely certain Lake's words are true is if he/she was there when the "abuse" occurred.
True Statement

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

I wasn't there when the abuse occurred but I was there when his stepdaughter broke down and told me about it in heaving sobs. If I could have stopped it, I would. I HEARD the conversation between Jimmy Lake and Lisa Lake where he ADMITTED molesting his stepdaughter.
KTA

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

It infuriates me how people are so quick to belligerently defend child molestation/abuse/rape in this area of the Florida. I have never seen anything like it. The knee-jerk reaction seems to be to give ultimate loyal support to any child molester. I cannot fathom such virulent evil stupidity.

And what does it say about people who defend such acts? Who could possibly think that was alright?
The Sheriff Is A Preditor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2010

I don't know why protecting these the molesters is so stunning to people. Lake County sheriff Gary Borders has been involved in Green Island Boys Ranch in his county for over 20 years. Many young boys have reported being raped and they just fire the administrators and change the name of the school. There are all kinds of TV news stories on these rapes but the sheriff has the power to block the stories. Google Green Island Ranch Gay Borders and get the scoop! These sicko's in law enforcement is the reason other sicko's are so quick to take up for this crap. Problem is its the kids who suffer!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Daytona Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Daytona Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••