Trayvon Martin's mother, lawmakers call for repeal of 'stand your...

Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, stands with Florida lawmakers calling for the repeal of the 'stand your ground' laws that are being invoked by people such as George Zimmerman, the man who killed her son in 2012.Screen capture from newserviceflorida.com video The mother of Trayvon Martin, who will attend the Martin Luther King Jr.

Full Story
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#30 Mar 1, 2013
Real American wrote:
We need this law intact so ordinary law abiding citizens can protect themselves from criminal gangsters like treyvon. If her mom wants to change anything, she should change her parenting so she knows where her teenagers are in the middle of the night.
It's an illegal bill that was passed. It's not6 a law. It's against the law to pass the bill against the law to commit murder. You can be in the same positions as Zimmerman or the same position as Martin. Murder is not a second ammedment right!
ZImm It Up

Bradenton, FL

#32 Mar 3, 2013
So what's the verdict/punishment?

Not guilty...Zim's life is ruined and Tayvon's was worthless.

Guilty...Zim's life is ruined but Tayvon is still just as dead.

The whole thing is just beyond ridiculous.
Sam I am

Salem, AR

#34 Mar 3, 2013
If martin felt uncomfortable about being questioned by a member of the local neighborhood watch, then he should have called 911 himself. I bet they would have told him not to bang zimmermans head into the ground and he would still be alive today.

Seems to me like it was trevon who was taking the law into his own hands by deciding to give Zimmerman some knuckle sandwiches.

Was Zimmerman just supposed to just lay there and let Martin beat him to death? Why does it matter how or why the situation got to that point? Once it did, regardless of race, what else do you expect the guy on his back getting his head slammed into the ground to do?
joe

Lady Lake, FL

#35 Mar 3, 2013
ZImm It Up wrote:
The verdict should not come down to majority public opinion. Public -judge public jury-public executioner-- that''s a violation of constitutional rights!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#36 Mar 3, 2013
ZImm It Up wrote:
..Simply Self Defense....George walks.....Trayvon stay's dead.....America Transends it......
joe

Lady Lake, FL

#37 Mar 3, 2013
John Cocktoaston wrote:
LOL@whoever judged me clueless...a junior high level social studies class would confirm everything I wrote.
If the backwoods Klansman would care to explain how a Jewish person is not a white, I'd love to hear that one!
Religious belief, is recognized not acknowledged as an amendment right. Religious belief, can not interfere, with the rights of the constitution whereby it would seriously infringed on the rights of the individual.
Zimm It Up

Orange City, FL

#38 Mar 4, 2013
They both stood their ground and what get it get either one of them?

Zimmerman stood against a black man on what he thought was his ground,

Tayvon stood up against a man that he thought was bullying him.

The definition of 'Senselesss in the dictionary should be this story.
joe

Lady Lake, FL

#39 Mar 4, 2013
Senseless' YES! because YOU nor anyone else knows Why' it happened, or how it happen. You're compelled to metion that Trayvon was a worthless black man, while you Zim it up' and condone the idea of murder, based on twisted news reports. What might your defense be, that you knew them peronally...? Remained friends with Martin, based on the idea that he was worthless, right up to the point where he was killed, & you knew that Zimmerman was going to kill him? That's how it sounds. Trayvon's mother is an example of the legal system that translates to the general public, stand your ground is MUrder!
Sandy

Miami, FL

#40 Mar 4, 2013
In the end when all is said and done, Zimmerman was clearly told by the police dispatcher NOT to pursue Martin or go near him.

If he had listened , the teenager would still be alive and no debating that.
Sandy

Miami, FL

#41 Mar 4, 2013
If this had been a Black male who shot and killed an White teenager in FloriDUH under the same circumstances that Black male would be on death row by now AFTER the brutal beating the police would give him.
Sandy

Miami, FL

#42 Mar 4, 2013
Sam I am wrote:
If martin felt uncomfortable about being questioned by a member of the local neighborhood watch, then he should have called 911 himself. I bet they would have told him not to bang zimmermans head into the ground and he would still be alive today.
Seems to me like it was trevon who was taking the law into his own hands by deciding to give Zimmerman some knuckle sandwiches.
Was Zimmerman just supposed to just lay there and let Martin beat him to death? Why does it matter how or why the situation got to that point? Once it did, regardless of race, what else do you expect the guy on his back getting his head slammed into the ground to do?
Oh cut the BS, if you are walking and some guy ask you what are you doing here? You are not going to call the police , you will ignore him and continue walking or tell him to go F-himself because last time I looked , Zimmerman is no cop.

Who knows what Zimmerman did knowing he had his tough guy gun beside him.

The only other witness is DEAD .
joe

Lady Lake, FL

#43 Mar 4, 2013
Sandy wrote:
If this had been a Black male who shot and killed an White teenager in FloriDUH under the same circumstances that Black male would be on death row by now AFTER the brutal beating the police would give him.
This is what's wrong with the story. And your comment. Without knowing, criminal history or if one exsists for either person, the black person is sent to death row without a plea bargin using a biast jury. An example of how news reports become about public judge public jury and public executioner. It certainly doesn't say anything for the defense of the black man, he was beaten, there wasn't a reason for that either. So it's about disrespect to a person of color without them doing anything at all? No it's about your opinion backed up by a story, with little detail, showing racial prejudice for people in general. That's what its about.
Linda

Mountain Home, AR

#45 Mar 5, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text> This is what's wrong with the story. And your comment. Without knowing, criminal history or if one exsists for either person, the black person is sent to death row without a plea bargin using a biast jury. An example of how news reports become about public judge public jury and public executioner. It certainly doesn't say anything for the defense of the black man, he was beaten, there wasn't a reason for that either. So it's about disrespect to a person of color without them doing anything at all? No it's about your opinion backed up by a story, with little detail, showing racial prejudice for people in general. That's what its about.
Sandy is black and Trayvon was black that all that matters to people like Sandy, Facts don't matter.
Linda

Mountain Home, AR

#47 Mar 5, 2013
Sandy wrote:
In the end when all is said and done, Zimmerman was clearly told by the police dispatcher NOT to pursue Martin or go near him.
If he had listened , the teenager would still be alive and no debating that.
News Flash!! A police dispatcher is just that a police dispatcher they are NOT police. And can not tell anyone anything. They may make saggiest something and that all. They are not where the caller is at and have no idea whats going on. I'm very sure at this point Mr. Zimmerman wished that he did listen to the 911 person even tho they can't order you to do anything.

I dare say no matter what color little 6'2 Traygone was Mr. Zimmerman would done the same thing. When someone is beating your head into the ground color doesn't matter

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#48 Mar 5, 2013
Sandy wrote:
Except that...Black males had been described as the offenders, in 7-8 recent break-ins at the developement.....
Linda

Mountain Home, AR

#50 Mar 5, 2013
Nobody was there to see what actually happened. The police originally cleared Zimmerman as justified but then had to change course because the black and other ignorant community want to play the race card, And since politicians at various levels stand to gain politically from this. So now people (mainly perceived as white) have to allow themselves to be assaulted because scumbags parents won't admit their kids were that, rather they were victims of racism.
Zimm It Up

Orange City, FL

#51 Mar 5, 2013
joe wrote:
Senseless' YES! because YOU nor anyone else knows Why' it happened, or how it happen. You're compelled to metion that Trayvon was a worthless black man, while you Zim it up' and condone the idea of murder, based on twisted news reports. What might your defense be, that you knew them peronally...? Remained friends with Martin, based on the idea that he was worthless, right up to the point where he was killed, & you knew that Zimmerman was going to kill him? That's how it sounds. Trayvon's mother is an example of the legal system that translates to the general public, stand your ground is MUrder!
I don't believe that Trayvon's life was worthless, and I certainly don't condone murder.

It is true that I don't know what happened. The point I was making is that the incident itself is senseless and that the whole stand your ground theory doesn't apply from a legal standpoint.

If this happened to my child I would take the same stand as Trayvon's parents.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#52 Mar 5, 2013
Nobody knows what happened! < You don't condone murder< or that Trayvon Martin was a worthless human being. However- the twisted news reports, will, because news people stand up for their right, to speculate on everything! The media is blamed for controlling anyone involved in politics. Politians are puppets-[theres a focus here..] The politicans are controlling the media, by using them to give irrational answers that confuse public opinion that alters the voting process, that feeds the politians the money they steal, by rendering the public at large completely helpless. They have to be victims of police manpower shortage- before they can tell you well, lets just have people take the law into their own hands then! This used to be radical extremist thinking now it's just public opinion that's confusing. Thank you your answer cleared that up.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#53 Mar 5, 2013
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>Sandy is black and Trayvon was black that all that matters to people like Sandy, Facts don't matter.
This is politically & socially motivated! < that opinion does not change! Sandy's comment is prejudice with an opinion that looks for anyone to agree with that comment, based on NOTHING! except the idea, that murder should be considered for black people, and handled as a misdormeanor offense because black people that commit murder are always being sent to jail and it hurts sandy's pride. Creating a story that didn't happen does not support a point!
Linda

Hardy, AR

#54 Mar 5, 2013
Why do Blacks spend all of their time worrying about how whites feel about them?

To me, it means that many of them have a low esteem of themselves!

Because if they thought good of themselves, they wouldn't worry about whites opinion of them.

Just take a look on this board, and see just how many low esteem Blacks think of themselves, with the stupid , nonsensical #$%$ they post on this board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr CROW 2,514
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 12 hr noshellswill 2,977
New homeless plan proposed despite fighting Day... Sep 20 justicefour 28
My wonderful experience in Daytona Beach Flordia Sep 19 PrincessFreda93 1
Amazing Sep 19 PrincessFreda93 1
best sea food rest air and in dayonta? Sep 18 SHRIMP 1
You are at risk... Sep 18 Doug Graham 1
•••
•••
•••

Daytona Beach Jobs

•••
•••
•••