Daytona Beach police arrest 15 in ant...

Daytona Beach police arrest 15 in anti-nudity crackdown

There are 52 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 3, 2008, titled Daytona Beach police arrest 15 in anti-nudity crackdown. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Daytona Beach police arrested 15 people over the weekend in a crackdown over violations of the city's anti-nudity ordinance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mad

United States

#43 Mar 6, 2008
A Family man wrote:
lol.. I was being sarcastic. The whole thing is ridiculous and pisses me off knowing that taxpayers are paying for the so called undercover work.
<quoted text>
I thought it was sarcastic! It is pretty awful we as taxpayers pay for this kind of nonsense. Some nekkid dancin is good for tourism especially at Boke Week!
Truth

Pompano Beach, FL

#44 Mar 6, 2008
Mad wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was sarcastic! It is pretty awful we as taxpayers pay for this kind of nonsense. Some nekkid dancin is good for tourism especially at Boke Week!
LOL! This is what happens when you get a few PRUDES trying to legislate MORALITY! Doesn't Daytona P.D. have some REAL crimes to solve, or DO they just enjoy being a bunch of GOOSE-STEPPING FOOLS?!!
Bellamy

South Britain, CT

#45 Mar 6, 2008
Well what a surprise! Florida sets itself up for this kind thing with these bike weeks parties. I suppose the revenue is more important.
Michael Lee

United States

#46 Mar 11, 2008
After more than 20 years of bike weeks I have never had a problem with a bare breast. I was pulled over by the police at least a dozen times for nothing. Once to tell me I can't wear dark glasses after night fall, this warning was at 2 in the afternoon, it was just to bother me, after this year I will take my $10,000 and spend it elswhere
dino

AOL

#47 Mar 11, 2008
Well what a surprise! Florida sets itself up for this kind thing with these bike weeks parties. I suppose the revenue is more important

yes it is important bike week is one of the largest sorce of income into our city and is not the right os some that dont like what most do to tell us what to do our ciny is dying not becous of some nudity but becous of narrow minds that are running it into the ground Daytona has the poertunity to be one of the greatist citys in the country but it has gone from the worlds most famous beach TO THE WORLDS MOST BIGEST DUMPSTER SO lets just raise taxes and put the gentalmans clubs out of buisness and build some more housing for the homeless talk about rise in crime and a waist of time and money much better
dino

AOL

#48 Mar 11, 2008
yes it is important bike week is one of the largest source of income into our city and is not the right Os some that don't like what most do to tell us what to do our city is dying not because of some nudity but because of narrow minds that are running it into the ground Daytona has the potential to be one of the greatest cites in the country but it has gone from the worlds most famous beach TO THE WORLDS MOST BIGGEST DUMPSTER SO lets just raise taxes and put the gentleman's clubs out of business and build some more housing for the homeless talk about rise in crime and a waist of time and money much better
Mad

United States

#49 Mar 13, 2008
Let the puppies breathe!

Wahoo, Boobies, Wahoo!
Dave

Indiana, PA

#50 Mar 22, 2008
Sorry I'm from FL. just travel for business. Do you actually think all these people are from where the city says by their names? Foolish if you do.
Steve Wind wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't consider you a part of the city either. Stay in Oregon and comment on your own city.
Harry-N-Hungalow

Morristown, TN

#52 Jun 18, 2013
I used to love going to Daytona, but seems everytime I go there anymore I get stopped for something. Last time I went I had a crack in my windshield. I pulled over beside a lady that had three large dogs in her car. I ask what the problem was with a small crack. He said that it obstructed my vision. I then told him to look at the dogs in the car beside me and ask him whos vision was impared. he that it was not against the law to have pets in your car. He new the lady could not see all she needed too to drive. I guess pigs realy are afraid of dogs. If you want to have a good time in Daytona become a bad guy, they don't seem to fut with them!
Joe

Leesburg, FL

#53 Jun 18, 2013
A $15.000 raise for Jim McCroskey!$10.000 in court costs for the right to fly a flag. A pending lawsuit against the police department for violating the second ammendment right by a group organizer with reported mental issues. A settlement out of court, between Cheaters of Ormond Beach & Calvary Christain Academy- A man who threatened to kill the chief of police 'wants to sue the police department for violating his rights, on the grounds of emotional distress, based on the idea that the man was an admitted metal patient..? Frivolous Lawsuits' raise taxes! Before anyone even considers how corrupt Larissa is, the people causing these problems live in Volusia County not everyone that lives there causes a problem- reports suggest that this is the case however, there are people outside of Volusia that see potential if these problems didn't happen!
Joe

Leesburg, FL

#54 Jun 18, 2013
dino wrote:
yes it is important bike week is one of the largest source of income into our city and is not the right Os some that don't like what most do to tell us what to do our city is dying not because of some nudity but because of narrow minds that are running it into the ground Daytona has the potential to be one of the greatest cites in the country but it has gone from the worlds most famous beach TO THE WORLDS MOST BIGGEST DUMPSTER SO lets just raise taxes and put the gentleman's clubs out of business and build some more housing for the homeless talk about rise in crime and a waist of time and money much better
Show people an even side to corruption! Find a politician/not a lawyer..!!! who would be willing to look the other way, for clubs like Cheater's give Cheater's a camera system & a set of strict rules for fun, that involve touching.. to a degree..in a back room. Then decide if it has an effect on prostitution on the street. People WILL" find a way to break this law, regardless of how much they want it to go away. If limits are set[which in many citie they are.. prostiution on the streets would diminish. The sale of crack & meth might go down. Children going to school wouldn't have to be exposed to the problem. This is NOT the bible, laws are broken, but there is a way to benefit from certain laws if those laws can be adjusted. The problem is that politians are at odds with baptist/chistian religion. Mastochistic hypocrites!
Joe

Leesburg, FL

#55 Jun 18, 2013
Take issue with ideas that prove a point! Fact: Calvary Academy, started a proplem for Cheaters: They are given the right, to interfere based on religious beleif, because they are acting in harmony as an organization- not based on individual thinking = mob mentality- The constitution does not recognize religious belief as a right, only as a matter of choosing,[it is inturprepted as a form of brainwashing by some] Calvary Academy can not dictate laws as a group. Fact: Religious properties are tax exempt! They are dictating your laws, your rules without paying taxes for thir beliefs- total violation of the constitution! So they have stolen your tax money by settling out of court!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Top Stories - FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club... (Aug '07) 19 hr Johnny Bryant or ... 209
Is Daytona Beach A Good Vacation Spot Or Not??? (Mar '10) 22 hr Joe 157
Review: Bad Boys Bar And Grill (Jun '14) May 30 Joe 4
Beach Chair Rentals (Jun '14) May 29 Daytona home burg... 14
Daytona beach beachside home burglaries 5/29/ 2015 May 29 Daytona home burg... 1
Enforcers Motorcycle Club (Nov '14) May 23 JAS 21
Caribbean Jacks, manager Ricky has to go May 23 Daytona Beach Bum 2
More from around the web

Daytona Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]