Big celebrations planned around Junet...

Big celebrations planned around Juneteenth

There are 2 comments on the Hometown News story from Jun 13, 2014, titled Big celebrations planned around Juneteenth. In it, Hometown News reports that:

The signing of the Emancipation Proclamation on Jan. 1, 1863, did not amount to liberty for all, at least not right away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hometown News.

Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Jun 13, 2014
Can't we just CELEBRATE instead of using every single opportunity to blame and place guilt and berate people? Those who continue to do this will soon have the shoe on the other foot. I won't be going to this because I am tired of being blamed for things that may or not have been done centuries ago by who knows what color of humans. Have fun feeling sorry for yourselves.
Joe

Leesburg, FL

#3 Jun 16, 2014
prejudice is a hypocritical way of thinking you can hate them for their point of view and become just as prejudice. Prejudice thinking [to pre-judge without facts ] violates the constitutional right to free speech. Other rights will become vulnerable when even one right is violated. Each right is a connection [created equally] Freedom of the press does not mean uncensored"" it's a manipulation of the freedom of information act which would include promoting a prejudice act The freedom of information act includes the peoples right to know- not the right to know harmful information. The hypocritical belief is getting back at the people who hate for no reason other than to draw attention to themselves a group effort- N.A.A.C.P. Juneteenth and even religious groups that do not include everyone who will insist on their o thinking and nothing else. It can be ridiculed as a joke it isn't funny it's wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Leah Mays 15 hr Its me 4
News Boy, 3, leaves Palm Coast preschool, rescued fr... Fri Diane 1
Anyone know Janet rosati? Sep 21 Anonymous 1
Hard Rock Hotel Sep 20 chance904 2
who has the best boobs in town ? Sep 18 Gary 8
Join the action on the thread below Sep 12 American Opie 1
Vote for Hillary Sep 12 Sandlapper 9

Daytona Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance