Toyota lands naming rights at famed D...

Toyota lands naming rights at famed Daytona

There are 12 comments on the The Detroit News story from Feb 6, 2014, titled Toyota lands naming rights at famed Daytona. In it, The Detroit News reports that:

Daytona Beach, Fla. -- Toyota Motor Corp. on Thursday became the first company to land a naming rights deal at the revamped Daytona International Speedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Detroit News.

Dragonfly Hummingbird

Oviedo, FL

#1 Feb 7, 2014
Great! Now we know the Speedway is not interested in beautifying the track. It plans on making it an even bigger pile of tackiness. Who would want to see giant ass billboards when you come into a city? It's not my idea of a beautiful gateway that attracts and amazes. I can't believe that after all the effort to remove billboards, this is going to happen.
Hilton Head

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#2 Feb 7, 2014
$400,000,000.00 renovation and never mention parking. It's a great fan experience to stand in line for an hour waiting for a school bus to take you to an unmarked field to find your car, then be directed out to a totally different road than you came in on. That was when I was new to the area,but even now it's not worth moving away from the home big screen to watch the races at Daytona.
Dragonfly Hummingbird

Oviedo, FL

#3 Feb 8, 2014
Don't forget there will be 40,000 less seats with the new and improved Speedway. Less parking needed!
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Feb 8, 2014
News of the tax break for International Speedway avoided the point that the suggested idea entered the Florida legislature in January 2014 and will not be considered until May 2014. A similar tax break was proposed in 2013 for the speedway and majority vote by the state senate turned it down.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Feb 8, 2014
Dragonfly Hummingbird wrote:
Don't forget there will be 40,000 less seats with the new and improved Speedway. Less parking needed!
The tax break was suggested by Dorothy Hukill. The reduction in seating will mean an increase in vending rights. If bike week is a suggestion for the speedway it will prove illegal rights for out of town vendors as well as illegal use of property when that becomes a fact. It only has to be an intent to commit tax fraud to reach a maximum penalty under certain circumstances. Judge Roy B Dalton refused the minimum of a 5 year sentence intent will become a matter of fact in March.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#6 Feb 11, 2014
Joe wrote:
News of the tax break for International Speedway avoided the point that the suggested idea entered the Florida legislature in January 2014 and will not be considered until May 2014. A similar tax break was proposed in 2013 for the speedway and majority vote by the state senate turned it down.
Earth to Joe, earth to Joe, please come in. NASCAR has had accelerated seven year tax write downs for years. They haven't paid for any improvements to the tracks around the country but the taxpayers indirectly have!
WWE CRASHCAR 2014

Florham Park, NJ

#7 Feb 12, 2014
The Great Japanese-American Race: wait for it!
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Feb 12, 2014
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Earth to Joe, earth to Joe, please come in. NASCAR has had accelerated seven year tax write downs for years. They haven't paid for any improvements to the tracks around the country but the taxpayers indirectly have!
$500.000 + has been added to a project for Halifax Hospital for new administrative office in the France Tower. Delay's have been intentionally caused the trial for Halifax will begin in march.$500,000 is alleged to be paid to the president of the coalition for improvements to International speedway boulevard who happens to be a governing board member of the St John's Water Management District and the president of Gyabi & Associates an engineering firm in Ormond Beach.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Feb 14, 2014
Impact fees for those who don't want to understand them, have been manipulated to include payoffs to the St. Johns Water Management district [Governing Board Member Maryam Ghyabi] The suspension of impact fees will redirect the tax base by way of a payoff. The manipulation of tax codes and property lines will favor private enterprise writing off minimal amount's due to reinvesting private funds into incomplete projects or areas concerning private advertising in specific public interests that includes the money that leaves town [ vendors]
Dragonfly Hummingbird

Oviedo, FL

#10 Feb 18, 2014
I am curious about the new CEO of Ghyabi, Steve Precourt. What the heck is this about? Did they hire him to lobby his old cronies? Why did he quit the state legislature? He was on the House finance and tax committee. My spider sense is riled up.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#11 Feb 22, 2014
Steve Precourt was interviewed for a position with the Orlando Toll Authority in November 2013. The contract agreement was on a month to month basis for an annual income of $185.000. He turned it down and reported the information to the F.B.I. on February 7th 2014 as conducting a backdoor business deal.
Joe

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 Feb 24, 2014
The office for Ghyabi & Associates in Lake Mary closed. A new office was opened in Orlando. A distance of 19.6 miles between 2 points that would be unnecessary. It's suspicion that Ghyabi wanted to show a change of records.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Desert Inn owner Dennis Devlin pleads guilty to... (Apr '11) Dec 3 Tarell 18
NASCAR and Satan Dec 3 NASCAR and Satan 1
heather ball from jamestown ny Nov 30 janice 1
News Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Nov 30 Barb 102
News Trump, Clinton campaigns watch for Matthew's im... Nov 29 Pulte Himmler 4
where the pain pills at around daytona (Aug '15) Nov 23 Jazz 3
Meds Nov 21 Octapussy 2

Daytona Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Daytona Beach Mortgages