Two men charged in Halifax River death; girlfriend of victim not being charged

Dec 15, 2007 | Posted by: The Orlando Sentinel | Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

Shelley Hackett, the 32-year-old girlfriend of a man whose dead body was found in Halifax River Thursday, was found late Friday night by Daytona Beach police officers and has been cleared of any involvement in the murder of her boyfriend, 32-year-old David Sanders.

Police were looking to question Hackett in the death, but clues lead police Saturday morning to two men -- Barry Gallagher, 29, and David Marrow, 28 -- who have been charged with first degree murder.

A unidentified woman who witnessed Gallagher and Marrow beat Sanders to death, told investigators the men then dumped Sander's body at Halifax River, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said. Read more

Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
B S Dayt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 16, 2007
 
THAT WAS NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND!
i love Barry Gallagher

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Hes not a murderer and i wish people would stop saying that dumb stuff. Hes not that kind of person. Hes a loving Son Brother Father and Husband. Hes the best man in the world. please stop.
i love Barry Gallagher

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

thier witness is not reliable. shes a nasty slut and is just trying to save her own ass.
I Love Barry Gallagher

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

I LOVE BARRY DONEL GALLGHER II
Dont mess with my man

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I love barry gallagher sincerly his loving wife shantell gallagher
I love my daddy

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

my dad is my world and everyone accusing him of this is taking him away from me. i love you so much daddy
Abby

Freeport, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 23, 2008
 
Dont mess with my man wrote:
I love barry gallagher sincerly his loving wife shantell gallagher
Shantell - is Barry's Dad originally from Maine?
Bgs homeboy

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 2, 2008
 
Shantell you are not his loving wife thats why you slept with me 3 nights ago. i heard he got a hot ass ho now anyway and i heard that she has tisha and xandra living with her. get off the stupid bus. stop being a slut. now i have to go check to make sure i dont have some disease. you were a bad mistake. BG i love youbro.
tell your fine ass firl wats good.
tell her mom to holla at a playa
xandra

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 2, 2008
 

Judged:

1

stop talking shit everyone needs to find something to do with their lives my dad is my buisness not shantell's not anyone elses but my step mom and tisha and my step g-ma i love you dad.
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 11, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

WOW.
Here's an idea: All of you are severe idiots. That man is a MURDERER. Him, and David Marrow. They get what they deserve, which I sincerely hope is to be tortured, then killed, in the most painful kind of way any human could possibly imagine. Those men have no point wasting oxygen on planet earth. Their a bunch of disoriented (sorry if that's too big a word to comprehend, for all you trailer rats) druggies, who go around screwing all these nasty women, fathering all these children that turn out to be messed up in their own ways, and having no money to pay for them. It's a sad situation, and their better off put out their misery with a nice hammer to the side of their heads :D
Augy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

For the record, David Sanders was a great person. I knew David when he was living in Denver. His murder is truly a loss for this world. He was friends with Superstar D.J. Keoki, and he had a lot of potential himself. He had his issues with drugs, and I was hoping that he would finally wake up and get clean. He had a tremendous amount of charisma, and he treated everyone with love. I saw him treat bums on the street with the same respect that he gave Keoki. I'm sorry that I never got to see what he could accomplish as a sober person.
Meghan Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 17, 2009
 
His ONE and ONLY wife....
NOW his X. Thank God.
Whoever is posting shit pretending to be my daughter... well, you are going to be in deep shit. I have advised the family lawyer regarding this manner and your comment has been traced, hope you like JAIL!!!!
Xandra loves Barry but would never waste 5 seconds of her life posting anything about him. She is trying to forget him. All of those people she listed are people Xandra doesn't even know. She has NO step family from him because Barry is not married. She doesn't even consider him a part of her life any more.He is disappointing waste of time. He is trying to blame his horrible childhood on his behavior.
Well, LISTEN UP, he had family who loved him. Maybe not the best mom in the world but he has had plenty of oppertunities in life. He CHOOSES to be worthless. AND he is VIOLENT> He might need help, but he knows right from wrong. He deserves whetever he gets.
Hopefully his selfish actions won't perminately scar her for life... I thank God every day that I divorced him when I did!!!
Mike in Davie

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 9, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

I hope these two crackheads are getting their ass beat and raped every day they are sitting in jail wasting my tax dollars. They took the life of a great person and ruined the lives of his family. Death row will be to good for these idiots just like David was to good to be left in a river. I AM HOPING AND WISHING FOR THE WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME FOR THESE SCUMBAG MURDERERS. IF YOU ARE FRIENDS WITH, OR SUPPORT THESE TWO LOSERS THEN YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THEM. I say screw the courts,let them out and let Southern Justice prevail. My best wishes to the Sanders Family and screw the rest of you!!!!!!!
Meghan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 14, 2009
 
this is not XANDRA... she is my daughter and doesn't care anything about you!!! and whoever Tisha and her mom are need to get a life. he was never anything to you as you were nothing to him. i have known him since he was 17 and he never even mentioned you. all you psycho trailer trash chicks need to wake up... HE IS WHERE HE BELONGS!!!!
xandra wrote:
stop talking shit everyone needs to find something to do with their lives my dad is my buisness not shantell's not anyone elses but my step mom and tisha and my step g-ma i love you dad.
Shawn Hrbal

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 16, 2009
 
what up guys? i moved out to albuquerque N.M a lil over a year ago and lost touch with everyone..i hate the fact im having to contact you guys on a web page containing barry's murder case..i dont know what to say about that,so i wont comment..
shantel e-mail me at legallion77@yahoo.com i have a phone but rather give in a e mail..get ahold of me tho..
JustAMe

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 16, 2009
 
Meghan Smith wrote:
His ONE and ONLY wife....
NOW his X. Thank God.
Whoever is posting shit pretending to be my daughter... well, you are going to be in deep shit. I have advised the family lawyer regarding this manner and your comment has been traced, hope you like JAIL!!!!
Xandra loves Barry but would never waste 5 seconds of her life posting anything about him. She is trying to forget him. All of those people she listed are people Xandra doesn't even know. She has NO step family from him because Barry is not married. She doesn't even consider him a part of her life any more.He is disappointing waste of time. He is trying to blame his horrible childhood on his behavior.
Well, LISTEN UP, he had family who loved him. Maybe not the best mom in the world but he has had plenty of oppertunities in life. He CHOOSES to be worthless. AND he is VIOLENT> He might need help, but he knows right from wrong. He deserves whetever he gets.
Hopefully his selfish actions won't perminately scar her for life... I thank God every day that I divorced him when I did!!!
You are so full of crap..
Brandon the former friend

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 24, 2009
 
I can back up everything that Meghan said. I was shocked to hear what kind of bullshit someone said that claimed to be Xandra. I knew the kid and she would never say anything of the such. Meghan and her family, especially her mom were the only ones who saw a glimpse of anything in him. He didn't appreciate anything done for him. I know, I spent countless nights running around with him. Meghan, If you read this, I hope you can pick up the pieces and help your daughter have a better life. You always deserved better than what you were treated. And for the record, he was violent as hell.
david

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 7, 2009
 
i love Barry Gallagher wrote:
Hes not a murderer and i wish people would stop saying that dumb stuff. Hes not that kind of person. Hes a loving Son Brother Father and Husband. Hes the best man in the world. please stop.
MURDERER!!!!!!!!!!
meghan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 6, 2009
 
JustAMe wrote:
<quoted text> You are so full of crap..
oh really, am i??? and you are who?? a coward that posts bullshit.
meghan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 6, 2009
 
hey thanx brandon. hope you are well. i am doing my very best. find me on myspace. meghan smith. davidmeyghan420@comcast.net.
by the way not my real email so don't bother emailing it. just for search purposes of myspace.
Brandon the former friend wrote:
I can back up everything that Meghan said. I was shocked to hear what kind of bullshit someone said that claimed to be Xandra. I knew the kid and she would never say anything of the such. Meghan and her family, especially her mom were the only ones who saw a glimpse of anything in him. He didn't appreciate anything done for him. I know, I spent countless nights running around with him. Meghan, If you read this, I hope you can pick up the pieces and help your daughter have a better life. You always deserved better than what you were treated. And for the record, he was violent as hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Daytona Beach Forum right now

Search the Daytona Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 4 hr texan 2,386
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) 12 hr Bikramprasad100 705
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Tue nina roth 2,063
Stolen car almost sold by towing company Tue Joe 2
Police: Fla. father beats accused child abuser Mon Joe 7
Halifax Health board will take on greater role ... Mon Joe 2
Fed Investigation: Halifax Hospital (Apr '13) Jul 21 no name 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Daytona Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Daytona Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Daytona Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Daytona Beach
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••