2010 Florida Governor Race Election R...

2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a " Rick Scott Wins | The News of Today

There are 3001 comments on the thenewsoftoday.com story from Nov 3, 2010, titled 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a " Rick Scott Wins | The News of Today. In it, thenewsoftoday.com reports that:

Posted by Jason Moore on Nov 3rd, 2010 and filed under Featured News . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response or trackback to this entry Florida Governor The 2010 Florida Governor Race has been a close one ever since the primaries ended.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thenewsoftoday.com.

SWEET SUGAR

United States

#3627 Jul 27, 2014
GOP officials enjoy sugar industry ranch trips
TAMPA — Top Florida Republican officials including the governor have enjoyed hunting trips to South Texas’ historic King Ranch thanks to the Sunshine State’s sugar industry, but they aren’t talking about them.

The Tampa Bay Times reported Saturday that an analysis of records shows the trips were financed all or in part by the Florida sugar industry. The lack of disclosure could enable officials and sugar lobbyists to avoid scrutiny about discussions on a host of important issues such as state agriculture policy, water pollution and Everglades protection.[Rick Scott and Jeb Bush’s Oil Company investments is drilling for oil right now in the Everglades thanks to the “The First Family of Corporate Welfare, the Fanjuls who control a third of Florida sugar production, collecting $60 million a year in federal subsidies. Their Everglades land was drained at public expense, an environmental nightmare that costs taxpayers $63 million a year to maintain. The Fanjuls invest heavily in politicians.

But, they still have a way of repaying the favors for all this FREE MONEY Rick Scott and Jeb Bush and the mob pump into them. Under a 2006 ban, lawmakers can’t accept free meals, drinks or trips from donors, but a legal loophole allows parties and political committees to do so. They can then pass on these gifts without detailing who gives or receives them — as long as the donations are considered to have a “campaign purpose.”

The Times analysis shows that in the last three years, U.S. Sugar paid nearly $100,000 to the Republican Party of Florida for at least 20 weekend trips. The destinations were not made public, but they all occurred within days of more than a dozen Florida politicians registering for Texas hunting licenses.

Republican Party Spokeswoman Susan Hepworth says the party follows the letter of the law but declined to discuss the trips.

The tension over just what gifts lawmakers can receive goes back decades in Florida. Leon County state attorney Willie Meggs prosecuted a 1992 case against two dozen Florida lawmakers accused of accepting free trips from corporate lobbyists. He said the King Ranch trips may not be illegal, but they raise questions about the lack of transparency.[NOW HE WILL NOT EVER PROSECUTE A VIOLENT FSU RAPIST!]

The trips to King Ranch appear to have begun back in 2011, when U.S. Sugar began leasing 30,000 acres and built a hunting lodge there. King Ranch is also the largest member of the Sugar Cane Growers Cooperative of Florida. Both Governor Rick Scott and Agriculture Secretary Adam Putnam are among those who visited the retreat, but the trips don’t show up on their official schedules. Asked about his travels there, Scott on Friday released a statement saying he visited the retreat in February of 2013 “in support of his political fundraising efforts.” A campaign aide said the governor paid for his own hunting license and flight and that “costs were covered by appropriate political entities and properly reported as required by law.”
SWEET SUGAR

United States

#3628 Jul 27, 2014
Even before he was in office, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) proposed privatizing much of Florida’s prison system, and state House and Senate negotiators agreed to do just that Monday as legislators hammer out a budget. The agreement will move thousands of inmates to prisons run by for-profit companies in an 18-county region in Southern Florida.

As the Miami Herald reported last month, Scott’s plan “could open a lucrative door to politically connected vendors who stand to profit.” GEO Group (formerly Wackenhut) appears to be the company with the most to gain. The nation’s second largest private corrections company, GEO — based in Boca Raton, FL — already manages two of the state’s seven private prisons and four of its seven mental-health facilities.

A “prime financier of the Republican Party,” GEO Group gave more than $400,000 to GOP in the 2010 election cycle alone and gave the maximum $25,000 to Scott’s inaugural fund.

The company has also deployed a small army of lobbyists in Tallahassee, including Florida “uber-lobbyist” Brian Ballard. Ballard and Scott have an unusually close relationship. Scott appointed Ballard to the finance committee for his inaugural fund and Ballard helped raise $3 million for the festivities. The month after Scott was sworn in, Ballard hosted a fundraiser Super bowl party at his Tallahassee home — Scott was the guest of honor.

Ballard is also a lobbyist for the Corrections Corporation of America (CCA)— the nation’s largest corrections company with close ties to GOP statehouses across the country — which also stands to gain from the privatization scheme. The company has spent $373,000 in political contributions in Florida since 2003, over 60 percent of which have gone to Republicans.

Meanwhile, a third company, The Boca Raton company, is a “a reliable contributor to the Republican party” and gave Scott’s inaugural fund the maximum $25,000. It also employs a stable of 16 lobbyists in Tallahassee.

“It’s really just a gift to the private-prison industry,” said David Murrell of the Police Benevolent Association, the union which represents correctional officers.“It’s very political. The private corporations have been very helpful to the governor and his people.” Ironically, Scott “campaigned against the influence of special interests,” the St. Petersburg Times’ Marc Caputo notes.“But that was so 2010.”

March 2014 - Soon Rick Scott is slated to attend a $25,000-a-head fundraiser with former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney “at the South Florida mansion of health-care executive Mike Fernandez of Coral Gables”(who has given $1.25 million to Scott’s re-election).
SWEET SUGAR

United States

#3629 Jul 27, 2014
The Governor’s Gusher:

The Sources of George W. Bush's $41 Million Texas War Chest
The Bush Profiteers:
100 Donors Who Enjoy Hands-off, Handout Government
In identifying the economic and ideological interests of Bush’s donors, researchers kept coming across large contributors who became known as the Bush Profiteers. Many of these Bush Profiteers are:
• Corporate welfare kings who derived a portion of their personal wealth from the taxpayers; or
• Donors who appear to have an interest in taking the regulatory cops off the beat.
In fact, many large Bush donors straddle both camps, seeming to want the government off their backs except when it is giving them taxpayers money. The ranks of the Bush Profiteers include corporate welfare kings, snake oil salesmen, money launderers, tax evaders, tort dodgers, tobacco hacks and toxic waste dumpers.
The following Bush Profiteer profiles cite the total amount of money that the Profiteers contributed to Bush’s two gubernatorial campaigns (some totals include the contributions of nuclear family members).

3.*Tom & R. Steven Hicks (Dallas):$146,000
Tom Hicks is a corporate raider at Hicks Muse Tate & Furst (other name partners gave GWB $58,000). He made GWB’s fortune when he bought the Texas Rangers for $250 million in 99. After GWB’s election, UT Regents set up the University of Texas Investment Management Co. and made Hicks chair; lucrative UT investment contracts then flowed to firms tied to Hicks and his brother, who headed Capstar Broadcasting.

10. Richard E. Rainwater (Ft. Worth):$100,000
Rainwater was a key investor in the Texas Rangers and Columbia/HCA Healthcare, which the government is investigating on Medicare fraud charges (see Richard Scott, No. 65). GWB received $37,500 from executives of Rainwater’s Crescent Real Estate (see Gerald Haddock, No. 33), which bought two buildings from the state in 1996 at bargain-basement prices. GWB’s personal blind trust invested in Crescent during his first term.

63. José Fanjul (Palm Beach, FL):$10,000
The First Family of Corporate Welfare, the Fanjuls control a third of Florida sugar production, collecting $60 million a year in federal subsidies. Their Everglades land was drained at public expense, an environmental nightmare that costs taxpayers $63 million a year to maintain. The Fanjuls invest heavily in politicians.

65. Richard L. Scott (Ft. Worth):$10,000 aka [Now Florida Gov. Rick Scott] Picked up the pieces of the IMC Jeb Bush Miguel Recarey Medicare Fraud RICO in progress in 1987 and with start up capital from Richard Rainwater (No. 10), Scott started Columbia/HCA Healthcare chain. The HMO’s 10-year, hospital-buying binge ended in 1997 with federal investigators raiding Columbia facilities for evidence of Medicare fraud.

80. George/Richard Wackenhut (FL):$6,000
The largest U.S. prison company, Wackenhut Corrections has tens of millions of dollars in contracts with Texas. The state had to take over a Wackenhut-run facility in Austin in 1999 following criminal charges that Wackenhut understaffed the jail, falsified its records and employed guards that beat and had sex with inmates.

But, Charlie Crist is no better since Mel Sembler owned them all
SOUR GRAPES

Spring Hill, FL

#3630 Jul 27, 2014
WEET SUGAR | SOUR GRAPES
BOTH BUT FACES OF THE DUD
bcdergghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz|||| ||||
a
hey judge

United States

#3631 Jul 27, 2014
SOUR GRAPES wrote:
WEET SUGAR | SOUR GRAPES
BOTH BUT FACES OF THE DUD
bcdergghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz|||| ||||
a
There once was a quare baseball pitcher. he would wind up and pitch and drop it, then wind up a pitch and drop it, wind up a pitch and drop it again until some body in the stands would holler
THROW THAT BALL YOU CORK SUCKER!!!!

He said that's what he liked. that recognition!!!!!!

That's the way you are you old reprobate.......... you love that recognition.......
Mutt

Spring Hill, FL

#3632 Jul 27, 2014
hey judge wrote:
old reprobate.......... you love that recognition.......
Confused on who?

mr.........UAW welder
Panamaed

Mobile, AL

#3633 Jul 30, 2014
I have to admit some of my Stalkers are really good at what they do...excluding the Corrupt Perv Judge...
https://www.google.com/search... !--+var+exlogin%3D%27davhrb%27 +%2F%2F+login+var+exvsrv%3D%27 s9%27+%2F%2Fvserver+exs%3Dscre en%3Bexw%3Dexs.width%3Bnavigat or.appname!%3D%22netscape%22%3 F+exb%3Dexs.colordepth%3Aexb%3 Dexs.pixeldepth%3Bexsrc%3D%22s rc%22%3B+navigator.javaenabled %28%29%3D%3D1%3Fexjv%3D%22y%22 %3Aexjv%3D%22n%22%3B+exd%3Ddoc ument%3Bexw%3F%22%22%3Aexw%3D% 22na%22%3Bexb%3F%22%22%3Aexb%3 D%22na%22%3B+exref%3F+exref%3D exref%3Aexref%3Dexd.referrer%3 B+exd.write%28%22%22%29%3B%2F% 2F--%3E%09&ie=utf-8&oe =utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mo zilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&c lient=firefox-a&channel=sb #channel=sb&filter=0&q =%3C!--+var+exlogin%3D%27davhr b%27+//+login+var+exvsrv%3D%27 s9%27+//vserver+exs%3Dscreen%3 Bexw%3Dexs.width%3Bnavigator.a ppname!%3D%22netscape%22%3F+ex b%3Dexs.colordepth:exb%3Dexs.p ixeldepth%3Bexsrc%3D%22src%22% 3B+navigator.javaenabled%28%29 %3D%3D1%3Fexjv%3D%22y%22:exjv% 3D%22n%22%3B+exd%3Ddocument%3B exw%3F%22%22:exw%3D%22na%22%3B exb%3F%22%22:exb%3D%22na%22%3B +exref%3F+exref%3Dexref:exref% 3Dexd.referrer%3B+exd.write%28 %22%22%29%3B//--%3E&rls=or g.mozilla:en-US:official&s afe=off&start=10
TESTER 238761

Spring Hill, FL

#3635 Jul 30, 2014
Panamaed wrote:
I have to admit some of my Stalkers are really good at what they do...excluding the Corrupt Perv Judge...
https://www.google.com/search... !--+var+exlogin%3D%27davhrb%27 +%2F%2F+login+var+exvsrv%3D%27 s9%27+%2F%2Fvserver+exs%3Dscre en%3Bexw%3Dexs.width%3Bnavigat or.appname!%3D%22netscape%22%3 F+exb%3Dexs.colordepth%3Aexb%3 Dexs.pixeldepth%3Bexsrc%3D%22s rc%22%3B+navigator.javaenabled %28%29%3D%3D1%3Fexjv%3D%22y%22 %3Aexjv%3D%22n%22%3B+exd%3Ddoc ument%3Bexw%3F%22%22%3Aexw%3D% 22na%22%3Bexb%3F%22%22%3Aexb%3 D%22na%22%3B+exref%3F+exref%3D exref%3Aexref%3Dexd.referrer%3 B+exd.write%28%22%22%29%3B%2F% 2F--%3E%09&ie=utf-8&oe =utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mo zilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&c lient=firefox-a&channel=sb #channel=sb&filter=0&q =%3C!--+var+exlogin%3D%27davhr b%27+//+login+var+exvsrv%3D%27 s9%27+//vserver+exs%3Dscreen%3 Bexw%3Dexs.width%3Bnavigator.a ppname!%3D%22netscape%22%3F+ex b%3Dexs.colordepth:exb%3Dexs.p ixeldepth%3Bexsrc%3D%22src%22% 3B+navigator.javaenabled%28%29 %3D%3D1%3Fexjv%3D%22y%22:exjv% 3D%22n%22%3B+exd%3Ddocument%3B exw%3F%22%22:exw%3D%22na%22%3B exb%3F%22%22:exb%3D%22na%22%3B +exref%3F+exref%3Dexref:exref% 3Dexd.referrer%3B+exd.write%28 %22%22%29%3B//--%3E&rls=or g.mozilla:en-US:official&s afe=off&start=10
very impressive mini-mouse
usual jumping 5 ft 2 inch scorpio
test tickle

United States

#3636 Jul 30, 2014
you old pervert.......... you wasting good space
Space Shrinker

Spring Hill, FL

#3637 Jul 30, 2014
ALAS
YOUR FUN MY FUN
TRUE-------
-------VERY DUMB

“Free to be me and you!”

Since: Aug 14

Tampa, FL

#3638 Aug 17, 2014
Vote Blue in November.
JABBER ASSOC

Spring Hill, FL

#3639 Aug 17, 2014
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eep

just tune it ooff
mark

Wilmington, DE

#3640 Aug 17, 2014
Whats more important is that Spotos steakhouse is closed in Dunedin. The food sucked, service sucked
Panamaed

Mobile, AL

#3641 Aug 18, 2014
RE: EXPOSING CORRUPT MEDICAL EXAMINERS AND CORONERS EVERYWHERE:

I remember Dr. Baden well...KAY SYBERS, MARTIN ANDERSON, DAVID CARRADINE, MICHAEL BROWN, ETC...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baden

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/micha...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/inde...

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#3642 Aug 18, 2014
Panamaed wrote:
RE: EXPOSING CORRUPT MEDICAL EXAMINERS AND CORONERS EVERYWHERE:
I remember Dr. Baden well...KAY SYBERS, MARTIN ANDERSON, DAVID CARRADINE, MICHAEL BROWN, ETC...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baden
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/micha...
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/inde...
Dr Baden was on CNN this morning. I would go with anything he says. I hope it settles down in Ferguson. The 1996 racial riot in St Pete finally passed.
Anti Liberal

Jacksonville, FL

#3643 Aug 19, 2014
Liberal forever wrote:
<quoted text>Dr Baden was on CNN this morning. I would go with anything he says. I hope it settles down in Ferguson. The 1996 racial riot in St Pete finally passed.
I had to look up what it really meant to be liberal so this is what I found:

1.Favoring reform, open to new ideas, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; not bound by traditional thinking; broad-minded.

2.Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

3.Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

4.Tending to give freely; generous.

a liberal benefactor.

5.Generous in amount; ample.

a liberal serving of potatoes.

6.Not strict or literal; loose or approximate.

a liberal translation.

7.Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum.

a liberal education.

8.Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.

9.Morally unrestrained; licentious.

Please explain why you are forever a liberal. I will be glad to debate any of these in our current government. I a do agree they all sound good and it will be hard for me to debate.
lost

Spring Hill, FL

#3644 Aug 19, 2014
Anti Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>

look up....do agree

to be silent

“Free to be me and you!”

Tampa, FL

#3645 Aug 20, 2014
Anti Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to look up what it really meant to be liberal so this is what I found:
1.Favoring reform, open to new ideas, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; not bound by traditional thinking; broad-minded.
2.Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.
3.Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.
4.Tending to give freely; generous.
a liberal benefactor.
5.Generous in amount; ample.
a liberal serving of potatoes.
6.Not strict or literal; loose or approximate.
a liberal translation.
7.Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum.
a liberal education.
8.Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.
9.Morally unrestrained; licentious.
Please explain why you are forever a liberal. I will be glad to debate any of these in our current government. I a do agree they all sound good and it will be hard for me to debate.
I could not change your view nor could you change mine. If I really wanted to argue Iwould have stayed with.my husband of 34 years. That pretty much describes me. You do it your way. And I will do it my way. I sleep well at night.
Nina Brooks

Knoxville, TN

#3646 Aug 24, 2014
F POWELL wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that YOU are the ignorant one. YOU cannot even SPELL! We DO NOT appreciate people probably like you! I certainly find YOU OFFENSIVE. YOU need to go back to school and learn, grammar, spelling, and maybe a CLUE as to what real find new car or used car near you from local dealers http://www.nabacar.com/Blog/ArtMID/509/Articl... people want to discuss. YOU are the "dumdazz." (See stupid,“dumdazz” is not even a word, only a STUPID person could use such a word!
SO PLEASE DO NOT RETURN! This is an open website, hopefully not for the idiots, LIKE YOU!
we just need to listen to others thoughts and not insult
he who knows TRUE

Spring Hill, FL

#3647 Aug 24, 2014
needed comment is and was made

9 of 10 ||||||||| are just plain nothings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dinosaurs never existed, God put those fossils ... (Jun '07) Tue WHT 100
News Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Mon Determination 96
News Office Depot to hire 8,000 seasonal workers Jun 26 Anonymous 5
News Volusia to get its 1st VyStar branch Jun 23 Richard Move 2
daytona beach crime Jun 22 Richard Move 5
Any naturists in Ormond or Daytona Beach? Jun 22 Richard Move 2
News Police: child dead, mother hurt after being dra... Jun 22 Richard Move 3

Daytona Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance