2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a " Rick Scott Wins | The News of Today

Nov 3, 2010 Full story: thenewsoftoday.com 3,003

Posted by Jason Moore on Nov 3rd, 2010 and filed under Featured News . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response or trackback to this entry Florida Governor The 2010 Florida Governor Race has been a close one ever since the primaries ended.

Full Story

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#2687 Sep 23, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Gov. Rick Scott is slated to win republican reelection. Ricky will bet $Millions upon $Millions that the dysfunctional republican “Gerrymandering” coupled with Ricky’s ability to suppress voter turnout with long lines and other tactics for voter suppression. Will result in Low turn out for 2014. That will sell out the state of Florida, to once again suffer the shame of a republican Governor that supports the republican’s infamous ideology of inequality to favor the 1%.
Large turnout of voters for midterm elections is to be NOT expected. That would be the only means by which voters could trump all of the corruption that will be advanced by the republicans. Florida has a superior number of Democrats registered, of which approximately a Million will not vote in the up coming 2014 elections.
Here is what republicans and Ricky supports. Wealth distributions;
Percentage of income gains captured by the top 1 percent in the first three years of the economic recovery: 95 %
Percentage income growth since 1967 for the top 5 percent of earners: 88 %
and for the top 20 percent of earners: 70 %
and for middle-income households: 20 %
Average income of top 1 percent:$1.2 million
Average net worth of the top 1 percent:$16.4 million
The share of wealth held by the richest 400 Americans: 1/2
The median household net worth in 2010:$57,000
and in 1983:$73,000
Percentage of the 1 percenters who said they were “middle class at heart”: 76 %
The total number of Americans living in poverty — with incomes of $23,492 for a family of four or $11,720 for an individual: 46.5 million
Unless we the people get a large turn out in 2014 we can only imagine just how much more will the republicans siphon off the wealth and income from the middle class. How much more will the poverty increase?
Gerrymandering is only bad when Republicans do it?

I've repeatedly said I want a couple of calc guys from MIT to make an unemotional voting map, regardless of political affiliations.

My first Congressman was Gary Ackermann. A psycho-liberal jew from Jamaica, Queens. My district is in western Suffolk, an entire county and about 5 other Congressman away.

Now it's Steve Israel, he is at least from my area, even though I didn't vote for him. I know him personally. We worked together when he was a Town Councilman here.

So when the surrendercrats had the map, my affluent Republican white vote was offset by about 10 generational welfare recipients paid to vote with a carton of menthols.

Liberal hypocrisy knows no bounds. It's why you cry for more student aid, and then jack up the cost of college at double and triple the CPI.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2688 Sep 23, 2013
mjjcap Totally agree with Greenspan. 1929 and 2008 finical collapses had the same inequality forces. Here in Florida we can see it in action with our Ricky boy.
Typical redundant republican our dear Gov Rick Scott is. Its Charlie’s fault that we had such a terrible lost of economic security. Charlie and Alex left me with so much to do .. Poor, poor Ricky. Even now he is incompetent in his assessment of what actually occurred. Seriously makes one wonder how could someone so naïve in our USA’s financials recent history be elected to be Governor of Florida??
That could explain why he maintained the same destructive financial republican policies of the 2008 republican debacle. Lower the Taxes on the elite and DEREGULATE ! Now he fumbly numbly tries to take credit for the jobs Obama provided for the state. Points to how well we have progressed under his brilliant pro-business administration. Oh how he provided employment to be reduced by his brilliance. Advancing Florida recovery ahead of the nations recovery.
Unfortunately for Ricky boy there are those with computer memories and educated economics that debunks all of this republican propaganda.
Economics from the right and left can not agree with Ricky, actually they find it to be erroneously deceitful. David Denslow, retired University of Florida economist, called Scott's contentions "without empirical foundation."
National recovery was the coat tails that Ricky rode to recovery and even than not all that well. Unemployment greatest drops in Florida has been achieved by laborers simply no longer looking for employment. That’s according to Legislature's Office of Economic and Demographic Research… Recovery is NOT ahead of national recovery actually lagging behind trying painfully to keep up.
Ricky is not disturbed by the facts of his failure to represent his constituents desperations for employment, food and health. They can easily be bought with his Millions and Millions. It worked before and it will again. No problem..
Quinnipiac University Polling Institute surveys in early 2012 discovered that if the economy was improving then it was due to Ricky’s brilliance. Alas just as when it did poorly they assigned the failure to Ricky.
Peter Brown sums it up. If Obama continues to improve our economy and Ricky spends Millions and Millions then he could be reelected. Although he did admit that only ½ of the respondents were actually asked the question on the Quinnipiac survey.“ Is the economy improving or NOT” here in Florida.
May 2013 CBO reports that Obama is decreasing deficit at alarming rate. Guess Ricky will say “See What I Did”! Republican stooges will lap it up. Then vote to continue our spiral into poverty.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2689 Sep 23, 2013
Republicans for Inequality are fueling up with propaganda. It is the primary mover of their herded sheep
Republican party has already launched their reelection campaign Supporting Ricky by stating in a June press release "The Crist-Sink Team Lost 832,000 Jobs From January 2007 To January 2011," ?? < Now that’s how you lie and deceive its called propaganda
Economist for Florida Denslow disagrees. Comparing Fl. To other states that have a right to work and no income tax ideology . "We couldn't have escaped," he said.
Economists mostly agree on the causes.
"The collapse of the housing bubble -- fueled by low interest rates, easy and available credit, scant regulation and toxic mortgages -- was the spark," said the 2011 report of the congressional Financial Crisis Inquiry Report on the crash. Economist Sean Snaith of the University of Central Florida said "No state could have been sheltered from events of that magnitude, let alone Florida, where the housing market was such a big part of the economy," Considering Ricky’s incompetence to realize what caused the republican meltdown of 2008 then he has no rational reason to take credit for the recovery for he does not comprehend their dynamics.
Personal income grew 3.2 percent in 2012 -- less than the national rate of 3.5 percent -- and dropped 1.5 percent in the first quarter of 2012, ranking the state 39th.
Scott has repeatedly said Florida's unemployment rate had dropped more than any state in the nation while he was governor, from a high of more than 11 percent when he took office to 8.8 percent in late 2012. But most of that decline, the state economists said, was due to people dropping out of the labor force.
As of June, 2012, Florida had recovered only 13.5 percent of the jobs it lost in the Great Recession, while in the nation as a whole, the recovery rate was 34.6 percent. Florida did rank 3rd in increase in Part Time laborers, that were forced from full time employment. according to The State of Working Florida 2012, a report by Florida International University economists.
Republicans evade, distract, confuse their herded voters to continue to support failure after failure, after failure, after failure, after failure,….

Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2691 Sep 23, 2013
Joe wrote:
It's been brought to the attention of the global media, that Obama's intention is to make health insurance mandatory Oct, 1.____? << the date [error] would indicate the signing of the proposed bill that Obama appeared to be in favor of. Finding more information on this matter filled in the blank space, according to internet information, which would show that the bill will become effective January 2013! The only conclusion would be that the media is now reporting on what sounds like a You Tube viral video. For the good of the American people, we can only hope that the latter, is true. If it isn't we're totally completely F*cked as a nation!
Naïve is the best I can offer you , as a compliment on your comment. Oct 1 2013 will open the doors for applications for Obamacare, which takes effect Jan 1 2014.
If you are buying that red herring the republicans are offering you, you will discover it will disappear , along with your money that you paid for such a dysfunctional republican, so called “leadership.”
Remember that Obamacare is under mandatory spending? NOT discretionary spending. Mandatory spending on Obamacare will continue regardless if the government is held hostage or not. Has nothing to do with discretionary spending. Its just another ploy by republicans to distract, evade, elude issues. Like Immigration, Budget, Gun Law Reforms, etc. etc,
Oh with any luck if the republicans can get the shutdown they will be tickled pink. Consider; Credit of USA goes down in default = Interest rates go up on debt>= Cash flow from taxpayers fills the 1%’s coffers as they are the investors in the debt with T-Bills as is China since republicans sold them about a half trillion at a discount back in 2005 for financing their debt then.
I’m sure you are proud to claim them as your shepherds.“RIGHT”?

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#2692 Sep 23, 2013
Bernard forespam
HMMMMMM

Sarasota, FL

#2693 Sep 23, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Naïve is the best I can offer you , as a compliment on your comment. Oct 1 2013 will open the doors for applications for Obamacare, which takes effect Jan 1 2014.
If you are buying that red herring the republicans are offering you, you will discover it will disappear , along with your money that you paid for such a dysfunctional republican, so called “leadership.”
Remember that Obamacare is under mandatory spending? NOT discretionary spending. Mandatory spending on Obamacare will continue regardless if the government is held hostage or not. Has nothing to do with discretionary spending. Its just another ploy by republicans to distract, evade, elude issues. Like Immigration, Budget, Gun Law Reforms, etc. etc,
Oh with any luck if the republicans can get the shutdown they will be tickled pink. Consider; Credit of USA goes down in default = Interest rates go up on debt>= Cash flow from taxpayers fills the 1%’s coffers as they are the investors in the debt with T-Bills as is China since republicans sold them about a half trillion at a discount back in 2005 for financing their debt then.
No one will believe you from the right. The reason being, you are not quoting FOX, Beck, Rush, Hannity, or the other paid disinformation paid shilling heads.
David Harbin

United States

#2694 Sep 23, 2013
Google "TRACKING WOLF TO THE BLACK SHEEP SHEPHERDS"

UNITED BANK OF SWITZERLAND OWNS OBAMA!

UBS IS USING NY SHELL COMPANIES TO ROB FDIC ASSETS THAT WERE CAUSED WHEN THE MOB ROBBED THE BANKS.

NOT TO MENTION THE BIG BANKS THAT WERE TARPED TO COVER IT ALL UP.

NO ARRESTS.....JUST AN ONGOING INVESTIGATION TO NOWHERE!
Joe

Leesburg, FL

#2695 Sep 23, 2013
HMMMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will believe you from the right. The reason being, you are not quoting FOX, Beck, Rush, Hannity, or the other paid disinformation paid shilling heads.
Take the only source of information we are allowed to have, based on the merit that it's supposed to be trust worthy, hold it up against the idea that it must be the truth, because without that information people would have nothing- and then figure out on your own where the real story is! Based on public opinion that leads to controversy, Hannity Limbaugh Beck, and even Dennis Miller, seem more intent on contradicting their statements for $$ and the sake of a career. Miller's views have changed from comedic to serious, because he realizes there is no humor in being lied too. People need a good laugh.
David Harbin

United States

#2696 Sep 23, 2013
Google:

R.E.A.D.
Panama Partners
Panama Holdings
Shores of Panama

Compare the addresses and check them out on the map.

Summit on Hudson!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2699 Sep 24, 2013
Inequality of the distribution of our laborers productivity in San Joes Calif. demonstrates that their austerity, to address their fiscal irresponsibility is prevalent even among some democrat leadership.
Services have been cut to their libraries and community centers closed, laying off and reducing salaries to their employees. Resulting in new facilities empty, from pot holes to home burglaries are increasing.
Silicon valley in decline. Similar to rust belt municipalities failures. Both exhibit how austerity does not address a solution, only increase their demise.
Democrat Xavier Campos councilman is perplexed as to what to do.
Democrat Mayor Chuck Reed is following the same ideology of cutting laborers pensions and increasing their co pays.
Democrat Rahm Emanuel of Chicago and Gina Raimondo treasurer of Rhode Island are of the same mind.“I think it needs to be led by Democrats,” Mr. Reed said.“It can’t become something Republicans are doing to unions.”
All and well yet though the colors are different from red to blue the results remain the same. Laborers will be required to work unlimited overtime to remain at the same levels that they now exist in. Relying on that much overtime being available has many laborers skeptical of their security and are leaving their positions.
Bankruptcy lawyer Karol K. Denniston of the Schiff Hardin firm stated; “There is growing recognition that there is not enough money to keep doing what they’re doing, and something’s got to change.”
Laborers have already received a 10% cut in their incomes and are told its not enough. Pension and health care will also need to be cut!
Thousands of laborers have been sent to the unemployment lines or early retirement. Veteran officers have taken their lifetime experiences with them. Vandalism is no longer controlled. Crime is increasing. Security is decreasing. No one wants to cut workers and yet there it is. City auditor Ms. Erickson questions “We have a huge opportunity here to get it right, And if we can’t get it right here in San Jose, where can we get it right?”
As with the republicans these democrats and in the article that was written by By RICK LYMAN and MARY WILLIAMS WALSH ; Struggling , San Jose Tests a Way to Cut Benefits
Published: September 23, 2013 N.Y. Times ;

All of them failed to address the root of their problem.“The Price Of Inequality” That is why they will continue to digress with austerity ideologies.
Technology boon made Silicone Valley the new gold rush of our 21st century. Apparently they have forgotten the lessons of the past. Gold mines wealth soon went to the few, a minority, with no distributions to their miners. Resulting with a haunting sprinkling of ghost towns.
Presently we are facing the same forces that promoted desolation to our mining towns of yesteryear. Today we call them Bankrupt towns. Whether we be red, white or blue, together we need stand together to reign the abusive inequality of our national wealth and income. http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions.
Nay, Nay, Nay on increase taxes on the wealth and income of the minority is no longer acceptable. Royalties to the laborers, on their past productions, that are still being collected by the minority with no distributions, wouldn’t hurt. Oh Pensions that are stagnated and evaporated by political winds is not proving to be a secure reliable benefit for the elderly retiree. Its Time For A Cool , Cool Change…
David Harbin

United States

#2701 Sep 24, 2013
Bernie supports rotten COMMON CORE.....he can write, but he can't R.E.A.D. as in UBS Robert Wolf who met Obama in George Soros' office.

$3 Million PLUS in Democrat DONATIONS!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2704 Sep 25, 2013
Anyone who has a CDL license BEWARWE. Ricky and his republican stooges passed a law back in 2011 that suspends your license without notice if they have no confirmation of an up to date physical. No notice of that law was ever delivered to me and come to find out I have been driving on a suspended license for the past 2 years! I’m retired and had no reason to keep up the physicals, as I was not employed in any CDL activity or was going to be. Found out when I went for job that required driving a van. CDL not required. Lost that even though I immediately paid off the scam fine of $80 and had it reinstated. Company says they won’t insure me for I was driving 2 years with a suspended license !
.. OH No republicans do not want to raise taxes but just increases scams to screw more money for their services. Bogus fines.
LOL now Ricky trying to blame Obama for Ricky’s neglect to take care of our environment and wants Obama to pay for Ricky’s erroneous blunders.
Oh well welcome to Florida and check with your physicians if you can go to the beaches. Is your immunity up to date, to handle oil and or any other toxic substance that Ricky is dumping into our rivers. LOL pure white snowbirds will be going back dyed brown or some other color. Thank you Ricky and your cohort republican legislatures.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2705 Sep 25, 2013
Good to know all the malarkey that the Tea Nuts are spewing is all for not other then to excuse themselves from leadership abilities.
Oct 1 2013 will open the doors for applications for Obamacare, which takes effect Jan 1 2014.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#2707 Sep 25, 2013
Premiums: Tennessee men face 290% increase, women 197%...
TRIPLES KY FAMILY'S INSURANCE OVERNIGHT...
David Harbin

United States

#2708 Sep 25, 2013
Obamacare Consultants are being paid millions in Grants.....WHAT A RACKET OBAMACARE IS!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2723 Oct 1, 2013
A detective once told me, most crimes can be solved by following the money. Now who benefits with the government shutdown? Main Street USA? Nah don’t see that. How about; Government shuts down> Credit is threaten on the debt> Interest rates go up> Greater cost to debt.> Increasing outflow of taxpayers monies to pay the additional cost of debt. Now Who Owns a large portion of that Debt? Who invested in the debt? Largest investor is the 1% and second largest investors are the foreign investors. China being one of the largest.
All of these investors have so much faith in our debt being paid on a profitable return ever increasing with each new calamity to the debt.
Republicans merely propose that it is the minority Ideoloques within their party that are responsible. Exposing their leadership to be the tail that wags the dog party. Imagine this political ideology of the republicans on a National Stage?
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Now you decide. To make the richer, richer. To be or not to be. 2014 you decide.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#2725 Oct 1, 2013
Are the WH chefs 'essential'?

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#2727 Oct 1, 2013
Heil No wrote:
<quoted text>
It don't take chefs to feed the white house occupants.
Anyone who can cook chitterlings, fry pork chops and slice watermelon would do fine.
Oh Chet I fergot obummer don't eat no "poke" be be's a moose Limb!
On second though maybe they be's essential I don't know what moose limbs eat! Probably takes essential chefs to cook things like camel dung and make it tasty.
I don't feed trolls.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#2729 Oct 1, 2013

Lets take a short stroll amongst the civilized industrious nations that have reined in their Inequality and compare it to our USA.
Workers in USA compared;
Average number of hours U.S. workers put in annually: 1,790
what the Norwegians work: 1,420
and the French: 1,479
Percent increase in productivity from 1979 to 2012: 75
What the median middle-class income ($51,017) would be if wages grew at the same rate:$77,131
(Check out this handy tool from EPI to see what your income would be if it had kept up with productivity.)
Number of guaranteed days of paid vacation given to U.S. workers: 0
Number of vacation days U.S. workers are entitled to, but don’t take, in a typical year: 175 million
Number of paid maternity days in Germany: 98 (100% pay)
Number of paid maternity days in France: 112 (100% pay)
Number of paid maternity days in U.S.: 0
Number of industrialized countries that do not mandate paid maternity leave: 1
(yes, the U.S. is the only one that does not require paid leave.) AND we have not even gotten into Sweden yet. I’ll let you research that one and observe what the Price Of Inequality is to you and your children.
Inequality of financial distribution is the bottom line basic foundation for what ails our USA. Everything else takes a back seat as mere distractions to obtaining the solution.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#2730 Oct 1, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Lets take a short stroll amongst the civilized industrious nations that have reined in their Inequality and compare it to our USA.
Workers in USA compared;
Average number of hours U.S. workers put in annually: 1,790
what the Norwegians work: 1,420
and the French: 1,479
Percent increase in productivity from 1979 to 2012: 75
What the median middle-class income ($51,017) would be if wages grew at the same rate:$77,131
(Check out this handy tool from EPI to see what your income would be if it had kept up with productivity.)
Number of guaranteed days of paid vacation given to U.S. workers: 0
Number of vacation days U.S. workers are entitled to, but don’t take, in a typical year: 175 million
Number of paid maternity days in Germany: 98 (100% pay)
Number of paid maternity days in France: 112 (100% pay)
Number of paid maternity days in U.S.: 0
Number of industrialized countries that do not mandate paid maternity leave: 1
(yes, the U.S. is the only one that does not require paid leave.) AND we have not even gotten into Sweden yet. I’ll let you research that one and observe what the Price Of Inequality is to you and your children.
Inequality of financial distribution is the bottom line basic foundation for what ails our USA. Everything else takes a back seat as mere distractions to obtaining the solution.
Norway's enviroterrorists let them drill their oil, and they don't have blacks skewing their data. Their muslims are posing a problem now though.

France is bankrupt.

Germans work. The German govt. and school system are pro-manufacturing too, unlike American liberals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new business just opening 13 hr ultimate powersports 2
Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) 21 hr ckreitsek 90
Tis the season to dump cases! Dec 16 hummingbirddraago... 1
Need some help... Dec 15 True Blue Local 1
Husband of woman charged in South Daytona fatal... Dec 10 See It Get It 4
Debate: Marijuana - Daytona Beach, FL (Aug '10) Dec 8 bobbarbie 109
Pitbull Owners-What is wrong with them? (Apr '14) Dec 8 akmorgan100 19
Daytona Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web