RV Tips for Summer
Posted in the Daytona Beach Forum
Saint Marys, PA
#1 Jul 12, 2013
RV tips are a dime a dozen and ours are probably even cheaper than that. We compiled a random list of some of our favorite RV tips for summer.
RV Tips for summer
1. Get your RV Interior Ready
• Air out your RV by opening all of the windows and vents.
• Flush out the water lines. Be sure to add a tank cleaner/freshener product to get rid of any lingering bacteria that worked itself into your system. We know that many people use bleach in their tanks then run the faucets till they can smell bleach. They then let it sit for 24 hours then flush the system before refilling for use.
• Quickly spot check that all the interior fixtures and appliances are working. Both electrical and gas appliances should be tested. If you notice any issues then call a technician immediately, especially if you smell gas.
2: Remove Those Phantom RV Odors
Use this handy trick for ridding your RV of unwanted odors:
• There are some weird smells that can be created while your RV is stored for the winter months. We found that charcoal is your best bet for fighting odors. Place some charcoal strategically and liberally to the affected area. It can take quite a bit of charcoal if it’s a large area that has the odor. Best if you find charcoal without lighter fluid on it.
3: Take Care of Your RV Awning So It Can Take Care of You
Summer means sun, and sun means shade is at a premium. Your RV awning is by far the most useful tool for creating shade and helping make your stay at any RV park more enjoyable. It doesn’t matter if its rain cover, shade producing, or even for a little more space for your RV lifestyle, the RV awning is a staple for summer RV travel.
• The RV awning needs special care to work as intended and so it performs well for years to come.
• Remove dirt and sediment from it on a regular basis
• Always lower one edge so that rain and debris doesn’t sit stagnant on top of it
• Try to anchor the awning when possible to minimize twisting
• Any moving parts should be lubricated every year
• Repair any holes immediately
4: Protect Your Noodle with a Noodle
• If you have ever seen a pop-out in a RV park with a modified children’s pool toy on its edges than you may have seen this idea without realizing it. This modified toy idea helps to save your back, head, and appendages from getting gouged by your pop-out while walking or working around them. Simply take a pool noodle and cut it on one edge then cut it to length to fit the edges of your pop-out and they should slider right on then right off for removal when necessary.
5: Give your RV’s Batteries a Once Over
• The warmer temperatures in the summer tend to put additional stress on your batteries. They tend to discharge quicker and require more topping off of fluids than during cooler months. You should try to check the fluid levels in your batteries regularly to give them the longest service life. Read more on Battery Maintenance.
6: Give Some Love to Your Generator
• Most generators are tough enough to seem like they don’t need maintenance but they certainly do. They need their oil changes, filter replaced, air filter checked just like any other engine. Be sure not to overlook this key feature of your RV.
7: Prepare Your RV and Passengers for Storms
• Take some time to plan for how to handle your RV and your passengers if bad weather strikes.
• It usually helps to grab an elevated campsite away from trees if possible.
• Before you set out on your trip be sure to get some good photos of the interior and exterior of the RV in preparation for any damage that may occur.
• Grab a waterproof container or document file to place any important documents in your RV.
• Be sure to have an emergency kit in the RV. Water, food, other personal necessities are a plus.
• Get a good feel for how to find the integral functions of your RV in the dark (Flashlight).
Add your comments below
|Keva Matovina||Fri||The south||3|
|Mark Matovina||Fri||Sunshine state||5|
|Pitbull Owners-What is wrong with them? (Apr '14)||Fri||Florida sucks||23|
|Enforcers Motorcycle Club (Nov '14)||Fri||Florida sucks||206|
|Guy in Ormond By The Sea that yells at God||Fri||private eye||3|
|Palm Coat littering||Apr 17||TonyM||3|
|Top Stories - FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club... (Aug '07)||Apr 17||Justice seeker||233|
Find what you want!
Search Daytona Beach Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC