5 dogs quarantined in Port Orange after pit bull attack, police say...

Full story: Daytona Beach News-Journal Online

When three pit bulls escaped from their Port Orange home then charged and injured a couple and their two dogs in a street confrontation, Jeffery Macklefresh thought the city should have the power to seize the attacking dogs.
Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Oct 21, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
witness

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Fightbogusnews wrote:
This is another sad example of how a reporter gets a hold of a "police report," which could NEVER be inaccurate, and runs with it. The dogs involved in this incident were FAR from pitbulls, they were boxer mixes. And this is how "pitbulls" get an even worse name. The "victim" is a malicious and vindictive liar who has been witnessed by several people changing his story every time he tells it.
Well...im guessing you are related or know Kim and try to help her defend her dogs. She is clearly not capable to be a responsible dog owner.
I am in fact a,witness....i was there when the couple got attacked...the victim is not a liar, what happened was tragic. I'm only one of the many people that rushed to their help. Those dogs are blood thirsty animals that not only bit their dogs but the couple as well. There was blood all over the street. Don't talk about good people that were victims of yet another owner not caring about what horrible dogs they raise.
NSBResident

Edgewater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Is this the woman who opened a dog rescue in the middle of a residential neighborhood? If so, I am amazed that Port Orange allowed her to do that. Its one thing to want to help animals, its quite another to have the proper area, training, and facility to do it. You can't hang a sign and call yourself an animal rescue.
Witness

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Dear nsb resident, unfortunately I have to answer your question with a yes. She has a ''rescue'....whatever that means. We lived in this neighborhood all out lives, and our grand kids come over every weekend. We never had anything like this in our neighborhood. We are still scared as I said we have never witnessed anything like this. Neighbors saw her removing about 15 crates from her house they day after her dogs attacked this young couple and their dogs. She still has her 'rescue' and sells her dogs. This was a good neighborhood. I have seen the couple walk their labs every other night. I havent seen them since. We would love for her to leave the neighborhood as I talked to so many other residents here but of course there is no way to force her to do her business elsewhere and she is still pursuing her 'help' for dogs. If you have any idea what it is we could do to make our neighborhood safe again please let me know. I am afraid of my wife to even get the mail since this happened.
Thank you very much for your comment.
NSBResident wrote:
Is this the woman who opened a dog rescue in the middle of a residential neighborhood? If so, I am amazed that Port Orange allowed her to do that. Its one thing to want to help animals, its quite another to have the proper area, training, and facility to do it. You can't hang a sign and call yourself an animal rescue.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Witness wrote:
Dear nsb resident, unfortunately I have to answer your question with a yes. She has a ''rescue'....whatever that means. We lived in this neighborhood all out lives, and our grand kids come over every weekend. We never had anything like this in our neighborhood. We are still scared as I said we have never witnessed anything like this. Neighbors saw her removing about 15 crates from her house they day after her dogs attacked this young couple and their dogs. She still has her 'rescue' and sells her dogs. This was a good neighborhood. I have seen the couple walk their labs every other night. I havent seen them since. We would love for her to leave the neighborhood as I talked to so many other residents here but of course there is no way to force her to do her business elsewhere and she is still pursuing her 'help' for dogs. If you have any idea what it is we could do to make our neighborhood safe again please let me know. I am afraid of my wife to even get the mail since this happened.
<quoted text>
Did you contact Code Enforcement?
NSBResident

Edgewater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Witness wrote:
If you have any idea what it is we could do to make our neighborhood safe again please let me know. I am afraid of my wife to even get the mail since this happened.
<quoted text>
I am not going to say that pit bulls are bad dogs. I own a red nose pitbull, and I also own a pit bull mix. I won't blame the dogs for what they do, I blame the owners. Sometimes people adopt or try to help dogs that were previously raised improperly, but they need to have the proper training themselves to be able to do this, and they need to have the proper place to do it.

My dogs have NEVER been aggressive with anyone. They LOVE the UPS and mail carriers. I have other dogs come in my yard and have never had a dog fight. Unfortunately, there are other dogs that will run toward my dogs aggressively growling and barking. They are usually much smaller dogs. This recently happened in the waiting room of the vets office while my pitbull was laying quietly on the floor. The owner of the Yorkshire Terrier that was pulling on his leash while barking and growling at my dog made the comment "He thinks he can just argue with any dog he sees" as she smiled picked him up and kissed him. I mentioned to her that this was one type of behavior that would have my dog deemed an "aggressive dog" IF my dog should try to defend herself if her dog had actually bitten my dog. She copped an attitude, but hopefully it made her think. Small terrier dogs are far worse than pitbulls, they just don't get the news coverage.

Pt Orange has a limit on the number of animals that can be kept at a personal residence. Most cities do. That is why I am surprised that she has been allowed to continue. I would suggest that you neighbors get together and made sure that they enforce the law in your neighborhood. Here is a link to the info on their website http://www.port-orange.org/residents/...
Chewy

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Becca wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry...you know this how? I personally know the couple that were the VICTIMS in this story and he is FAR from vindictive or a LIAR. Do you know either of them? Have you ever talked to them? How about checking your facts before running your mouth about something you obivously know nothing about? Since when should someone be critized or blamed when ALL they were doing was walking their LEASHED dogs in their own neighborhood?? Does it really matter what breed of dog did the attacking? What matters is 2 people and their dogs were injured by other vicious dogs, who attacked unprovoked...period. Thankfully they all are recovering.
Becca,
You do not know ANYTHING about the male victim. I could totally see him acting out. He's real good at BS.
Idiot

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Yes chewy....or maybe it's you Kim or your aunt or niece or whoever you got to lie for you and your bogus money making rescue so u don't have to get a real job....
She does know him I know him...we are from here ...we saw the pups and what hers did did to them and how everyone covered it up....so just shut up if you don't know any facts!!!!
Chewy wrote:
<quoted text>
Becca,
You do not know ANYTHING about the male victim. I could totally see him acting out. He's real good at BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Daytona Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Daytona Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Daytona Beach News, Events & Info