5 dogs quarantined in Port Orange after pit bull attack, police say...

When three pit bulls escaped from their Port Orange home then charged and injured a couple and their two dogs in a street confrontation, Jeffery Macklefresh thought the city should have the power to seize the attacking dogs. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fightbogusnews

Atlanta, GA

#1 Feb 24, 2013
This is another sad example of how a reporter gets a hold of a "police report," which could NEVER be inaccurate, and runs with it. The dogs involved in this incident were FAR from pitbulls, they were boxer mixes. And this is how "pitbulls" get an even worse name. The "victim" is a malicious and vindictive liar who has been witnessed by several people changing his story every time he tells it.
Mario

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2013
The fact is these mutts attacked two individuals and there pets while walking in there neighborhood.
C Dawggins

Ormond Beach, FL

#3 Feb 27, 2013
My mother's dog was just attacked in our neighborhood by a pitbull. We pushed a suit with the owner until she was convinced to put the dog down. We convinced her that it was the only way for her to save her house and her assets. I no longer have ANY tolerance for these POS breeds. I now carry a handgun when I walk the neighborhood, because the next time, I will drop a vicious dog in its tracks. Period.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#4 Feb 27, 2013
This became an issue when a pomeranian, was killed by a pitbull. The newspaper told one side of the story, favoring the smaller dog and the owner. Now if anyones dog attacks another dog with fatal results the owner of the surviving dog, will be charged booked & fined. One tragic incident and everybody is made to suffer!???
Gnirps

Orlando, FL

#5 Mar 1, 2013
Have people not realized that a dog is a reflection of their owner and how they were raised?
I know lots of really nice Boxers and Pit bulls!
They are very capable of being loving and kind animals.
Just like any creature on this freaking planet (Humans included) if neglected we tend to act out.
Get over the fact your dog got "Attacked"....realiz e that they are just reacting to situations they are put in and their natural instinct.

“Life enthusiast”

Since: Mar 13

Daytona Beach Shores

#6 Mar 9, 2013
C Dawggins wrote:
My mother's dog was just attacked in our neighborhood by a pitbull. We pushed a suit with the owner until she was convinced to put the dog down. We convinced her that it was the only way for her to save her house and her assets. I no longer have ANY tolerance for these POS breeds. I now carry a handgun when I walk the neighborhood, because the next time, I will drop a vicious dog in its tracks. Period.
I would not blame you.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Mar 10, 2013
The idea that you filed a suit... lie the idea that you would shoot a dog.. lie again. You're desperate for attention! It isn't human to wipe out another human being, or even threaten to do it! You have emotional issues!!!!!!!!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#8 Mar 11, 2013
Joe wrote:
The idea that you filed a suit... lie the idea that you would shoot a dog.. lie again. You're desperate for attention! It isn't human to wipe out another human being, or even threaten to do it! You have emotional issues!!!!!!!!
When a big dog is coming at you and the owner is yelling "oh,he won't bite", and if it is still charging at ten feet,I won't give that owner a chance to be wrong! Walking trails are clearly marked that dogs have to be under control and on a leash. Owners still let the animals loose "to romp". It's a shame we have to carry pistols and mace to protect ourselves and others around us. Back in the neighborhood, the public streets and sidewalks are just that, PUBLIC. When a uncontrolled dog comes at you in this public place, it's game on.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Mar 11, 2013
You have violence issues!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#10 Mar 11, 2013
Joe wrote:
You have violence issues!
Just standing my ground. If you choose to be a milksop and get chewed up by a dog, by all means,feel free to do so!
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#11 Mar 11, 2013
The public streets are public! Yet you're willing to shoot a dog, that isn't a threat. Your comment clearing indicates, that even when an owner knows how it will react, you will mace & or kill the dog because you disagree with the owner. Shooting dog's or people because, you feel threatened at the drop of hat, Murder!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#12 Mar 11, 2013
Joe wrote:
The public streets are public! Yet you're willing to shoot a dog, that isn't a threat. Your comment clearing indicates, that even when an owner knows how it will react, you will mace & or kill the dog because you disagree with the owner. Shooting dog's or people because, you feel threatened at the drop of hat, Murder!
Go back and read my post over! You tiptoed through the tulips and didn't comprehend what you read.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Mar 11, 2013
It's game on... stand your ground, you're lost so far. Heres how it plays out. You feel threatened by a harmless dog. The owner tries to control the dog, you kill it, the owner feels threatened, he kills you= They stand their ground= you die, no punishment. Over a harmless dog, you're still too stupid to get out of your own way!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Joe wrote:
It's game on... stand your ground, you're lost so far. Heres how it plays out. You feel threatened by a harmless dog. The owner tries to control the dog, you kill it, the owner feels threatened, he kills you= They stand their ground= you die, no punishment. Over a harmless dog, you're still too stupid to get out of your own way!
A "harmless dog" that's charging you? Where did you read "harmless dog" into the situation? Your imagination is in overload. Lets see you use your charm and influence to stop a dog attack. Lets see you use your expertise to put back the flesh that's hanging off your body and then apologize to the owner for stressing out his dog.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#15 Mar 11, 2013
You're contradicting yourself. This story didn't happen until you made it happen. The owner said the dog didn't bite. You think the dog bites. The dog runs toward you[which dogs are known to do when they are curious/playful/or friendly. BANG! you shoot the dog on a stupid preconcieved notion. If you you insist on making up a story and defending it, then previous comment indicates that you were shot dead. It doesn't matter
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Mar 11, 2013
Fightbogusnews wrote:
This is another sad example of how a reporter gets a hold of a "police report," which could NEVER be inaccurate, and runs with it. The dogs involved in this incident were FAR from pitbulls, they were boxer mixes. And this is how "pitbulls" get an even worse name. The "victim" is a malicious and vindictive liar who has been witnessed by several people changing his story every time he tells it.
<<< this comment sounds right. News reports or people that hear a story, and tell the story the wrong way knowing that it provokes fear, is the minds of the public. Provided the story makes at least some sense [Thomas A ]
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#17 Mar 11, 2013
Joe wrote:
You're contradicting yourself. This story didn't happen until you made it happen. The owner said the dog didn't bite. You think the dog bites. The dog runs toward you[which dogs are known to do when they are curious/playful/or friendly. BANG! you shoot the dog on a stupid preconcieved notion. If you you insist on making up a story and defending it, then previous comment indicates that you were shot dead. It doesn't matter
Go back and read other than what you want to read into it. That's what the mace (Halt or Dog Stop) is for. If that doesn't work, then Plan B. Still,if you're totally stupid enough to wait until a strange big dog is on you until you figure out you're being attacked, take whatever comes your way. You're injured in just a matter of seconds. Past that,you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#18 Mar 11, 2013
You're the only one being attacked by a dog that doesn't bite, according to you. After that you're just defending your comment. That' can only mean that you started an arguement with yourself...and lost!
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

#19 Mar 11, 2013
It must be raining cats and dogs over there, cause you just stepped in a poodle!
Becca

Lake Mary, FL

#20 Mar 14, 2013
Fightbogusnews wrote:
This is another sad example of how a reporter gets a hold of a "police report," which could NEVER be inaccurate, and runs with it. The dogs involved in this incident were FAR from pitbulls, they were boxer mixes. And this is how "pitbulls" get an even worse name. The "victim" is a malicious and vindictive liar who has been witnessed by several people changing his story every time he tells it.
I am sorry...you know this how? I personally know the couple that were the VICTIMS in this story and he is FAR from vindictive or a LIAR. Do you know either of them? Have you ever talked to them? How about checking your facts before running your mouth about something you obivously know nothing about? Since when should someone be critized or blamed when ALL they were doing was walking their LEASHED dogs in their own neighborhood?? Does it really matter what breed of dog did the attacking? What matters is 2 people and their dogs were injured by other vicious dogs, who attacked unprovoked...period. Thankfully they all are recovering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 39 min Liberal forever 2,477
Daytona Beach police officer charged with felon... 9 hr headheldhigh 1
Inmate work crews provide six-figure savings fo... Mon Dragonfly Humming... 1
Husband of woman charged in South Daytona fatal... Sun dick dasterley 3
Motorcyclist seriously injured in wreck with de... Sun Romes 4
city hunt club Sep 13 investagator 1
Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Sep 10 nene 88
•••
•••
•••

Daytona Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Daytona Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Daytona Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Daytona Beach
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••