Small plane crashes killing us

Small plane crashes killing us

Posted in the Daytona Beach Forum

Dragonfly Hummingbird

Oviedo, FL

#1 Jul 29, 2014
I am posting this after reading about another crash that left a small girl and her father dead. The pilot ditched his plane on the beach to save his ass and ended up killing the two on the ground. I am not a pilot, so I do not know why he chose to kill people on the ground over ditching in the ocean. This is the second incident involving beach landings in recent times. I am starting to think there are too many poorly maintained planes, ill trained pilots and just too many idiots flying around. They crash into houses and buildings killing people on the ground. You do have a reason to be afraid of these pilots. They are training, flying and crashing out of Daytona Beach at an alarming rate. Do we need to have these people terrorizing us? The FAA seems to investigate AFTER a crash, when it is all blood under the bridge.

http://foodfamilyfinds.com/kenmore-elite-31-c...
Dragonfly Hummingbird

Oviedo, FL

#2 Jul 29, 2014
http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/201... -

Sorry, about the wrong link. I was caught shopping.
arrrrgghh

Berea, KY

#3 Jul 31, 2014
Caught shopping???.... can see just how concerned you really are. Drama queen. Would it make you feel better if he crashed it into a daycare or housing tenement??? To try to preserve ones own life is human nature. It is too bad that people died, but unless you were in the pilots mind, you don't know the choice he made.
Dragonfly Hummingbird

Oviedo, FL

#4 Jul 31, 2014
You can use Google any day and find "small plane crashes". Seriously, it is epidemic.
Dragonfly Hummingbird

Oviedo, FL

#5 Jul 31, 2014
arrrrgghh wrote:
Caught shopping???.... can see just how concerned you really are. Drama queen. Would it make you feel better if he crashed it into a daycare or housing tenement??? To try to preserve ones own life is human nature. It is too bad that people died, but unless you were in the pilots mind, you don't know the choice he made.
"It is too bad that people died" is an insensitive way to describe the deaths of a US Army Sergeant and daughter. They are not just the collateral damage of a rich man's hobby.
hummingbirddraag onfly

Oviedo, FL

#6 Dec 9, 2014
http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/201...

Another Spruce Creek Fly-In pilot crashes. More collateral damage of a rich man's hobby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daytona Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Fox "THE CORRUPT PROSECUTOR" (Jun '13) 41 min Concerned Citizen 15
Review: Christ Team Thrift Store (Feb '09) Nov 28 Amen 3
Sun splash park Nov 27 Froggy 1
Caribbean Jacks, manager Ricky has to go (May '15) Nov 26 random 14
News Volusia beachside redevelopment committee brain... Nov 24 Joe 3
Tammy Betz (Feb '17) Nov 24 Hate bikers 3
kevin spacey ???? Nov 22 Joe 1

Daytona Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance