785 votes

Click on an option to vote

regina metts

jamie holloway

pam peavyhouse

The Rock

Lenoir City, TN

#41 Dec 10, 2009
I have yet to hear of a name that I would remotely consider voting for, other than Regina. Sick or not sick, if she can do the job then I encourage her to run. Larry Ballard as a clerk makes almost as much sense as George Thacker being a county executive. Apparently Thacker didn't learn much last time he ran. I think I'll start a George Thacker poll and see why people think he even wants to run. Could be be he needs another "tax deferment" for his multimillion dollar business adventure? All we need isn't it? Hell, may as well see if Bob Vincent will run for county executive.

Pam Peavyhouse? I know of her as everyone around here knows everyone else it seems. But why the sudden interest in being a circuit court clerk? Is it because Regina refuses to bow down to McKenzie and the other stooges and hire and fire who they want??? Does anyone think that Judge McKenzie not wants to be in charge of the courtroom but the courthouse as well? The circuit court clerk is elected just as he is and the clerk is not the piss bucket holder for a small lowest judicial level judge of a county. Maybe one of these other candidates would gladly hold the piss bucket for those bridge trolls.
dayton mtn

Chattanooga, TN

#42 Dec 20, 2009
Needs someone to work everday the courthouse is open. Hope Regina better!
JustDogs2them

United States

#43 Dec 21, 2009
Pam is running, that is a fact but we don't need her
JustDogs2them

United States

#44 Dec 21, 2009
even Regina turns a deaf ear to the corruption in this town, but she is not the only one, it is in every department on the 3 city blocks
JustDogs2them

United States

#45 Dec 21, 2009
As for George Thacker, he would try to bring jobs into this otherwise dead locked county, look around we do need more jobs
RCvoter

Lenoir City, TN

#46 Dec 22, 2009
JustDogs2them wrote:
Pam is running, that is a fact but we don't need her
Nor do we WANT her. Let her stay up there with her man buddies at 911 where she belongs.
RCvoter

Lenoir City, TN

#47 Dec 22, 2009
JustDogs2them wrote:
As for George Thacker, he would try to bring jobs into this otherwise dead locked county, look around we do need more jobs
George Thacker can't bring jobs here. He couldn't even start a business here withut convincing the county (illegal IDB) to waiver his taxes. So did he bring business to Rhea County? Sure he did. He gets to be landlord. So, Thacker is to Rhea County as Bob Vincent is to the city. Business is great so long it is their businesses. We lose, they win. Once you people realize this you will be better off.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48 Dec 22, 2009
Everyone talks a good game about needing change but you're all just spinning your wheels to really do anything to initiate change. Get to know Pam and you'll realize that she would be a great CCC.
SCF215

Lenoir City, TN

#49 Dec 22, 2009
Does Peepeehouse have any sort of specialized training or just good at doing as she's told? I know her very, very well since high school and didn't care much for her then. Doubt me? Her first motorcycle was a Suzuki 185. I remember the wild nights with the gals in her silver camaro the wild rides in the little Honda Civic, hey, I know her well. Is she nice? Sure she is nice. Every stranger that comes through this county marvel at how nice everyone is until they move her get entrenched and find out that the whole valley is filled with closed minded back stabbers.

Pam Peepeehouse is a nice MAN, I grant you that. But she is not her own man and will do what she always does and go right along to get along. She will be Judge McKenzie's personal slave and will do anything he says and not what she was elected to do. Answering a 911 phone, working at Dupont and a couple month stint as Dayton's first city cop doesn't qualify her for nothing but perhaps Shane's job up there at central dispatch. Even he wasn't qualified for that job going from a city cop to a director. Is there any wonder why this county is in such poor shape?
SCF215

Lenoir City, TN

#50 Dec 22, 2009
RCvoter wrote:
<quoted text>George Thacker can't bring jobs here. He couldn't even start a business here withut convincing the county (illegal IDB) to waiver his taxes. So did he bring business to Rhea County? Sure he did. He gets to be landlord. So, Thacker is to Rhea County as Bob Vincent is to the city. Business is great so long it is their businesses. We lose, they win. Once you people realize this you will be better off.
I never agreed with that tax thing just for Thacker either. It isn't the county taxpayers job to help certain people start a business. If that be the case, can I get some sort of tax break so i can start a fruit stand or something? Nahh, I'll just sit down at the courthouse and sell produce I buy at the Chattanooga Farmers Market causing traffic jams, safety hazards and best of all, not have to pay any tax on what I sell or on the profits I make!!!
Excellent

Ringgold, GA

#51 Jan 13, 2010
Regina hasn't worked in 4 years let alone the last 6 months.
Danzig

Adairsville, GA

#52 Jan 14, 2010
Larry Ballard!
not

Ringgold, GA

#53 Jan 14, 2010
Ballard shouldn't waste his dad's money.
what to know

AOL

#54 Jan 16, 2010
someone seems to know regina metts very well ,could these comments be coming from inside the courthouse
Doesnt Matter

Madisonville, TN

#55 Jan 19, 2010
I know Regina. I also know Regina has been through more than any of us can imagine. I also know Regina had much rather be physically performing the job for which she was elected but is unable to. I also know that Regina is hurting and the ones making the negative remarks are most likely feeling ok.I also know that Regina still has many that support her and pray for her each and every day. Why ? Because its the right thing to do when anyone is hurting.
Doesnt Matter

Madisonville, TN

#56 Jan 19, 2010
Cheryl Cashman, Lets add her to the Poll.
Tarnished

Ringgold, GA

#57 Jan 20, 2010
Cashman who in there right mind would vote for a Cashman. Cheryl Couldn't get elected dogcatcher.
June

Dayton, TN

#58 Jan 20, 2010
Doesnt Matter wrote:
I know Regina. I also know Regina has been through more than any of us can imagine. I also know Regina had much rather be physically performing the job for which she was elected but is unable to. I also know that Regina is hurting and the ones making the negative remarks are most likely feeling ok.I also know that Regina still has many that support her and pray for her each and every day. Why ? Because its the right thing to do when anyone is hurting.
Is it the right that she is drawing a pay check and staying home?
About $240.00 a day. Dont forget about all that money that is still uncollected. All of the employees in her office and the county covers for her. We will just hire a collection agency to do there job for them.

Herald-News 9/19/08

Rhea County Circuit Court Clerk Regina Metts will be seeking outside help to collect uncollected fines and court fees of $1.6 million owed to the county, various municipalities and the state.
At Tuesday's county commission meeting, County Attorney Carol Ann Barron said she, Rhea County Executive Billy Ray Patton and Metts met to discuss how best to collect the outstanding fines. Barron pointed out that any fines or costs more than six months outstanding may be up for bids to a collection agency or a collecting individual such as a local attorney.
According to Patton, many of these fines came from probation fines, moving violation fines, simple possession of marijuana fines and alcohol-related fines.
The $1.6 million has been accruing since around 2002, said Patton, and he believes the fines are "a little excessive" in comparison to fine estimates from surrounding counties. In Davidson County, second largest county in the state, for example, outstanding fines are about half the amount they are in Rhea County, Patton said Wednesday.
"This is money that the county sorely needs," said Patton. "We'll be able to collect some of it and some of it we won't."

How well is that going?

NOT TO GOOD!!
June

Dayton, TN

#59 Jan 20, 2010
Herald-News 12/12/08

Over $1 million in Rhea County Circuit Court fees remain uncollected two months after a collection agency won a bid to begin the process, but both the agency and county officials were unaware its services had fallen through the cracks.
Back in September, Circuit Court Clerk Regina Metts asked for assistance in collecting approximately $1.6 million in outstanding fines and court fees, which have been accruing since 2002. Unpaid fines that are six months outstanding may be collected by an agency, according to county attorney Carol Ann Barron.
On Oct. 15, the Rhea County Finance Committee awarded a bid to Accu-Check Collection Services in Winchester, Tenn., to collect the overdue fees.
Due to miscommunication between the finance department and Metts, Accu-Check was not notified that it had won the bid. As a result, for the last two months, the million-plus dollars in fees have not been collected.
"We have a lot of money to collect, and every day it's getting bigger and bigger, and it's getting harder and harder to [collect] it," commissioner John Mincy said at Tuesday's county workshop meeting.
Patton said the responsibility to inform contractors of winning bids lies with the respective department head, unless a bid is a purchase order. In this case, Metts should have notified the collection agency, he said. Metts, however, said she assumed the finance department would handle the notification.
"I've never had this happen before," Metts said Thursday.
When Patton spoke with a representative from Accu-Check on Wednesday, he was told the agency will still honor the bid, despite the time delay. Metts has already signed a contract for their work, and Accu-Check must now sign the contract before it can begin collecting fines, Patton said.

NOT MY JOB!!
Fear_Monger

Lenoir City, TN

#60 Jan 20, 2010
Regin'a last big hoorah should be to walk in HER elected office and FIRE every liar in there, every little cutie pie and every Jdge McKenzie spy in HER office. That would make an impact. FIRE EVERY SINGLE CLERK IN THAT OFFICE AND HIRE NEW ONES. A new clerk learning to do the job the RIGHT way is far better than idiots just repeating the same old WRONG way. Then again doing what's right is too damn hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is IAC Closing? 40 min Richard 12
W Troy Dodson 2 hr Lol 32
Erica, u dumbass 4 hr A real mom 20
Barbara Tickle (Jun '16) 4 hr A real mom 23
Hiring 6 hr Truth 3
Brittany Taylor and nick taylor 8 hr Red 5
Marilyn Black 10 hr On the look 22

Dayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance