A real-life tour of God's country
The good folk there were good to me
They never ever twigged
I was a cool zombie
Yeah!
cool man

Charleston, TN

#4 Feb 16, 2013
does anyone know who Ronnie B. on his harley was? I do remember that Adam Ant got marriage license here in Dayton(don't remember when though} saw that in a magazine-someone wondering just where the little town of Dayton was and of course the answer was "The scopes trial" which I think is great! Of course,the guy has lived all over the country,but to think he remembers US! yeah I am proud of our little town! also wonder if anyone knows where the A-frame he was taking about is or was? sounded like on the mountain maybe? just curious!
HEY

Chattanooga, TN

#5 Feb 16, 2013
That house was just off Fire Tower Road on Dayton Mountain, I do believe.
Brad at Main Stage

Dayton, TN

#6 Feb 16, 2013
"Ronnie B" was Ron Barker. He lived next door to Adam (Or Stuart). Adam gave Ron this super cool little Harley that was made in the 40s that he rode around on. Ron Passed away a few years ago, he did screen Printing and did our T-shirts one year and Introduced us to Adam. When He moved back to London in 05-06 he and his (then) wife Lorraine and 2 Kids came in and sold us a bunch of his guitars! It was cool to meet him and get the instruments for our store, He's just a normal lookin dude with a British Accent. I think it's cool that Adam had a great experience in this town. Its a neat piece of Dayton history IMO.
Coonfur

Lavinia, TN

#7 Feb 16, 2013
So did he move back to London? Or is he still up on the mountain?
Coonfur

Lavinia, TN

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Coonfur wrote:
So did he move back to London? Or is he still up on the mountain?
Never mind I just read the above post. Lol
cool man

Charleston, TN

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Brad at Main Stage wrote:
"Ronnie B" was Ron Barker. He lived next door to Adam (Or Stuart). Adam gave Ron this super cool little Harley that was made in the 40s that he rode around on. Ron Passed away a few years ago, he did screen Printing and did our T-shirts one year and Introduced us to Adam. When He moved back to London in 05-06 he and his (then) wife Lorraine and 2 Kids came in and sold us a bunch of his guitars! It was cool to meet him and get the instruments for our store, He's just a normal lookin dude with a British Accent. I think it's cool that Adam had a great experience in this town. Its a neat piece of Dayton history IMO.
so you still have his guitars? what happened to the harley,if you know?
zombie

Cleveland, TN

#10 Feb 16, 2013
The A-frame is located in ABC subdivision, near Wooden's Apple House.
billie

Lavinia, TN

#11 Feb 18, 2013
yeah the a frame is on a bluff looking down on the sharp curve coming up hy.30 its near paradice lake
I KNOW

Ringgold, GA

#12 Feb 18, 2013
you sure, Billie?
billie

Lavinia, TN

#13 Feb 19, 2013
yeah i am sure house is still there just drive around the back side of the lake and the road runs beside the bluff and its about half way up the road dont know the name of the road but guy who lived next door back in the 90s said adam ant was living there didnt really care then dont care now but if you want to check the house out its still there the only a frame on that road theres a small one as you turn off the road to go around paradice lake buts thats not it.
your mama

Lavinia, TN

#14 Feb 25, 2013
drove by that a frame it has a new house on the upper side of it anybody remeber the dude from blckpool u.k. who was running the crossroads market right were you turn in to go to wootens apple barn maybe that guy was one of adam ants family
Ant Person

Pleasureville, KY

#15 Apr 5, 2014
Dayton is a wonderful, beautiful place, and your preservation of its history is part of what makes it so special. The courthouse by the railroad tracks is a place that could have been easily "modernized" and crushed over with glass and steel. I am glad that you have kept the wood and brick. It is beautifully preserved. Just as a point of clarity, I do believe that the lyric is "For a time I lived in Tennessee / An Apprentice Hillbilly." Brilliant, perhaps, but the lyric is about learning a new way of life from those who knew it best and were kind enough to help begin the repair a damaged soul.

“Trust is earned!”

Since: Jan 12

B.C. MI... lives in dayton

#16 Apr 5, 2014
I'm sorry.... but that was a silly ass song
g man

Dayton, TN

#17 Apr 7, 2014
Never heard of the Ant man
knowitall

Sale Creek, TN

#18 Apr 8, 2014
sorry Billy Woods that you don't appreciate good music. go listen to some rap then,

“Trust is earned!”

Since: Jan 12

B.C. MI... lives in dayton

#19 Apr 10, 2014
knowitall wrote:
sorry Billy Woods that you don't appreciate good music. go listen to some rap then,
good music... hahaaaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Norris 9 min report 11
Jonathan green 23 min be carful 4
DYW....Rigged? 28 min howie feltersnatch 8
Felicia 6 hr Dave 25
Clark freeman (Jul '15) 11 hr Former friend 22
Retc director Dennis tumlin 15 hr Uguy 6
Stephanie mcmillon Davis Fri DTS 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dayton Mortgages