Created by politics on Jan 13, 2010

249 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

Top of the hill

Dayton, TN

#21 Feb 18, 2010
There is a deadline, I dont know what it is. I do know when you drive by most of the workers are not working. That has been going on for thirty plus years. Some of these workers have been working on Highway 27 for there entire career. People,that is a waste of our tax dollars. About a mile a year.If you brake it down to per-day it is 14.5 feet. I cant put that on Mr. Cobb. I can put it on Nashville as a whole.
critic

Seymour, TN

#22 Feb 18, 2010
If you blame it on "Nashville" i assume you are talking about the "legislature". If you can't blame problems on Cob who is YOUR legislative representative, and he IS what makes up "Nashville" in the context of how you describe it, then you make a pointless comment.

In other words, blame all the representatives in Nashville, just don't blame Jim Cobb. To me, that sounds like horse shit. Sorry that I am not an idiot that swallows spoon fed horse shit.
EX-Mayor

Chattanooga, TN

#24 Feb 19, 2010
He did have a very public meeting with TDOT at the Red Barn and stated that he promised the road would be a priority. There were plenty of folks there that heard the promise. If you dont have any influence over what can or cannot be done, how about staying out of the limelight and let the chips fall. He is a "camera hound" and that is it. I must say that is like most of our state and federal level politicians though. All bark, no bite.

Since: Mar 09

Rhea County, TN

#25 Feb 20, 2010
politico wrote:
The "Audio Device" was nothing more than a prank played on a colleague. get over it, it has nothing to do with his ability to represent the 31st district. Rep. Cobb has done an outstanding job as our representative, I can hardly complain. you guys need lives. You are nothing more than pathetic political "huckrakers" who want nothing more than to stir up trouble. You need to educate yourselves a bit more instead of gossiping.
Hey Politico I think if you will ask around you will find that the fine representive of the 31st district put the tape recorder there to listen in on the conversations of the secretaries and assistants wanting to know what they were reporting back to people on his actual work in Nashville until resent has been a big ZILCH. he is finding out that it takes more than just going to nashville to be a representative

Rhea County, TN

#26 Feb 20, 2010
EX-Mayor wrote:
He did have a very public meeting with TDOT at the Red Barn and stated that he promised the road would be a priority. There were plenty of folks there that heard the promise. If you dont have any influence over what can or cannot be done, how about staying out of the limelight and let the chips fall. He is a "camera hound" and that is it. I must say that is like most of our state and federal level politicians though. All bark, no bite.
Mayor I believe that were finding the TVA trained Cobb is a master of the Dog and Pony Show. He did that on the road, the property tax assesments, and now he brought in the TBI director to show hes really connected. What folks dont know is Mark Gwenn use to work in Dayton back when Oster was here..he worked on aline and as an ex assistant.
Clueless

Covington, LA

#27 Feb 20, 2010
john wrote:
Sneed pays $100. Neal pays $50. Larry B. will wash your car.
where can i find larry b? I gots 3 vehicles that need washing really bad. lol
news junkie

Seymour, TN

#28 Feb 21, 2010
critic wrote:
If you blame it on "Nashville" i assume you are talking about the "legislature". If you can't blame problems on Cob who is YOUR legislative representative, and he IS what makes up "Nashville" in the context of how you describe it, then you make a pointless comment.
In other words, blame all the representatives in Nashville, just don't blame Jim Cobb. To me, that sounds like horse shit. Sorry that I am not an idiot that swallows spoon fed horse shit.
I thought he was our representative from this area. I thought he was our Rep IN Nashville for our area, isn't that why he is our rep, because he is from here? Hmmmm
Top of the hill

Dayton, TN

#29 Feb 22, 2010
No for the last thirdy five years!
maggie

Chattanooga, TN

#30 Feb 22, 2010
john wrote:
Sneed pays $100. Neal pays $50. Larry B. will wash your car.
You mean larry ballard will STEAL your car, or set it on fire, etc etc

Since: Feb 10

United States

#31 Feb 23, 2010
Sounds like Jim needs to retire already. Done got fat and lazy in Nashville.

Since: Feb 10

Shelbyville, TN

#32 Feb 25, 2010
I Like Jim. He seems like a great State Representative. The only thing i don't like is the evesdropping. But we all make mistakes.
Representative of what

Seymour, TN

#33 Feb 25, 2010
For those that get on here and say, "I like Jim". That is very sweet and peachy. I like lots of people but I don't trust lots of people. Are we going to re-elect or elect someone on because "he's a nice guy"? If so, we all are already screwed and for the folls that blindly ignored the signs they are screwed even more.

So, instead of saying how fat, how jolly or how "likable" Jim Cobb is, I challenge each of you to state one thing he has done for YOU or some sort of proactive legislation that has helped YOU. I can't recall a single Bill he has introduced or supported that helped anyone in my class brackett. Illegal tape recorders and a mini state level Watergate scandle that is unabated due to a total broken system are the core problems but the problems stem from those that create the problems. Enlighten me as to what YOUR state rep. has done for YOU lately. I'll be patiently awaiting...
Corey Lester

Chattanooga, TN

#34 Feb 26, 2010
Please someone just tell me where he voted that you didn't agree...aside from his persona; life which seems to be all too famous on these stupid blogs.. let's look at what REALLY matters. How did he vote? I bet you don't have a clue, you're too busy slinging mud and stirring up trouble. Grow up a little, check his record, then dicuss his job performance, not wether he's nice or not. I know a bunch of butt hole politicians that are honest representatives. Specifics please....( let's try to stay away from the recorder thing, it was a practical joke)

Rhea County, TN

#35 Feb 26, 2010
Corey Lester wrote:
Please someone just tell me where he voted that you didn't agree...aside from his persona; life which seems to be all too famous on these stupid blogs.. let's look at what REALLY matters. How did he vote? I bet you don't have a clue, you're too busy slinging mud and stirring up trouble. Grow up a little, check his record, then dicuss his job performance, not wether he's nice or not. I know a bunch of butt hole politicians that are honest representatives. Specifics please....( let's try to stay away from the recorder thing, it was a practical joke)
Oh you must be one of the brainwashed Cobb supporters that listens to him pontificate of how hard he has worked and what he has done. You really dont want anyone spouting specifics on Jim cause when they do its going to show that he really doesnt belong anywhere but retired.
Jim has become a better representative than he was when he first started and if he continues he will be a better one as the days go by. But to reply," I didnt know what was in the bill" when he voted for it does kinda show that he was just going with the flow. He still lacks the ability to get the right questions on the topics but he is working at it. If you really want to see Jim in action go to http://www.legislature.state.tn.us and watch the live feeds. Then you will know what kinda guy jim really is.
If he was anything of a representative like some of our former ones that we have had, instead of having get to gethers at the Red Barn He would be camped out in TDOTs office wanting to know why they are not doing anything on finishing up 27. But the TVA trained master of the dog and pony show is just doing what he knows how to do. Nothing

Rhea County, TN

#36 Feb 26, 2010
Corey Lester wrote:
. Specifics please....( let's try to stay away from the recorder thing, it was a practical joke)
No Corey it was not a pratical joke. It was the sign of a paranoid person wanting to know what was being said about him when he was not in the office. The investigation was not done completely cause they really had more important things to work on. Which I can understand. Our criminal justice system is clogged with real criminals that do need prosecution.

Rhea County, TN

#37 Feb 26, 2010
Representative of what wrote:
For those that get on here and say, "I like Jim". That is very sweet and peachy. I like lots of people but I don't trust lots of people. Are we going to re-elect or elect someone on because "he's a nice guy"? If so, we all are already screwed and for the folls that blindly ignored the signs they are screwed even more.
So, instead of saying how fat, how jolly or how "likable" Jim Cobb is, I challenge each of you to state one thing he has done for YOU or some sort of proactive legislation that has helped YOU. I can't recall a single Bill he has introduced or supported that helped anyone in my class brackett. Illegal tape recorders and a mini state level Watergate scandle that is unabated due to a total broken system are the core problems but the problems stem from those that create the problems. Enlighten me as to what YOUR state rep. has done for YOU lately. I'll be patiently awaiting...
Amen Brother. That is the real test of how a representative is doing
dogboy

Chattanooga, TN

#38 Mar 15, 2010
I like Jim Cobb.
jbj

Walnut, CA

#39 Mar 15, 2010
me don't
Michael W

Seymour, TN

#40 Mar 15, 2010
Jim Cobb is a nice man. But most everyone you meet around this little southern county are "nice". Let me clarify that, people around here give a real good appearence of being nice. The Jim Cobb I know of is a control freak and if he had one wish he would wish to be governor. Cobb taped a tape recorder under a desk of a state employee at the capital building to ease drop on what was being said. Had he done this in a federal building then he would be no different than a spy. What he did was clearly against the law and violated the wireless communication act not to mention invasion of privacy. When he got caught all he could do is have his face turn red and act like it was just one big joke. It wasn't even April Fool's Day when he did it. He is a liar and he was able to do what drunk judges driving, wife beater cops and any other person in some sort of public official capacity...HE GOT AWAW WITH IT. The issue should be pressed and embarrass and expose this man for what he really is. He had it made at TVA and his wife had it made at the Postal Service. They each had cushie federal jobs and each gave it all up for the meager pay of a state representative. Was the sacrifice in pay for the public good or was it to get inside the door of having some sort of power?
Sadly for him, the only power anyone has over anyone else is only to the extent we allow it. Prisons are full of such people both good and bad. I will do all I can to help whoever runs against this "nice guy" who is only nice when he is around people that might be able to benefit him. He is the very type of politician that has gotten us all in this mess and they all need to be replaced.
ISERVED4U

Viola, TN

#41 Mar 16, 2010
dogboy wrote:
I like Jim Cobb.
Mee toooo he has GOOD WEED & some of the best Shine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Petition to bring back KFC 2 hr FOR REAL 5
Jesse smith 24 6 hr Haha 2
meth dealers ruining families 10 hr Jackie sligh Morgan 10
Felicia Goins 10 hr Harry Pothead 55
Brittany Taylor 10 hr Red 10
Casey Pelfrey 10 hr truthspeaker18 8
Is Joe cox saleing ice out of his mom's house 12 hr Rhea Ray 7

Dayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance