why did dakota eldridge try kill his baby?

Posted in the Dayton Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
crazyone

AOL

#1 Jun 4, 2011
does any one have any idea
comment

AOL

#2 Jun 4, 2011
i saw it on abc news. its a shame why many parents try to kill their kids.if u dont wont kids . go get urself fixed. male or female. if u have kids and dont wont them. theres ways to give them a home. that will raise the kids the proper way. just dont bring a child into the world . only to try and kill the child. remember the child had no choice. was the mom and dad that created the child. show some true morals and stop being a murderer. or trying to kill ur own child.
ABC123

Dayton, TN

#3 Jun 4, 2011
That SORRY A$$ POS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN TO THE WOOD SHED AND LEFT THERE :) Cops should have TUNED HIM UP :)
word

Cleveland, TN

#4 Jun 4, 2011
he supposedly has tried to kill himself 2 or 3 times in the past.
morgaine

United States

#5 Jun 5, 2011
It's sad. There are so many couples that would love to adopt a baby. He comes from a good family too, so I am sure his parents are upset as well.
Whats up

United States

#6 Jun 5, 2011
morgaine wrote:
It's sad. There are so many couples that would love to adopt a baby. He comes from a good family too, so I am sure his parents are upset as well.
I do not know this person but wondering what happened.
fact

Cleveland, TN

#7 Jun 6, 2011
he tried to smother his 10 week old baby to death in Erlanger hospital and got caught ,he's now in jail under a 1.2 million dollar bond for attempted first degree murder and aggravated child abuse .
HS Associate

United States

#8 Jun 6, 2011
ABC123 wrote:
That SORRY A$$ POS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN TO THE WOOD SHED AND LEFT THERE :) Cops should have TUNED HIM UP :)
If you knew what happened to him as a boy you would understand a lil about what's wrong with him. His mother used to hook him up to wires and give him shock treatments for punishment. She did much worse than that too. That being said, he knew he couldnt handle the stress of a baby, and he even told his many many girlfriends that. But these girls just go for the pretty bos and dont care. I knew one girl who begged him to get her pregnant, bet she's counting her blessings now.

Im not saying what he did is excusable, but an insanity defense would very likely not only be a way out, but probably is true.
fact

Cleveland, TN

#9 Jun 6, 2011
did you SEE his mother giving him shock treatments or is this another rumor?
bad

AOL

#10 Jun 6, 2011
i will say i do know him. also know the family that raised him. he has had problems for along time. yet i say he did this to his child he deserves what he gets. if you check further into his history itll show. he tried to kill parents that raised him. since he does these things he needs to be placed somewheres and not be around the public life . sorry thats way i feel about him or anyone that does this type of crime
bad

AOL

#11 Jun 6, 2011
also one used to be probation officer with the teenagers. at the highschool. this man is a good person. i say he is upset about this.
HS associate

United States

#12 Jun 6, 2011
bad wrote:
i will say i do know him. also know the family that raised him. he has had problems for along time. yet i say he did this to his child he deserves what he gets. if you check further into his history itll show. he tried to kill parents that raised him. since he does these things he needs to be placed somewheres and not be around the public life . sorry thats way i feel about him or anyone that does this type of crime
I only know what he claimed to have happened, trur or not it was clear to me he believed it to be true. If it's not that even deepens the depth of his mental illness. I believe bad events c in our childhood cause damage, but it doesnt excuse his actions. Just because you wer abused doesn't give you the right to abuse. I agree he needs to be locked deep away, i think the risk of suicide is high, and the mental illness manifests itself in self abusive and ouwarf abusive tendencies and the traditional criminal system will only make him more damgerous. Especially considering how young he is, 30 years isnt enough time. It should be much longer, so he's too old to father again.
Eeek

Sale Creek, TN

#13 Jun 6, 2011
He has always been.. I don't want to say "weird," but very offbeat in a bad way. He was the type that acted like the world owed him something and that he was hot shit. It's a sad thing for a person to be ruined because of abuse as a child (if it even happened to begin with.. I do not know what is true and not true about that) but there he was, continuing the alleged cycle of abuse. Every person has the chance to be who they want to be and make changes for the better, so I really don't feel sorry for him.
Not to mention that he has another child by a different girl. He said that she roofied him and took advantage of him while he was passed out and that's how the first child came to be. Two children at 19.. doesn't this say something about the sex ed programs at the high school? Shouldn't we be teaching our kids how to have SAFE SEX, rather than bringing in the holier-than-thou abstinence crew that nobody listens to?
jusme

Beechgrove, TN

#14 Jun 6, 2011
HS Associate wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew what happened to him as a boy you would understand a lil about what's wrong with him. His mother used to hook him up to wires and give him shock treatments for punishment. She did much worse than that too. That being said, he knew he couldnt handle the stress of a baby, and he even told his many many girlfriends that. But these girls just go for the pretty bos and dont care. I knew one girl who begged him to get her pregnant, bet she's counting her blessings now.
Im not saying what he did is excusable, but an insanity defense would very likely not only be a way out, but probably is true.
If he had informed all his girlfriends he couldn't handle the stress of a baby, why exactly did he beg this baby's mother for a second chance and a chance to meet his son?? Why was he trying to talk her into having another baby when this happened? You may think you know him and you probably do better than I do, but you apparently aren't clear on both sides of the story.
Brianna

Dayton, TN

#15 Jun 6, 2011
jusme wrote:
<quoted text>If he had informed all his girlfriends he couldn't handle the stress of a baby, why exactly did he beg this baby's mother for a second chance and a chance to meet his son?? Why was he trying to talk her into having another baby when this happened? You may think you know him and you probably do better than I do, but you apparently aren't clear on both sides of the story.
Definitely true, but when it came to Dakota I dont think he ever told the truth.
jusme

Beechgrove, TN

#16 Jun 7, 2011
Brianna wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely true, but when it came to Dakota I dont think he ever told the truth.
agreed. 100%.
jusme

Beechgrove, TN

#17 Jun 7, 2011
ok. Dakota did NOT tell all this to me or I would have made the smart choice and dumped his ass like a hot potato and none of this would have happened. I find it very convenient that he so cleverly hid all his problems from the people he was living with. Problems that could have given us some sign that he could have done something like this. He told the detective he was terrified to be alone with his son. Why the hell could he not have told the family of the child or even his own family which was at the hospital every chance they got? It was all hidden quite well by him and therefore it was not done because of a mental illness which would make him now know what he was doing to the little boy. Dakota never told the truth to or about anyone. If he didn't want children, why the hell was he trying to get me pregnant again? yes, he's weird and in a VERY bad way. I know he was abused as a child, but it's a conscious decision you have to make on your own. No, I don't think he woke up one day and said "hey I think I'll try to kill my son today" but I also don't think he was unaware of what he was doing. The man loves attention and loves to look like the hero.
jamie

Cleveland, TN

#18 Jun 7, 2011
HS Associate wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what he went through as a kid there is no excuse for what he did to that baby
careful

United States

#19 Jun 7, 2011
jusme wrote:
ok. Dakota did NOT tell all this to me or I would have made the smart choice and dumped his ass like a hot potato and none of this would have happened. I find it very convenient that he so cleverly hid all his problems from the people he was living with. Problems that could have given us some sign that he could have done something like this. He told the detective he was terrified to be alone with his son. Why the hell could he not have told the family of the child or even his own family which was at the hospital every chance they got? It was all hidden quite well by him and therefore it was not done because of a mental illness which would make him now know what he was doing to the little boy. Dakota never told the truth to or about anyone. If he didn't want children, why the hell was he trying to get me pregnant again? yes, he's weird and in a VERY bad way. I know he was abused as a child, but it's a conscious decision you have to make on your own. No, I don't think he woke up one day and said "hey I think I'll try to kill my son today" but I also don't think he was unaware of what he was doing. The man loves attention and loves to look like the hero.
Dont post details about the case it could be used by defense to get him free. Im praying for you
Brittany

Cleveland, TN

#20 Jun 7, 2011
HS Associate wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that, i went to school with the freak, he needs to have the crap knocked outta him, ive never had a good feeling about him, just being near him would make me sick the feelings were so strong so go ahead and defend him, but he needs to have his balls cut off where he cant have a chance of harming anymore children

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 20 min wowie 152,171
methheads in rhea county 6 hr Goat 17
Wonder how 7 hr amazed 3
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr TheRealZeke 8,643
What is being built beside mcdonalds 7 hr amazed 42
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 12 hr ytrewq 9,474
dayton needs decent bar 23 hr Nosey 3

Dayton Jobs

Dayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dayton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dayton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]