First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Aug 23, 2012
And, how do you determine when an abortion is okay when a mother's life is in danger? First of all, the mother's life is always in some danger during a pregnancy and childbirth. But, is abortion okay if there is a 20 percent chance the mother will die?; or is is 30 percent?; or 50 percent?; or 75 percent? Where do you make that call? It isn't a black and white subject like so many non-thinkers say.
Michelle

Cleveland, TN

#3 Aug 23, 2012
Mike wrote:
And, how do you determine when an abortion is okay when a mother's life is in danger? First of all, the mother's life is always in some danger during a pregnancy and childbirth. But, is abortion okay if there is a 20 percent chance the mother will die?; or is is 30 percent?; or 50 percent?; or 75 percent? Where do you make that call? It isn't a black and white subject like so many non-thinkers say.
One thing you do not do is redefine the definition of "rape". All women need are more of these rich, white Romney sorts that think of no one but their particular class of people all the while oppressing women. If I am raped by some escaped mentally ill patient and get pregnant I do not want to be forced to bear that child just because a group of Christians, Mormons, Jews or the like pretend as if they believe in life but all to eager to send those babies off to war once they make it to 18 years of age. It's time women took a stand or sit down and be the servants of our masters like our grandmothers were before us. I can't vote for Romney and besides, this republican-democrat party crap is what got us into all this.
cindy

Chattanooga, TN

#4 Aug 23, 2012
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>One thing you do not do is redefine the definition of "rape". All women need are more of these rich, white Romney sorts that think of no one but their particular class of people all the while oppressing women. If I am raped by some escaped mentally ill patient and get pregnant I do not want to be forced to bear that child just because a group of Christians, Mormons, Jews or the like pretend as if they believe in life but all to eager to send those babies off to war once they make it to 18 years of age. It's time women took a stand or sit down and be the servants of our masters like our grandmothers were before us. I can't vote for Romney and besides, this republican-democrat party crap is what got us into all this.
Go ahead.Vote for the commie black guy.
Joanie

Dayton, TN

#5 Aug 23, 2012
How ignorant and mean you must be Cindy.

The "Rape" comment sums up what old white republican men feel about women. That Rape is our fault, and we cannot make decisions regarding our own bodies because we are emotional women.

Same story as 50 years ago.
Diana

Cleveland, TN

#6 Aug 23, 2012
cindy wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead.Vote for the commie black guy.
So I suppose you are going to vote for the likes of men in the 1800s who owned slave women and it was not a crime to rape them and since they became pregnant, candidates like the ones you would apparently vote for would not consider it a legitimate rape, but the babies were not accepted by society because of being of the mulatto race (mixed black and white). I will vote for someone based on Human Rights, especially for women. If you indeed are a woman, you are not helping your gender with your incredibly ignorant opinion, but it is your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it. You must be perfectly fine with speaking only when spoken to as long as your rich white man takes care of your worldly needs. I will not vote for a man who would hide his wife away to protect her and throw the rest of the women outside of their socioeconomic class to the rapists.

“Making paper Spending coins”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Aug 23, 2012
Diana wrote:
<quoted text>So I suppose you are going to vote for the likes of men in the 1800s who owned slave women and it was not a crime to rape them and since they became pregnant, candidates like the ones you would apparently vote for would not consider it a legitimate rape, but the babies were not accepted by society because of being of the mulatto race (mixed black and white). I will vote for someone based on Human Rights, especially for women. If you indeed are a woman, you are not helping your gender with your incredibly ignorant opinion, but it is your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it. You must be perfectly fine with speaking only when spoken to as long as your rich white man takes care of your worldly needs. I will not vote for a man who would hide his wife away to protect her and throw the rest of the women outside of their socioeconomic class to the rapists.
I have nieces and nephews of mixed races. I'm a white 46yo republican and I date women of color. And my momma taught me to speak when spoken too as well as other manners. I never hid my wife away from the world although their were times we would have loved to hide from it together. And I can't think of anyone who has ever been thrown to the rapist, only thrown to the lions.
wow

Georgetown, TN

#9 Aug 23, 2012
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>One thing you do not do is redefine the definition of "rape". All women need are more of these rich, white Romney sorts that think of no one but their particular class of people all the while oppressing women. If I am raped by some escaped mentally ill patient and get pregnant I do not want to be forced to bear that child just because a group of Christians, Mormons, Jews or the like pretend as if they believe in life but all to eager to send those babies off to war once they make it to 18 years of age. It's time women took a stand or sit down and be the servants of our masters like our grandmothers were before us. I can't vote for Romney and besides, this republican-democrat party crap is what got us into all this.
If someone were raped and got pregnant, is it the child's fault?? No so why would you kill it. Yes it would be a horrific and very difficult situation to go through, but I am a strong believer that no one should hate a child even before it is born just because of who its parents are. If I were ever in that situation, I would probably give the child up for adoption. That way You would not have to see the child that is the offspring of someone that hurt you, but the child would not be killed and someone that desperately wants a child would be able to have one.

If you can justify killing a child because it is a reminder of someone that hurt you then that opens up room for more... does that make it ok to kill a child because the father left you or cheated on you? WHat if the father hit you? What if the father was a drug addict? Would it be ok then since he hurt you and the child will be a reminder? Where do you draw the line?

And while I don't believe in any possible way that rape is in any way the women's fault in any case, women can fake it and you can't really prove it one way or the other. I know of a girl that claims she's raped by EVERY man she dates. Is she really? NO! If abortion was only allowed to women who had been raped that opens up the door for anyone to call rape in order to get an abortion. And you know in the crazy world we live in there would be people doing that out of desperation.

Here's a scenario for you. A little 16 yr old girl gets pregnant by some guy that claims he loves her and she thinks she's in love too. He leaves when she finds out she's pregnant. She can't tell her parents because she know they will be furious. She has no one to turn to. The only way she can get an abortion is to say she was raped. She is desperate. What do you think she would do?

And before anyone judges me for being against abortion... I AM A WOMAN AND I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN!

There is a difference between freedom and anarchy.
wow

Georgetown, TN

#10 Aug 23, 2012
Also, Everyone is saying "stand up for women's rights" or " they want to oppress women". IF you are the kind of person that would kill a child, you don't deserve any more rights than any other murderer out there. If you feel that babies or not living until they are born or that women should have the right to kill there child before it is born, think about this... COuld you have aborted your children?

AND what about the father's rights??? DO only women deserve them? I knew a boy in high school who's girlfriend had gotten pregnant. HE was excited, she was not. She aborted it. I had never seen the guy without a smile on his face until that day. He was completely devastated for a very long time. HE was never the same after that. Even if she did not want that baby, he did. He didn't have a choice though.
wow indeed

Cleveland, TN

#11 Aug 23, 2012
In other words, a woman can get raped by a serial killer and you expect a woman to give birth to that baby then GIVE it away for someone else to raise. Let me guess, you love babies because babies means more food stamps or maybe you run a foster home filled with neglected kids that you get a state check from each child. Had Hitler's mother aborted him then millions of jews would have never perished. Why the big fuss over a baby having the right to live but the woman doesn't have any right to abort or deliver due only to other people's moral or religious belief?

I do not drink beer so I vote we shut all beer joints down. I do not like working, paying taxes to feed poor people so let's let them starve. I hate fat people so I vote we do away with "all you can eat buffets". I love sex so let's legalize prostitution. Freddie Kruger the character on Nightmare on Elm Street was the bastard child of 100 crazy men and his mother was a nun.

Still believe in every organism has a right to anything that isn't self supporting of life to begin with? Maybe we need to do as the Spartans of long ago did, any deformalities in a child born were tossed off a cliff. If that were true here today the census count in this county would be less than 1,000 people, if that LMAO

If I get raped by my grand paw and get pregnant I will pay someone to stomp it out of me or call you up so YOU can adopt and raise something born of incest. Now be sure and go to church now for your weekly blessing.
wow indeed

Cleveland, TN

#12 Aug 23, 2012
wow wrote:
Also, Everyone is saying "stand up for women's rights" or " they want to oppress women". IF you are the kind of person that would kill a child, you don't deserve any more rights than any other murderer out there. If you feel that babies or not living until they are born or that women should have the right to kill there child before it is born, think about this... COuld you have aborted your children?
AND what about the father's rights??? DO only women deserve them? I knew a boy in high school who's girlfriend had gotten pregnant. HE was excited, she was not. She aborted it. I had never seen the guy without a smile on his face until that day. He was completely devastated for a very long time. HE was never the same after that. Even if she did not want that baby, he did. He didn't have a choice though.
Tell your boy to keep his pants zipped up and you don't have to worry about that anymore. I bet your boy was happy being in school, no job and welfare and foodstamps on his mind, just like his mammy LMAO.
wow

Georgetown, TN

#13 Aug 23, 2012
wow indeed wrote:
In other words, a woman can get raped by a serial killer and you expect a woman to give birth to that baby then GIVE it away for someone else to raise. Let me guess, you love babies because babies means more food stamps or maybe you run a foster home filled with neglected kids that you get a state check from each child. Had Hitler's mother aborted him then millions of jews would have never perished. Why the big fuss over a baby having the right to live but the woman doesn't have any right to abort or deliver due only to other people's moral or religious belief?
I do not drink beer so I vote we shut all beer joints down. I do not like working, paying taxes to feed poor people so let's let them starve. I hate fat people so I vote we do away with "all you can eat buffets". I love sex so let's legalize prostitution. Freddie Kruger the character on Nightmare on Elm Street was the bastard child of 100 crazy men and his mother was a nun.
Still believe in every organism has a right to anything that isn't self supporting of life to begin with? Maybe we need to do as the Spartans of long ago did, any deformalities in a child born were tossed off a cliff. If that were true here today the census count in this county would be less than 1,000 people, if that LMAO
If I get raped by my grand paw and get pregnant I will pay someone to stomp it out of me or call you up so YOU can adopt and raise something born of incest. Now be sure and go to church now for your weekly blessing.
This is where you are wrong. I am not on welfare, food stamps, disability, or anything of that nature. I work for everything I have. And I don't have any kids, not a single one. Because guess what, I have enough sense to not get pregnant if a child is not something I am ready for. However if I did get pregnant, I would raise my child with a ton of love and they would have everything they need. EVEN if the timing was the best for me, they would never suffer because of it.

there are a ton of people out there that do not blame an innocent child for the mistakes of there parents and would love to have a child no matter who's DNA it had. Are you exactly like your parents?? probably not, so how would you feel if someone wanted thought you should be put to death because of who your parents are.
DO you have children?? would you be ok if someone killed your child because they feel like you did them wrong?? Don't think so. Think about that.
wow

Georgetown, TN

#14 Aug 23, 2012
wow indeed wrote:
<quoted text>Tell your boy to keep his pants zipped up and you don't have to worry about that anymore. I bet your boy was happy being in school, no job and welfare and foodstamps on his mind, just like his mammy LMAO.
I'm sure you have no idea what you are talking about. He's a relative of mine, hunny. He was a teen at the time. She was his first love. And as far as welfare goes, he's a hard-working person with a good job and an education like everyone else in my family. You keep mentioning welfare in these posts so it seems to me that you are the one always thinking about welfare.
If could have raised that baby well, but he never had the choice.

Are women the only ones allowed to have rights??
Just Saying

Georgetown, TN

#15 Aug 23, 2012
Since life begins at conception, abortion is akin to murder as it is the act of taking human life. Abortion is in direct defiance of the commonly accepted idea of the sanctity of human life
No civilized society permits one human to intentionally harm or take the life of another human without punishment, and abortion is no different.

Adoption is a viable alternative to abortion and accomplishes the same result. And with 1.5 million American families wanting to adopt a child, there is no such thing as an unwanted child.

An abortion can result in medical complications later in life; the risk of ectopic pregnancies doubles, and the chance of a miscarriage and pelvic inflammatory disease also increases.

In the instance of rape and incest, proper medical care can ensure that a woman will not get pregnant. Abortion punishes the unborn child who committed no crime; instead, it is the perpetrator who should be punished.

Abortion should not be used as another form of contraception.

For women who demand complete control of their body, control should include preventing the risk of unwanted pregnancy through the responsible use of contraception or, if that is not possible, through abstinence.

Many Americans who pay taxes are opposed to abortion, therefore it's morally wrong to use tax dollars to fund abortion.

Those who choose abortions are often minors or young women with insufficient life experience to understand fully what they are doing. Many have lifelong regrets afterwards.

Abortion frequently causes intense psychological pain and stress.

Why is it when someone wants a law changed they always say it affects the children, But when it comes to abortion the child doesn't matter?

C'mon Woman why are your right more important than the helpless child you so eagerly destroy to accommodate your interests.
yep

United States

#16 Aug 23, 2012
I have & will always think of abortion as murder. But, I don't have the right to tell you or any other woman, that she can't abort.Like I said to me it's murder, but there are reasons to abort, & that I understand. But, God won't when it's judgment day. I have a friend, her Dr. told her 30yrs ago, there were some things wrong with her, & that she ran the risk of 50-50, that the child would be born mentaly retarded. She ask me what would I do. I said never mind what I'd do, but I know what you won't do. We were in our 20's & married, but we had been church going girls for a long time, I knew there was no way she'd abort.I talked to her just before she died & said, "Look what we would have missed out on, if you had aborted" The child had just graduated from college, with a nursing degree. Is now a RN. Her mom would have been so proud, cause she's trying her hand at collge to become a Peditrician. So, she wasn't retarded,& had my friend had aborted her, we'd have one less nurse or baby dr.
Just Saying

Georgetown, TN

#17 Aug 23, 2012
Some woman are very selfish and think only of themselves. The same type of woman doesn't want a husband either because of their selfishness.
annoyed

Georgetown, TN

#19 Aug 23, 2012
I just don't understand how people can think they should have the right to abort... and to those people, I want to ask this: Should people have the right to murder people?

Abortion is murder:plain and simple. You are ending the life of a living organism. The only difference is that the baby is still in the womb and you are not.

And to the person that said if Hilter had been aborted so many people would not have died: Do you realize how ignorant that is? No one had any way of knowing how that was going to turn out. If the possibility that any given person could turn out to be so evil and twisted made it ok to abort then everyone should be aborted right, because anyone has the possibility of turning out that way. Look at all the shootings lately. No one sees those coming. So since any given person could potentially turn out to be a killer it is ok to kill them? That is just completely ignorant.
pondering

United States

#20 Aug 23, 2012
What gives anyone the right to tell someone what they can and can not do with their own body?

What gives a person the ability to pass judgement on another person and the choices they make?

What happened to compassion for your fellow man, did it just become easier to cast the first stone?

Would it be easier for pro-lifers to just strap a women down to a table and hook her up to iv's and feeding tubes for 9 months and force her to give birth to an unwanted child while forgoing her rights as a woman?
annoyed

Georgetown, TN

#21 Aug 24, 2012
pondering wrote:
What gives anyone the right to tell someone what they can and can not do with their own body?
What gives a person the ability to pass judgement on another person and the choices they make?
What happened to compassion for your fellow man, did it just become easier to cast the first stone?
Would it be easier for pro-lifers to just strap a women down to a table and hook her up to iv's and feeding tubes for 9 months and force her to give birth to an unwanted child while forgoing her rights as a woman?
If it were just their body that they were effecting than they can do as they please. However they are not just effecting themselves, but also effecting a defenseless and innocent child. In many situations they are effecting the father as well. But no one ever thinks of that. All anyone thinks about is the women that thought she was mature enough to have sex and doesn't want to deal with the aftereffects of that. I am a women and I believe in freedom, but NO ONE should have the freedom to kill anyone.
pondering

United States

#22 Aug 24, 2012
annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>If it were just their body that they were effecting than they can do as they please. However they are not just effecting themselves, but also effecting a defenseless and innocent child. In many situations they are effecting the father as well. But no one ever thinks of that. All anyone thinks about is the women that thought she was mature enough to have sex and doesn't want to deal with the aftereffects of that. I am a women and I believe in freedom, but NO ONE should have the freedom to kill anyone.
What about rape and incest? What about accidental, meaning that precautions were taken such as birth control devices but still a pregnancy occurred? What about people just minding their own business?
Just Saying

Georgetown, TN

#23 Aug 24, 2012
Why do women that want to have abortions always run to rape as a defence? We're not talking about rape and are not going to let rape blur the discussion. This Topic is about abortion Right or Wrong. You woman want to have more rights than people. What if a man wanted the woman to have an abortion just because he doesn't want the child to affect his financial situation should he have a choice to pay or not without it affecting him? Don't be so self centered. When you get pregnant....IT AIN'T ABOUT YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You people 3 hr fuhkacuck 3
Donald Trump: love him or hate him? 13 hr T3HMa77d 6
Jeannie Moore Thu Just saying 25
Trump should never be president Jan 18 King Boozy 16
Old Goodmans building Jan 18 fred gilley 5
Building across from hospital Jan 17 FYI 2
Rena anderson Jan 17 Want her 1

Dayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dayton Mortgages