WORD AROUND TOWN (unedited) Sneed for Sheriff

Posted in the Dayton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Say What

Sevierville, TN

#1 Nov 16, 2009
Here is a place that can serve as an unedited "word around town". If Mike Sneed wants to run for public office then he should have the balls to face adverse opinions. His selected "word around town" has him sounding like he was born in the Jesus Christ bloodline. Sorry, I don't buy into it. I think the website is not indicative of the "word around town". One thing for sure, it sure isn't the "word around town" I've heard. Maybe we are talking about 2 different towns like Dayton and Loonieville, who knows.

The word I've been hearing around town is we don't need another Greedy Sneedy anywhere near the public money coffers. Such thinking to the contrary would make as much sense as placing Count Dracula in charge of the Red Cross blood drives. So place you WORD AROUND TOWN here so it is instant, it is not mediated, controled, censured or deleted. My guess is the real word around town is they are only a handful supporting this guy as indicated in something as mundaine as the topix poll where Sneed is losing 3 to 1.

There's my word around town.
Say What

Sevierville, TN

#2 Nov 16, 2009

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 16, 2009
I was reading the names of his supporters. Ballard; where have I heard that name before?
ChaChing

AOL

#4 Nov 16, 2009
The topix poll is CRAP! Everyone knows one or two people can vote,and vote and vote.It is frickin' meaningless.
Me_Myself and Irene

Sevierville, TN

#5 Nov 16, 2009
I agree myself the topix poll is meaningless because 1 or 2 people can waste all their time voting as often as it will allow. I vote NO each time I click on the topic to read a new post, other than that who cares. But by the same token, the friends list on facebook, the "word around town" on their website and even comments on here are just as meaningless. I can change user names in an instant as we all can. Who knows, maybe there is only 6 people talking among themselves making it look like the whole town is involved. Just as with the claim of 1,600 window stickers, I have yet to see 1600 of them or even over just a few on the same old cars and trucks. So in a strange way none of this is meaningful. As far as we know I may be the only one posting on here, who can actually prove I am not? I'd say that the poll is half-ass'd accurate just as are any other polls anywhere else, just too bad for you your boy is so far behind he THINKS he is a head.
duhh

Sevierville, TN

#6 Nov 17, 2009
he has my vote. thanks for the great reading say what. that made my day. lol
figures

Sevierville, TN

#7 Nov 17, 2009
He has my vote too. He comes from a great family. He brings much needed expierence to the sheriffs dept and he is not only fresh face but a true god loving family man. I was hoping to see Chris run or maybe Leon run again but Mike is the next best choise. Chris is doing a good job running city police and he and his brother under the guidence of there father. Thats what I hear all over the county

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#8 Nov 18, 2009
figures, you must be like less than 30 years old, kin to them or completely full of shit, sorry. JMO.

I say this: IF we put another Sneed into office then I say we vote another Bush for president. Sounds just as sensible to me. But hey, it's a free country thanks to our fightng men and women that really fight to and do protect us. Oh, has either Mike ever served in any armed forces branch??? Hmmm, I rest my case on the issue of either of these dudes "protecting" my happy ass. Me and Mr. Ruger are just fine as rain.
wondering

United States

#9 Nov 18, 2009
With all the training he has(or say he has)why would he want to be sheriff of Rhea County?
hoola_hoop_champ 1966

Sevierville, TN

#10 Nov 20, 2009
Mike Sneed has been a true friend of mine for a long time. He has been a faithful true friend and I know for sure that he will be there for all the citizens of Rhea County. Mike will be fair and honest for that is his character. He will be fair to all but that definitely does not mean he will be weak. If anyone thinks ...he will be soft on crime then they do not know the Mike Sneed that I know. Mike your true character shows as people become negative towards you, it doesn't phase you. You continue on in a professional manner but most of all, you show us all, the christian man that you really are by staying positive and not falling into the old politics as usual. God Bless you and your family and continue on. Jeff Hill

This is one of the many repiticious butt kissing comments on the "word around town" section at the sneedforsheriff.org site. I placed MY word around town at facebook and guess what??? IT WAS REJECTED!!! My figuring that they were only going to allow just the good comments to be posted on the facebook wall I figured a good christian tough as nails leather skinned man wanting to be a sheriff would allow dissenting opinions and everyones "word around town". What happened when I emailed by "word around town" comment. I got an auto responder email thanking me and that the comment was awaiting approval from a site admin!!!!

Such crap is that. Then I read Jeff Hill's comments praising Mike Sneed for his tenacity in saying..."Mike your true character shows as people become negative towards you, it doesn't phase you. You continue on in a professional manner but most of all, you show us all, the christian man that you really are by staying positive and not falling into the old politics as usual". My comment to that is sure Mike ignores any negative or any other comment HE DOES NOT AGREE WITH. It makes me think the guy is like an egg incapable of being tough or withstanding any pressure. More likely Mike Sneed does not show his God fearing christian side (in that case I'm a christian too) by ignoring opposing comments and staying positve he shows what a coward he really is. Mike Sneed does not avoid "falling into politics as usual" he avoids anything that questions him, his family, his values and even his so called christianity. Go to his own website and read for yourself that these Jeff Hill styled comments designed to make Mike Sneed sound positive and pure is really making him sound like a big baby incapable of standing up as a man. If he can't stand up as a man and resorts to "avoiding" those that disagree or question him and his lifestyle and his integrity then I will never consider voting for him and neither should anyone else.

I have been arounf for over 62 years and have an education and know things from years gone by. Leon Sneed is exactly like his daddy was over in Morgantown and now Leon's kids are just like him. They all have women on their mind and have been married, had kids from other women, made money that a nervous breakdown would occur if an IRS agent knocked on their door. Yes sir, I can speak of much when it comes to these people who at one time I liked until money and land clouded their minds.
duhh

Sevierville, TN

#11 Dec 8, 2009
" They all have women on their mind and have been married, had kids from other women, made money that a nervous breakdown would occur if an IRS agent knocked on their door. Yes sir, I can speak of much when it comes to these people who at one time I liked until money and land clouded their minds."

sounds just like mike neal too!!!!! ha ha
yep

Sevierville, TN

#12 Dec 8, 2009
duhh that means one is no better than the other.
duhh
justathought

Sevierville, TN

#13 Dec 8, 2009
maybe with all the expense corruption and liability maybe Rhea County don't need a sheriff. That way we don't need a judge a DA or any of the others. When I think about it I'm a grown damn man and can make my own money, pay my own bills and take care of my own business. So why would I need a damn sneed or a neal or some snotty nose deputy to run take care of me when the chicken shits can't even take care of themselves.

Sure save us alot of money.
angry Daytonian

Sevierville, TN

#14 Dec 11, 2009
justathought wrote:
maybe with all the expense corruption and liability maybe Rhea County don't need a sheriff. That way we don't need a judge a DA or any of the others. When I think about it I'm a grown damn man and can make my own money, pay my own bills and take care of my own business. So why would I need a damn sneed or a neal or some snotty nose deputy to run take care of me when the chicken shits can't even take care of themselves.
Sure save us alot of money.
AMAN!
the truth

Dayton, TN

#15 Jul 11, 2010
mike sneed wants more undercover informants for drug dealer arrests but what about ricky mattews who was killed over a few pounds of homegrown pot leaves while allegely working as an informant for former sheriff leon sneed about 20years ago i heeard it was allegely covered up to keep leon sneed and rhea co.from paying a wrongful death lawsuit i think charles byrd and leon sneed need to tell his family the truth about his unsolved murder
Which Ricky

Dayton, TN

#16 Jul 11, 2010
Was that the same Ricky Matthews that used to run with the Shipleys, who dove head first into a rock at Fall Creek Falls breaking his neck making him paralyzed? If so, I knew him but never knew he was murdered. If this is the same Ricky, please tell more of what happened.
the truth

Dayton, TN

#17 Jul 12, 2010
no ricky mattews was killed by a shotgun blast to the head in pikeviile tn. after appearing in court as an alleged informant for the rhea co. sheriffs dept. he would be around 50years old now charles byrd and leon sneed knows who killed him and they need to tell his family the truth about his unsolved murder he also was in the tn, national guard he was a good guy who didnt deserve to die like that
fyi

Dayton, TN

#18 Jul 12, 2010
Ricky Matthews from Dayton is still alive and is about 50. He did fall and break his neck at Fall Creek Falls but is still very much alive! He was never a snitch for Leon. Where do you people come up with this stuff?
Kayla Matthews

Dayton, TN

#19 Jul 13, 2010
JUST SO ALL YOU PHONEY PEOPLE KNOW...RICKY MATTHEWS IS VERY MUCH ALIVE AND IS MY DADDY! YOU GUYS NEED TO GROW UP AND GET A LIFE AND FIND SOMETHING TO DO BESIDES SITTING AROUND AND GOSSIPING ABOUT PEOPLE. MY FATHER DID JUMP OFF FALL CREEK FALLS AND BROKE HIS NECK..BUT NEVER WAS A SNITCH OR ANYTHING TO MY KNOWLEDGE! SO FOR ALL YOU LAME GOSSIPERS MY FATHER WAS NEVER SHOT IN THE HEAD OR MURDERED! SO LEON NOR CHARLES BRYD OWES MY FAMILY AN APPOLOGY! MIKE SNEED IS WHAT THIS TOWN NEEDS! NEED FOR SNEED!!! I HOPE HE WINS THIS ELECTION!
hey dip stick

Dayton, TN

#20 Jul 13, 2010
has it ever occurred to you that ricky and matthews is a common name? did you not read a little slower or did you just hurriedly jump to conclusions? Obviously two different Ricky Matthews are being talked about here. as far as need for sneed, you just show what kind of people support the sneeds, ones that hurry to judge and are slow to take in all the information first!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tea paty 10 hr 123goo 1
who is the Mexican bringing in all the cocaine? 15 hr Xyz 6
Hottie @ IAC 22 hr Gross 15
Who knows about the 57 yr old Sheila Philips Fri cookie 1
Tell me about yourself Fri Personal Experience 6
Bridget Fuentes!!!! Fri Inquiring Mind 59
Joey Brady Fri looking 6
Dayton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dayton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dayton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:14PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:53 AM
Julio Jones' availability hinges on pre-game workout, again
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons