new barbacue has anyone ate there

new barbacue has anyone ate there

Posted in the Dayton Forum

hillbilly

Dayton, TN

#1 Dec 4, 2012
i ate there once and itll be my last.only thing that tasted of was ribs. there was a taste in the potatos that i cant explain but it made me, throw mine away.ill be going back to momos from now on.their pork was dry as can be. potatosalad had so many things in it that it didnt taste right. just my thought i hope im not the only one that feels this way. near 20.00 down the drain.
here we go again

Cleveland, TN

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Here we have another idiot trying to ruin someone investing money into this sh*thole trying to get a business going. MoMo's is very good BBQ but why hate on a new establishment? You people will rag this into the ground just like you did Party Pizza. I wish this whole town would dry up and all of you starve or drive 40 miles to eat out. I bet 90% of all of you can't afford to eat out much less drive anywhere to eat. Bunch of jungle tree apes!
fatman w/good taste

United States

#3 Dec 4, 2012
here we go again wrote:
Here we have another idiot trying to ruin someone investing money into this sh*thole trying to get a business going. MoMo's is very good BBQ but why hate on a new establishment? You people will rag this into the ground just like you did Party Pizza. I wish this whole town would dry up and all of you starve or drive 40 miles to eat out. I bet 90% of all of you can't afford to eat out much less drive anywhere to eat. Bunch of jungle tree apes!
That's awful harsh, he/she only stated their opinion of the place. If you have a different one of the place share it.

It's people like yourself that appears to be the problem around here.

And FYI, momos is not impressive either.
bashers

Herndon, VA

#4 Dec 4, 2012
This town doesnt want anything new
nursemid

Evensville, TN

#5 Dec 5, 2012
the last time i was at momos the food was terrible and i havent been back.i will try the new place.
Tater

Wilmington, NC

#6 Dec 5, 2012
Haven't been there myself but I've heard the food is ok and that its expensive. Somebody told me that its the same folks that run the store on 30 right at the top of the mountain.
Im in the click and know

Cleveland, TN

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Just look at it this way, if these businesses try and constantly fail then soon people will stop trying to start a business in Dayton. Ever wonder WHY big name establishments refuse to even consider locating to Dayton? Just a Google search alone of this whole county would discourage any rational minded investor. I hope the BBQ place works as it generates revenue. Also, good advice would be to take notice of this federal budget where middle class is about to take another tax hit and for those on "entitlements" you may soon realize what it feels like to really do without food and shelter as welfare reform is buzzing all over Washington DC. Bob Vincent, Gary Louallen and the rest will do just fine. The rest of us not in the family will not. This includes me although every day I rub elbows, drink, smile and pretend to be all chummy and considered a trusted friend when I know I am just a fish swimming in a nasty shark infested slue. Harder times are on the way. Pick up the phone and call Billy Graham who is like Ronnie Raper, a man of many public titles and paychecks and ask him how bad off we all really are.
Good Food

Chattanooga, TN

#8 Dec 5, 2012
I like both MoMo's and the new place. They are different in some ways, but both are good places to eat. The rib shack has awesome sides! I hope they do well in Dayton. I wish the same for all our local businesses! We need a good variety. Not everyone will like the same things,but hey sometimes I want something different and a lot of others do too.
HEY

Chattanooga, TN

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Both are good.
itsme

Dayton, TN

#10 Dec 5, 2012
hello all. i have to say one thing.i tried the potato at the new place.if the rest of their food is like the potato, then ill not be going back.i still have an awful taste from last nights potato.as for momos,each time ive ate there the food was great. execpt for the last time i was there, the ribs were burnt,the potato salad tasted different. best place ive found yet to eat is at the bp in evensville their chicken tenders are the best yet. eagle exxon also has great food.
LMBO

Muscle Shoals, AL

#11 Dec 9, 2012
I have ate at MoMos and the Rib Shack on Dayton Mtn and the new one in town... My opinion is that the food at the Rib Shack and the new place is WONDERFUL.. Them people bust their A** off making everything from scratch. Not only is food AMAZING but the workers are very nice also. My advice for anyone who is trying to run this place in the ground like every other new place that opens up is to SHUT IT!! Them guys worked so hard getting the place up and running not to mention still manage to keep the store on dayton mtn open during the time. Hands down to the wonderful owners of the new BBQ place and Rib Shack you guys are amazing and let people talk all they want they jealous cu they aint making that killer money or even had the bright idea in opening up 2 businesses and managing to run them BOTH at the same time
LMBO

South San Francisco, CA

#12 Dec 10, 2012
LMBO wrote:
I have ate at MoMos and the Rib Shack on Dayton Mtn and the new one in town... My opinion is that the food at the Rib Shack and the new place is WONDERFUL.. Them people bust their A** off making everything from scratch. Not only is food AMAZING but the workers are very nice also. My advice for anyone who is trying to run this place in the ground like every other new place that opens up is to SHUT IT!! Them guys worked so hard getting the place up and running not to mention still manage to keep the store on dayton mtn open during the time. Hands down to the wonderful owners of the new BBQ place and Rib Shack you guys are amazing and let people talk all they want they jealous cu they aint making that killer money or even had the bright idea in opening up 2 businesses and managing to run them BOTH at the same time
No ones trying to run it in the ground, people just stating their opinion. Go suck on their ribs to you puke if you want too no one is stopping you...LMBO
yepper

Dayton, TN

#13 Dec 12, 2012
sorry to say,i went and ate ,at the new place.each to their own opinion,about the food there.we ordered 3 different types of food there.part of it was great.then the potato,yuck. left a terrible taste in my mouth.as for the potatosalad,ill pass on theirs.plus on the barbacue ribs, there was no barbacue on them. the sauce they had i did not use.i waited until we got home. heated it up in the microwave.the ribs were great.all in all 50 percent was great,50 percent was terrible.thats my view of the new resturant.as for going back. if they make some changes yes. if not no ill go else wheres.
BIG

Ashburn, VA

#14 Dec 19, 2012
MOMO'S IS THE BEST.
LMBO

Boise, ID

#15 Dec 19, 2012
BIG wrote:
MOMO'S IS THE BEST.
Nope, no such thing as good BBQ in RheaCo

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 19, 2012
LMBO wrote:
<quoted text>
No ones trying to run it in the ground, people just stating their opinion. Go suck on their ribs to you puke if you want too no one is stopping you...LMBO
You know your diplomacy hits quiet hard but it sure seems effective lol. I like it.
itsme

Dayton, TN

#17 Dec 22, 2012
sorry to say this. i wished now i had not gone to the new place.i do not know whats is in their sauce but its a taste that stays in ur taste buds til the next day.i will go back to momos from now own. at least they put the barbacue on your food.and for certain momos potatosalad is better.i do pass by both places during the evening. momos is always busy where the new ones not. sometime 2 vehicles momos has their parking place full alot just as does the huddlehouse.
Eric

Cleveland, TN

#18 Dec 22, 2012
I thought it was good :)
howdy

Dayton, TN

#19 Dec 24, 2012
for myself i havent. i have talked to several that have. most of them say. momos is where they will go .the new one is different. food tastes different. sauce is not a good one. leaves and awful taste in your mouth.i went to momos saturday and they said several has said same thing. but they werent going to say either way.cause they had their own buisness to run, let the customers decide.momos is a great place as is several other places in dayton. the one on the mtn has good food as well.many say the one on the mtn and this new one. is from same people yet one on mtns ok this ones not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here we go again 2 hr Tim 7
Looking for a old friend 5 hr Jacky 5
somebodies snitching 19 hr howie feltersnatch 11
Retc director Dennis tumlin Sun Beinghonest 39
MMA gym in Dayton (Sep '12) Fri Yourmomisaslut 14
monica coulter (May '15) Fri onenitestand 18
deadbeat dads (Jul '15) Jun 24 lol 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dayton Mortgages