First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Truth

Ringgold, GA

#41 Oct 13, 2012
Was in town today and seen a car stop and 5 patrol cars checking the car out, there is where some of the county money is going, got to many cops.
Concerned

United States

#42 Dec 27, 2012
wolfeagle wrote:
<quoted text>I have stated in the recent past that I will do my best to stay off this site. I hate being me and wrestling around with invisible people, almost like shadow boxing. But the last several comments, I agree and you guys spoke it well. I just finished helping place a few stories on here concerning a Rhea County school board member getting arrested for public intoxication, 2 drug possession charges, 2 weapons charges and the kicker is the dude was flashing one of those "auxillary deputy" badges. I suppose he figured the deputy card gave him some sort of free ride. Maybe a place to start is with him. TCA 8-47-101 thru???(I forget) deals with removing such persons from office.
And yes, Topix with all it's bad has lots of good as well. I always have said that there is no such thing as "good" or "bad" publicity as it all is "Publicity". I have several website outlets, mingle around on various message boards but still interact here, to a degree. Not like I used to because too often I feel I am banging my head on a tree stump. I plan to read some more of these posts and catch up some.
Lastly, I know many of the decision makers read this website and from here can be directed to navigate to other areas of interest. But this forum, if properly used is very powerful due to the massive traffic it gets. Google loves Topix, therefore, Topix must love Dayton, TN of all places with all the comments posted daily here lol.
The school board member that you mentioned that wsa arrested on Aug 17, 2012 is Patrick Wayne Fisher. He was arrested AGAIN on Dec 3, 2012 for all of the same drug, weapon and alchohol charges along with a DUI charge. The judge denied him bail because he broke the bail he was already out on. He is currently under arrest and is going through drug rehab in Chattanooga. His arraignment date is Jan 25, 2013. Until at least then he will be in jail. Patrick Fisher is burning up Rhea County tax dollars going through rehab while earning his 400.00 per month Rhea County school board salary. Talk about a waste of tax dollars!!! When he is released from jail, Patric Fisher who is currently still married to Rachel Fisher will return home to live with his live-in whore Jennifer McCampbell (also known as Jennifer Morris). Jennifer is also a drug user with past drug charges against her. Any bets on how long Patrick will 'stay clean' living back in that environment? Any bets on whether the people of Rhea County will care enough to get this guy off of the Rhea County payroll? They didn't back in August when he was arrested the first time. Hey folks...It's recall time!
just a thought

Cleveland, TN

#43 Dec 27, 2012
If he is an elected county official wonder if the county will provide him with a lawyer? His charges have nothing to do with his school board position but neither did the county executive. Even if the county didn't provide him with a lawyer who provided the gas for him to drive to knoxville? I wouldn't doubt for a minute that a special motion made at a special meeting that will pay Fisher's attorney bill and the newspaper will never print it and it seems Topix no longer has people like Ruth Ann Wilson who attends all those meetings to inform what they do at these meetings. Just a thought.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#44 Dec 30, 2012
just a thought wrote:
If he is an elected county official wonder if the county will provide him with a lawyer? His charges have nothing to do with his school board position but neither did the county executive. Even if the county didn't provide him with a lawyer who provided the gas for him to drive to knoxville? I wouldn't doubt for a minute that a special motion made at a special meeting that will pay Fisher's attorney bill and the newspaper will never print it and it seems Topix no longer has people like Ruth Ann Wilson who attends all those meetings to inform what they do at these meetings. Just a thought.
No, I seriously doubt that. As for those meetings, all it takes is for someone to just attend them, video record them and upload them to the Internet. I have done it several times myself but am slowly deciding to just sit back and let things play themselves out like the majority does. If it doesn't effect me...so to speak. Oh well, it's a coin toss I suppose.
watchout

Dayton, TN

#45 Jan 13, 2013
lets ask our commissioners to present to the public. the money made at the schools football game and basket ball and parking. its supposed to be public records.yet theres nothing there to show how much money has been made.also why did they build the new football field when they knew there wasnt enough money? also why did they not let railroad make a great deal at the factory above springcity. that would have made more jobs for rhea co .also only way the wheeltax can be slipped in is with our state representative takes it to nashville and gets it in without a vote.i hope RON TRAVIS,you will force the commissioners to place the wheeltax on a ballot for rhea county to vote on.also theres alot of money made at football games. more then what you think.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#46 Sep 15, 2013
Schools give county $787K bail out
Published: 5:27 PM, 09/13/2013 Last updated: 5:27 PM, 09/13/2013

Author: John Sprague
Source: The Herald-News

The Rhea County School Board agreed to loan the Rhea County government in excess of $700,000 to meet its bills until property tax revenue will help the county pay it back in March 2014.

The measure did not pass without some protest by board members, issuing opinions of the general state of the county finances and what a potential loss of cash flow could do to the school system.

For further details, see the Sunday edition of The Herald-News.
http://rheaheraldnews.com/story/22766

HERE IT IS A YEAR LATER AND THE HOLE HAS GOTTEN DEEPER. WONDER WHAT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR WILL LOOK LIKE?
strange

Birchwood, TN

#47 Sep 15, 2013
long im ago before tva was here not much in the way of tax dol for the county but someone kept he county running now a lot more people here more tax but now the county is out of money.can someone explain this
xxxxxx

Patras, Greece

#48 Sep 16, 2013
To much spending, far more than acceptable. Not enough Bass Tournaments, far less than Neal wants. Wrong people in office with stupid ideas.Property owner selling property to county for BIG bucks at taxpayer expense.School administrator struck with the dumb syndrome , couldn't direct a one car funeral but still gets a humongous raise in pay.county commissioners need to be replaced with robots programmed with the poor taxpayers in mind. County needs to quit care taking ron masterson's mother in laws yard , but then Thacker was in favor of that also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hepatitis C 46 min goat 12
angel golliher 1 hr ECW 52
Does anyone know anything about Dewayne Watson? (Sep '10) 3 hr ppmh 34
weight loss 5 hr duh 2
Matt Jorden 7 hr matt JORDAN 5
Lisa and Cody Jones 21 hr Grrrr 3
Best & Worst teachers @ DCS 21 hr noforafact 7
More from around the web

Dayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE