question s for Mike Neal and Mike Sneed?

Posted in the Dayton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
common ground

Sevierville, TN

#1 Aug 18, 2009
don't know why anyone isnt asking them legit questions in this forum. its time we started.
here goes.....
1.what changes are you going to have with new jailers and deputies when you get elected?
2.do you plan on keeping the same ole bunch or will you get new team workers?
3.will you change only the top 2 or 3 at the top directly under you?
4.will you change the so-called detectives that are running the show now?
5.do you plan on being a full time sherriff and be available to the public?
6.will you take phone calls and return messages left for you?
7.will you get out and shake hands and ask for votes to any and all citizens of this county?
8.are you going to let all the same jailers run the show at the jail like now?
9.do you plan on making any improvements inside the jail?
10.will you change anything as it is now?
Talitha_911

Sevierville, TN

#2 Aug 18, 2009
common ground wrote:
don't know why anyone isnt asking them legit questions in this forum. its time we started.
here goes.....
1.what changes are you going to have with new jailers and deputies when you get elected?
7.will you get out and shake hands and ask for votes to any and all citizens of this county?
Let me try.
1. none. sheriff civil service forbids it.
2. yes, no choice, sheriff civil service forbids it.
3. no, can't do it because sheriff civil service forbids it. Argo goes and some admin staff not protected by sheriff civil service.
4. No. They each are well settled and do great jobs.
5. yes.
6. of course. when not available that's why sheriff has deputies.
7. yes.
8. yes, they do great jobs. no need for change.
9. yes if the commission gives the money, otherwise no.
10. no real big need for change, why fix what isn't broke.

Since: Nov 08

Ringgold, GA

#3 Aug 18, 2009
This would be my response if I was a candidate for Sheriff...
common ground wrote:
here goes.....

Female jailers would deal with female prisoners and Male jailers with male prisoners. There are too many relationships taking place in jail that are actually illegal. Look up abuse by authority figure. I would prosecute those who do this. Now for some reason this would be slid under the rug because it would bring bad publicity...hmmm not doing your job is bad publicity.

The officers are under a civil service but they would have to do there job, be fair, treat everyone the same no matter who they are or what they own or how much money they have. The law is the law.Period!So get to work or find another profession.

Sorry to say but the top two would be gone and the rest it would be up to them if they were going to do there job or not!

Same applies if the job is not being done then they would be unemployed.

This is still a small county and the Sheriff should be made available to the public. He needs to be seen and at least return phone calls. My God the Sheriff gets paid how much to do what? I would call people for that kind of money..geezz

I have answered that!

Everyone should be treated the same all the way to the poorest individual to the richest. Im not running so I can say I dont care too much for snobby rich people so I would feel more comfortable around the average Joe.

Same answer if they do there job but I would have to say I do believe some would not be able to do what I would expect out of them so farewell!

The jail update has already cost the county money and while Im on the subject I would not be breaking the county with radio systems that are not needed. This is the taxpayers money not money for kids to spend like its going out of style. I would also get rid of all the toys that we pay taxes on.

You better believe it!
sickofitall

Sevierville, TN

#4 Aug 18, 2009
TruthUncovered wrote:
This would be my response if I was a candidate for Sheriff...<quoted text>
You better believe it!
Here we go again!!! Why is it Mr. D. that you always have to step up and try to sound so smart? You say all this crap that you would do if you were sheriff hahaha Your answers are as pathetic as you are. We all know you and your silly White Pine IP. We do not want to here your answers, we do not need to here your answers and it is people of the likes of you and your kool aid drinking followers that made me quit posting. All you want to do is say bad things about the current sheriff and the candidates. We do not care what you would or would not do if you was a candidate. You are not a candidate and we all know how silly you make yourself sound. Now go take another drink.

Since: Nov 08

Ringgold, GA

#5 Aug 19, 2009
sickofitall wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again!!! Why is it Mr. D. that you always have to step up and try to sound so smart? You say all this crap that you would do if you were sheriff hahaha Your answers are as pathetic as you are. We all know you and your silly White Pine IP. We do not want to here your answers, we do not need to here your answers and it is people of the likes of you and your kool aid drinking followers that made me quit posting. All you want to do is say bad things about the current sheriff and the candidates. We do not care what you would or would not do if you was a candidate. You are not a candidate and we all know how silly you make yourself sound. Now go take another drink.
First of all I am not Mr. D and seldom do I find myself agreeing with him but sometimes I may. I have been off here for a long time because of the sakes of people like you. I am glad you took the time to read my post even though you feel the way you do. If you dont want to know what I have to say then quit reading my posts. Who's ignorant? I think I will go have another round if thats okay! Watch out for the kool-aid pal!
Vote 4 the right man

Sevierville, TN

#6 Aug 22, 2009
Talitha_911 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try.
1. none. sheriff civil service forbids it.
2. yes, no choice, sheriff civil service forbids it.
3. no, can't do it because sheriff civil service forbids it. Argo goes and some admin staff not protected by sheriff civil service.
4. No. They each are well settled and do great jobs.
5. yes.
6. of course. when not available that's why sheriff has deputies.
7. yes.
8. yes, they do great jobs. no need for change.
9. yes if the commission gives the money, otherwise no.
10. no real big need for change, why fix what isn't broke.
I see your a Neal lover. I wouldn't agree with anything you said. A new sheriff needs to make ALOT of changes when taking office. There is always some changes cause I know of alot newer people got jobs when Neal took over as sheriff. The civil service rule might apply to some but not all if the new sheriff wants a change. There needs to be a HUGE change. The county knows this to be a fact.
wishful_thinking

Sevierville, TN

#7 Aug 22, 2009
So what you are saying to the Neal lover is you disagree. Thats cool. But Sneed does not offer any change. He wants to continue the Leon Sneed legacy. No matter what anyone says Sneed can't win. We all remember the old Leon days. We all know Chris Sneed and how he is. We know how Frank Welch and his mean styled nepotism is like. We know. I am not saying Mike Sneed is the man, I'm just saying that Mike Sneed is nothing but a branch off the Sneed tree. Once these Sneeds can explain how they qualify for $300,000 -$600,000 on detective salaries then I will have an open mind. In the meantime you are using a small bucket trying to empty a sinking Sneed boat and there is too much water to deal with. Kiss whatever interest you have or that job bye and realize the name Sneed says it all. Heck, there isn't even a good word that begins with the "Sn" sound. Sneed, Sneaky, Snake, Snide, Snot, Snub, Snutie, Snaggle, Snail, Snare, Snarl, Sneer, Snooty, Snatch, Snitch, Snoop, Snob and SNAFU. See, you can't even connect a decent word to these people.
what_else

Sevierville, TN

#8 Aug 23, 2009
i herd the land prices crashing has all the sneeds running to swafford byt swafford is in a bind with fefault loans. looks like they need someone back in there as sheriff to make some quik cash for a bail out of a different kind lmao. I think its funny. Semms like the ride is about over, good luck in the poor house boys.

“Do Your Duty or Step Aside”

Since: May 09

Dayton, Ohio

#9 Aug 23, 2009
I would think that as a candidate that these individuals would be out pressing flesh to get elected. In addition to telling the voters of this county what they would do to make the Rhea County Sheriff's Department a better department. I mean signs on cars is tacky and does nothing to address the issues at hand. If anything it shows a desperation on the individuals involved, trying to capture the attention of the county, while at the same time showing desperation for attention. It is a bit sophmoric, juvenile, and is very distasteful. Bumper stickers are one thing but these white signs on peoples vehicles are distracting, and could result in an accident, if someone were trying to read the candidates ad instead of paying attention to the road and other drivers.
There needs to be an independent, who will do the job the right way. Which would include working with the deputies to teach them to do their job the correct way.
I have seen deputies that have answered calls and had no idea what the law was in regard to the call. This is something that should not be happening in this day and age.
Deputies should not only undergo on the job training, but continuing education, should be a priority for these deputies, as well as leadership, laws change daily and the deputies and leadership needs to be on top of those changes.
The leadership of the Department should also not be a 9-5 Monday through Friday job, there needs to be competent leadership on duty at all hours to handle situations that arise.
There is nothing wrong with trading weekend days for weekdays to ensure that competent leadership is on duty 24/7.
WhAt-NoT FuN NoW

Sevierville, TN

#10 Aug 23, 2009
100% Agree! An independent, unaffiliated, unrelated, with no motive other than to do a service for the good of the people, not the good of a select few. Whether these Sneed men are good men or not I just do not believe that it is good for any community to have one family with so much power and authority. I hope history does not repeat itself but in this county people never seem to learn but sure know how to keep on complaining.
ChaChing

AOL

#11 Aug 23, 2009
WhAt-NoT FuN NoW wrote:
100% Agree! An independent, unaffiliated, unrelated, with no motive other than to do a service for the good of the people, not the good of a select few. Whether these Sneed men are good men or not I just do not believe that it is good for any community to have one family with so much power and authority. I hope history does not repeat itself but in this county people never seem to learn but sure know how to keep on complaining.
You are right about too much of ONE family in local politics,but we have to have someone else to RUN before it can be changed!
WhAt-NoT FuN NoW

Sevierville, TN

#12 Aug 23, 2009
Very true.
slatzzz

United States

#13 Aug 24, 2009
what_else wrote:
i herd the land prices crashing has all the sneeds running to swafford byt swafford is in a bind with fefault loans. looks like they need someone back in there as sheriff to make some quik cash for a bail out of a different kind lmao. I think its funny. Semms like the ride is about over, good luck in the poor house boys.
The situation may be just the opposite, the Sneed "dynasty" may be growing due to the misfortunes of others, foreclosures, etc. and the Momma Sneed's willingness to beat her own customers out of profit for her personal gain. Of course Century 21 will ultimately be accountable for any losses and her shady deals/steals.
Vote 4 the right man

Sevierville, TN

#14 Aug 24, 2009
wishful_thinking wrote:
So what you are saying to the Neal lover is you disagree. Thats cool. But Sneed does not offer any change. He wants to continue the Leon Sneed legacy. No matter what anyone says Sneed can't win. We all remember the old Leon days. We all know Chris Sneed and how he is. We know how Frank Welch and his mean styled nepotism is like. We know. I am not saying Mike Sneed is the man, I'm just saying that Mike Sneed is nothing but a branch off the Sneed tree. Once these Sneeds can explain how they qualify for $300,000 -$600,000 on detective salaries then I will have an open mind. In the meantime you are using a small bucket trying to empty a sinking Sneed boat and there is too much water to deal with. Kiss whatever interest you have or that job bye and realize the name Sneed says it all. Heck, there isn't even a good word that begins with the "Sn" sound. Sneed, Sneaky, Snake, Snide, Snot, Snub, Snutie, Snaggle, Snail, Snare, Snarl, Sneer, Snooty, Snatch, Snitch, Snoop, Snob and SNAFU. See, you can't even connect a decent word to these people.
What I am saying is that I just don't like Neal. He's never around. He don't take phone calls and he doesn't return them. He's not a likeable person. Not friendly. Never seen him out shaking hands or asking for votes. I think his choice of staff needs an overhaul in a bad way. Believe me there is tons of people out there that feel the same way.
I'm not a Sneed lover, but I did like Leon and always have liked him. But I think people judging Mike Sneed just because they don't like his daddy or his brother isn't being fair to Mike. He's out there asking for votes, going door to door talking to people and asking their opinions about how they feel about this county. That's more than I can say about Neal. These are just facts. People judging a man running for sheriff just because his daddy used to be one, and also judging him because his daddy started out buying land years ago with Arnold Fitzgerald(yes they have always been partners), that is not the right way to judge Mike Sneed.
What's wrong in this county is that alot of people are blind to what is going on HERE and NOW! The past 8 years has not worked and letting the jailers run the jail and call the shots isn't helping this county. Yes, we need change, but we only have 2 men that is out there to choose from and I will not vote for what we have now.
what_else

Sevierville, TN

#15 Aug 24, 2009
You only have 2 men out there running for election because the newspaper couldn't wait to print something. Sure, Mike Neal was figured to run again but why did Mike Sneed officially announce so soon? There will be others who will run I can grant you that. Those people are waiting and watching. Once Sneed has knocked on all his doors (which is great) and asked for a vote and telling them what he can do for a county in which he NEVER has served a single day in any capacity and has worked only in Hamilton County but knows he isn't really sheriff material at all. If he was, he'd be running in his own Hamilton county where he really lives and works, not in Rhea County. He can only run for sheriff here by using his daddy's name but Rhea County remembers and to those who have forgotten then come jan. or feb. there will be 2 others (I know for fact) that will annouce at the proper time and every door Sneed knocked on was a waste once the new annoucers come to those same doors. So yes, we judge him for what he is and what he isn't. What he is is the son of a sheriff that made a name and money and was bold enough to buy it all here in this county and flaunt it. He is the brother of a cop that somehow qualifies for 6 figure loans. So Mike is just another branch off the tree and everyone knows it. Soon those white signs will be faded as they weather away and 2 others will step up. What Mike Sneed is not he is not a person with any sort of expierence in Rhea County or even a sheriff's department only a Lt. of a small department of a city incorporated just a few decades ago. But for all this door knocking there is no way you can say that for a fact because you do not know. I don't know and the only way you would know is if you are with him. Also, how can he knock on all these doors everyday and still be on the payroll at Soddy-Daisy PD? See, we do not need that sort of stuff ever again in Rhea County.
informed_voter

Sevierville, TN

#16 Aug 24, 2009
WHO DOES THIS MIKE SNEED PERSON THINK HE IS? HE GETS A FREE JOB HANDED TO HIM LIKE HIS BROTHER DID AND FAVOR AFTER FAVOR THEY BUY THEIR WAY UP THE CHAIN. WE NEED A SHERIFF THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPERENCE. MOST OF THEM DON'T KNOW WHAT THERE DOING ANYWHO SO WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE THAT PREACHER JOHN CUPP, HE DID OK. BUT A LITTLE CITY POLICEMAN WHO WOULD NEVER EVEN BE A POLICEMAN IS HIS DADDY NEVER SOMEHOW GOT ELECTED AND STAYED ELECTED MAKING MONEY SURE AINT NEEDED HERE.
Pegasus

United States

#17 Aug 25, 2009
You people are killing me. Surely you not this ignorant. I cant laugh anymore. The very ignorance of some of these posts bothers me. I started out just reading these posts laughing my ass off. I thought just instigators. But many of you people are frigging nuts. I have watched as many of you dont have a clue as to what you are talking about, talk about things like your an expert. I've watched others slandered in posts. But yet not one peice of even shreaded evidence or proof to back up many of the claims made on this board. If you have the goods on someone prove it, back it up.
Its very obvious to me both candidates are qaulified to run. And to watch as many try to destroy each other its obvious that many of you lack integrity.
But who is the best for the County? And why?
change_needed for sure

United States

#18 Oct 8, 2009
I agree with you Pegasus, I can back up anything I say on here, but why would you put yourself out there, already If you are for Mike Sneed and they know it, suddenly the officials that are in there no matter how many times you have been fishing together, all the sudden aren't talking anymore, there is a store over toward morgan town, they serve the best Cheeseburgers and home cooked meals and the place used to be full of Rhea County cars daily, I have been told by officers that they aren't even supposed to eat there now, why? you might ask, because the owner is with a Sneed. The childish games aren't just here on the internet, they start at the Sheriff Dept. have you noticed most vehicles at the Ambulance Service has Mike Neal window stickers? at this time, I would hate to be in a accident and have a Sneed sticker on my vehicle, and if you need a officer at your house, get that sticker off your vehicle before they get there or they may not help you. I've been told by officers that they were told if Mike Sneed gets in they will all lose thier jobs, childish again, civil service doesn't allow that. As far as what goes on at that jail, Talitha you don't get the entire picture talking to them by phone, go down there sometime, your proably friends with a lot of them, so go visit, and stay long enough to see what really is going on, I really don't think you would like it either, of course your part of the system that is there now, so on the other hand you might get in there and join them
dumb_one

Sevierville, TN

#19 Oct 9, 2009
The store over by Morgantown you speak of isn't owned by a Sneed, Sue Ann owns it, always has. Larry Sneed (shall I quote some of his history here?) managed to marry into that business. Who did Chris Sneed marry? Oh, a gal with money. Seems these Sneed's can't make it on their own and either have to marry into it or get elected to have access to budget money and skim, not to mention those drug fund donations. Never an IRS auditor around when you need one.
No wonder deputies don't patronize that place, it is a watering hole for jailbirds that can't vote or won't vote and drive those crappy cars and junk trucks all around town trying to make Mike Sneed look bigger than he is. The truth is those signs say SNEED, not MIKE SNEED. We can pretty much figure daddy Leon went to his old supporters that would give their left nut to have him back in office and will gladly place an ad on their clunker so thinks can go right back to the way they was. These people want Leon back in but will settle for one of his kids. If that be the case we all may as well grease up the bones and ancient joints of Paul Smith and run him for sheriff because his mae has always been worth 3 - 4,000 votes.

I hear Boyd Hurst is going to run, he'd make a good sheriff.

“Do Your Duty or Step Aside”

Since: May 09

Dayton, Ohio

#20 Oct 10, 2009
I have learned that Mike Sneeds dad is going to run for the county commissioner seat, that is too much power for one family.
We live in a democracy not a totalitarian society where one family runs the county. I have noticed that those with the Sneed signs will speed, cut people off and drive any way they please.
This shows me that those who are supporting Sneed, think that they are above the law and do not have to abide by the law.
There needs to be a candidate for Sheriff who is not afraid of facing Sneed and Neil, and will bring Rhea County into the 21st century.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
darius tellifro 3 hr ur mom 4
older woman 6 hr Youareinbred 4
Wearing pajamas in public (Apr '13) 6 hr Youareinbred 123
jacob Myers 6 hr Youareinbred 5
Eric Morgan 6 hr Sue 1
Amber Bray 7 hr Britt 4
brandon defur (Sep '13) 9 hr BRANDON 4
More from around the web

Dayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE