United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

What's the real story on why the Dayton Bank & Trust failed?

My memory is that a bunch of dummy corporations were set up and loans made to those dummy corporations, which of course were never repaid.

I do remember Ronnie Raper was at least a player, although maybe not the main one, in the Bank's downfall.

Why did nobody go to jail and who were the other players in the bank's downfall?
just wondering

Seymour, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

Great question. Another good question is why was one of those "players" aka "crooks even allowed to submit a petition to run for anything except the border? Also, why was such player/crook continually promote and always given a cushie job at Dayton city? Answer those questions and we may see Ronnie was a much bigger player than he made people think. Didn't he have a brother that hung himself years ago over that and old Ronnie himself nearly had a nervous breakdown?

And to think after this time he struts around like a peacock? Maybe we need a "Who is the REAL Ronnie Raper" topic started here. I would like to know the city hired good workers that served the city rather than Jake Butcher pawns in a money pit chess game.
Clueless

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Man, that was a long time ago. I remember banking at Dayton Bank and Trust. Did it go under or get bought out by someone else during the Butcher Brother's ordeal?
Ridge Runner

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

The bank had problem showing where 6 million in capital came from. ie Look Out Banana. Many deals were done by the good old boy network and had very little documentation. As it turned out the vast majority were atually sound except Dave Roller former MN Viking Football player's house.
I worked in federal enforcement and banked their when they closed. I was getting a higher security clearance the week it closed. It was interesting.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

Judged:

This very topic is already being studied and archived. Visits by volunteers have already been to the Chattanooga Bicentennial library and another group is set to go research the archives at the library at UTC in Knoxville. Also, federal bankruptcy records are being gathered in Atlanta, GA and everything is hoped to be reduced down so that that ANY alleged involvement that Rhea County Commissioner/Dayton City employee had with the Butcher Banking Scandal will be published in booklet form and made available for free to voters of his district. The voters that have voted in the last two elections where Raper won his district election will be each mailed a copy with other copies available upon request. Now is the time that everyone start getting candidates in line. It is a mission to expose Raper and any involvement he had with C.H. Butcher and his brother Jake. From what is understood, this goes back to the Clyde Roddy - City Manager days as well.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

@ Devilman, I vaguely remember all this but I don't know if the Butcher Bros. had anything to do with the old Dayton bank. Include Jake E. Cantrell in your searching because I think he owned the bank and not the Butchers. Either way, I don't know but will sure help you find out :)
dan

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

Judged:

I think the Butchers were with First Bank.Jake Cantrell was one of the crooks at the old Dayton Bank.
Cash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

Judged:

Wasn't Vicki Rice Morgan, daughter of Wallace and Alma Rice, wife of Leeroy Morgan and sister of Lawanda Gravett (Stan's wife) in that bank scheme. She did about 6 months for what she did.
blah blah

Dayton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

Want to know wrote:
What's the real story on why the Dayton Bank & Trust failed?
My memory is that a bunch of dummy corporations were set up and loans made to those dummy corporations, which of course were never repaid.
I do remember Ronnie Raper was at least a player, although maybe not the main one, in the Bank's downfall.
Why did nobody go to jail and who were the other players in the bank's downfall?
GET A F..KING LIFE .......... STOP WORRING ABOUT OTHRS! WOW.
wtf

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

why would you tell someone to get a f---ing life when a whole group of people lost all their savings forcing the feds to take the bank over while at the same time Raper snitches everyone out while crying (ask phoebe frazier) where he along with the crook cantrells gave big loans to area people who got rich and are even richer today? what was rapers reward for not ratting out a few local people? was it a job without a job description at the city? this goes much deeper than most can even think. you are probably the offspring of one of the f---ing crooks in the circle and wish all this would never be talked of, if i were you i to would want every one else to not say a word and pick at an old scab that never healed but is just covered up. so to anytone out there old enough that knows like others of us that do please tell about it. let people know how these people are connected almost like an organized crime family. Cantrell had to pay but he was a big fish. Raper as usual sucked his way out of it.
ernie

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Cantrell also did a fraudulent loan job in Cummins Georgia.
LIKITALWAYSIS

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Cash wrote:
Wasn't Vicki Rice Morgan, daughter of Wallace and Alma Rice, wife of Leeroy Morgan and sister of Lawanda Gravett (Stan's wife) in that bank scheme. She did about 6 months for what she did.
People who KNOW about this say she was set up by a well known,now dead "CROOK"(_??_)and was innocent. I tend to agree but can't substantiate.
ernie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

I agree.I think she was the fall guy.
FLA

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Raper is spineless. He nauseates me.
Hank Parker

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Dayton Forum right now

Search the Dayton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 3 min sally 58,245
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 min sally 8,462
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min seriously 123,879
Clayton 6 hr Cat 3
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr bob 8,504
Inner Body Asbestos Cleanse Needed 22 hr rox 1
good looking men of dayton (Aug '10) Thu yep 475
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dayton Jobs

•••
•••
•••