Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Dayton Forum

Comments (Page 702)

Showing posts 14,021 - 14,040 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it this way.
Perhaps your state and local governments aren't charging enough for their snowplowing services.
Perhaps they should raise your taxes so that their revenues generate enough money not only to pay for labor, expenses, and administration, but also to produce a small profit for the government.
Would shaking things up like that make you so happy and pleased...you know, bringing those public employees into your mythical magical world of " capitalism for profit"?
woof
Profit and government are two words that never go together. Profit and private sector? Yes, then we can use the word profit.

And no, I don't drive a box truck. I'm a tractor-trailor driver.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
here is good example of what type of behavior the UAW favors, supports & promotes but I know I wont drive or buy a FIAT or Chrysler Vehicle beside proof that the UAW is not thinking about workplace or Public safety of their vehicles, just a strike against the UAW who got bailout with taxpayer money besides proves the need for RTW for employees that dont wish to financially support a union that upholds behavior like that at the workplace.
Chrysler Auto Workers fired after Wolchek investigation are back on the job
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20292017/ch...
Chrysler workers exposed smoking pot, drinking on lunch breaks return to jobs
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2...
Except, of course, those precious RTW employees would use the same grievance procedure to try to keep their jobs should they be fired.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Profit and government are two words that never go together. Profit and private sector? Yes, then we can use the word profit.
And no, I don't drive a box truck. I'm a tractor-trailor driver.
My My My, getting a little highbrow on your box truck brethren, eh?

Can't think outside of the box I see.

My question to you was, if government would simply charge more for the services they provide, so as to generate a profit, would that satisfy you?

Think about it while you're watching Fox News this morning.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Thoughts on the "fiscal cliff":

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/business/ge...

I read "Getting to Yes" in 1998. Takes about two hours to read, a very short, and informative book.

The GOP is gonna lose this showdown, eventually.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Women Earn Less than Men?
Another contemporary economic myth is that women make 75 cents for every dollar men make because they’re discriminated against in labor markets. Like other myths, this does have a kernel of truth to it. So for example, if you add up all the incomes of women and divide by the number of women in the labor force and then do the same thing for men, what you’ll find is, on average, women do make about 75% of what men do.
What’s happening here is not discrimination in the labor market, but differences in the choices that men and women make (about investing in their knowledge, their education, their skills, and their job experiences) that lead to them getting paid different salaries.
See video at: http://www.learnliberty.org/content/do-women-...
And learn something for a change ASSHOLE!
I forgot that you have never met Lily Leadbetter personally and the only things that exists in this world are your anecdotal experiences.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the reasons I drive Japanese today is because of my dozens of experiences delivering to the Auto plants in Ohio. Worthless F's.
You tried to get hired in in Twinsburg and Brookpark, but they rejected you, didn't they?

woof
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to get hired in in Twinsburg and Brookpark, but they rejected you, didn't they?
woof
Nah. I work outside--not inside. I would never take a job where you have to be inside all day long.

I'm also glad that our company doesn't deliver to auto plants all that much compared to when I used to work for tool and die places where they were our customers, and you had to deal with those idiots several times a week.

When times were slow and they had to layoff those auto workers, they would be on the news crying their eyes out. I would watch, laugh, and yell at my television set "GOOD FOR YOU, YOU WORTHLESS MOTHER......" I can't tell you how many times I had to work late because of those good for nothing union workers.

I could usually get loaded in about a half-hour. When I got to some of these auto plants, I would be there for three or four hours trying to get unloaded. UAW workers are useless, absolutely useless.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
My My My, getting a little highbrow on your box truck brethren, eh?
Can't think outside of the box I see.
My question to you was, if government would simply charge more for the services they provide, so as to generate a profit, would that satisfy you?
Think about it while you're watching Fox News this morning.
woof
The only time I watch Fox is for the Bill O' show. That's about it.

I never said I was dissatisfied with government services. I was only pointing out that there is a difference between profit services and government services; the difference between marketable services and non-marketable services. You seem to think they are all the same.

I don't expect government to make a profit. If they are making some sort of profit and taxing me, then I'm being overtaxed.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only time I watch Fox is for the Bill O' show. That's about it.
I never said I was dissatisfied with government services. I was only pointing out that there is a difference between profit services and government services; the difference between marketable services and non-marketable services. You seem to think they are all the same.
I don't expect government to make a profit. If they are making some sort of profit and taxing me, then I'm being overtaxed.
And conversely, if they aren't making a profit, then you are not being overtaxed.

Wasn't that fun?

woof

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I work outside--not inside.
I remember you now! I gave you twenty bucks last week.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, of course, those precious RTW employees would use the same grievance procedure to try to keep their jobs should they be fired.
one thing about it if enough employees would be allowed quit financially supporting the unions that supports that behavior I will bet the union's attitude would definitely change protecting Worthless F??cks like that because all those Worthless F??cks do is drag everyone else that acts like an adult & cares down with them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Indy,I know all of that, of course.
Now substitute the word "government", and maybe these dolts on here will figure out why government spending on things like, water ans sewer systems,sanitation services, street repairs, construction and plowing, courts and courthouses, health departments, zoning offices, police, fire, and emergency services, public schools, dog catchers (don't listen Duke), jails, prisons, and detention centers, representative governmental offices, etc, and on, and on...is included in the GDP.
woof
woof
government sector jobs are considered Public service jobs that provide service to the public and cost the public, and dont produce items that have use & monetary value like a vehicle which has both and this is where the government makes their money to pay for those government public service jobs through taxes.

What is a public service job?

Best Answer

Any job which supplies a 'service' to the general public. Example: Police - firefighter - sanitation worker - etc - etc.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_public_se...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>one thing about it if enough employees would be allowed quit financially supporting the unions that supports that behavior I will bet the union's attitude would definitely change protecting Worthless F??cks like that because all those Worthless F??cks do is drag everyone else that acts like an adult & cares down with them.
Unions aren't going anywhere. The minute unions lose their clout (if that were to happen) management will immediately begin to take advantage of labor again. They are too greedy not to. When that happens, unions will come back as strong as ever. If management would voluntarily deal with its labor in good faith, labor wouldn't need to organize.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions aren't going anywhere. The minute unions lose their clout (if that were to happen) management will immediately begin to take advantage of labor again. They are too greedy not to. When that happens, unions will come back as strong as ever. If management would voluntarily deal with its labor in good faith, labor wouldn't need to organize.
I'd say a stunning loss of clout was exhibited by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers at Hostess when they found themselves unemployed right before Christmas.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying unions are going away unless the Federal Government repeals the Wagner or the National Labor Relations Act but attitudes within the Unions will change which do in RTW states I have worked in both RTW & Non and RTW states the union works harder to maintain dues because they know the employee has the final decision to pay due or not, not the Union. I will tell you right now 70 years ago the unions would have not tolerated that behavior of smoking pot & drinking while during their workshift.

The National Labor Relations Act, NLRA, or Wagner Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Labor_R...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I'd say a stunning loss of clout was exhibited by the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers at Hostess when they found themselves unemployed right before Christmas.
Whether that was a loss of clout or not remains to be seen. They chose to not to be management's bitch. There comes a point when getting a new job is better than staying at the lousy job you have.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Astute statement.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether that was a loss of clout or not remains to be seen. They chose to not to be management's bitch. There comes a point when getting a new job is better than staying at the lousy job you have.
Then instead of striking or closing down the company, that's what they should have done. They should have found a better job and quit.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then instead of striking or closing down the company, that's what they should have done. They should have found a better job and quit.
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The union didn't close the company. The company chose not to live up to its contract with the employees and closed. Only the company can close the company.
What was their choice? With unions, it's difficult if not impossible to find replacements for union people. Unions will harass and even threaten non-union replacement workers. How was Hostess supposed to continue business with no workers?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,021 - 14,040 of25,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Dayton Forum right now

Search the Dayton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I need a rice cooker and a backpack... 39 min CMS 2
Most Americans don't want illegal amnesty! 41 min CMS 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Doug Wiedeman 30,590
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Chuck 17,703
tattoo parlors 6 hr Literature Lover 2
Kasich's dad was a mail carrier... 6 hr Literature Lover 2
Just reported, pot smoking damages brains 17 hr Report SMOKING VIOLATIONS 2
•••
•••
•••
Dayton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dayton Jobs