Yes, I should have waited a day befor...

Yes, I should have waited a day before I sent it away.

Posted in the Dayton Forum

Leon Harrison

United States

#1 Oct 3, 2012
I am a registered Independent, who will be voting for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan because of the economy and their experience; but not to let the Neocon Bushmen, or Old Cold Warrior/Pentagon-PAC-rat porker, or Wilsonian imperialist interventionists, or paper-product Wall Street geniuses back in again, not that many if any of them have ever really had to leave Washington, D.C.
I am 62 years old, an Old Cold Warrior and former Pentagon porker, now retired and unable to be fired. Now, I feel sort of guilty and hypocritical about being a nonproductive dependent citizen. Since our Ohio presidential votes are going to be close, and I am a writer: I do not want to accept future blame with my fleeting but influential literary fame. I have been supporting our Second Amendment and civilian firearms and ammunition industries; but I do not intend or want to do likewise (with my taxes and votes) to pay for more Pentagon pork (defense/military spending).
With reality and regrets, we must consider and remember that we have an ongoing and growing $16-trillion national debt. Our nation can no longer afford this post-1965 tripartite cooperation between Congress, The Pentagon and The Welfare State: Employees and dependents of these three entities have been having fun “getting things done”, via legislation, regulation and taxation. It is easy to care and fairly share with other people’s money. Regardless of media chatter, it has not much mattered who has been in charge of government large. Government needs, seeks and finds (domestic and foreign) problems to solve so it can be involved and justify its expenses and existence.
Some of our dumber Defense and Security nuts whine about us “leading from behind”. Mother Earth’s other seven-billion inhabitants might want to be employed, supported or fed by us, but they do not want to be led by us [150 million taxpaying U.S. citizens?].
I will believe in these mandatory federal budget cuts if and after I see them, after civil servants and dependents are laid off at places like the bases and the welfare states; these people not being allowed to retire before they are laid off or finally fired.
I was born in Dayton, Ohio, on May 12, 1950 (with television and the Cold War), just before the Korean Civil War. I missed the Vietnamese Civil War and never fired a gun on the Eastern Front [being a SHAPE/NATO teletype “tape ape” in Belgium and West Germany]. Serving in the Ohio Army National Guard was not that dangerous or hard for me.
Most our baby-boom parents, kin, coworkers and friends either worked or served during World War Two. We grew up with the Cold War and the glorious [not gory] WWII stories and nostalgia. This was at the height of the American Empire. Dayton [my parents and I] had a big blue-collar big-dollar industrial tax base that could and did support businesses, places like the bases, and Dayton’s benevolent and burgeoning welfare state. Look at the local architecture, e.g., the plats, plazas and government buildings that were built (and paid for) between the 1950s and the 1980s. Yes, back then, we could have it all, including generous government spending, plentiful Pentagon pork and magnificent malls!
Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are trying without lying, to make us forget the three Bush presidential terms that a lot of us regret and do not want to repeat. In the beginning, I was all for those three Middle Eastern wars that the neocon Bushmen and their patriotic-Pentagon-porker pals and military-media friends got us involved in. It is past time for the American Empire to retire before it finally expires; thus bringing our troops and national defense back to our borders like we ought to. This will include getting out of Europe and NATO, stop roaming the globe, and ending this European missile-defense [contractor] nonsense.

Leon Harrison
West Carrollton, Ohio
Buckeye

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Actually, you should have never written it at all. Looks like some kind of uneducated junior high punk wrote it
Fan of Leon The Man

Salem, IN

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Buckeye wrote:
Actually, you should have never written it at all. Looks like some kind of uneducated junior high punk wrote it
Well, do and and show us better, little bedwetter.
Dr Phil

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Buckeye wrote:
yeah i got a headache reading that shit
Literature Lover

Spencerville, IN

#5 Oct 5, 2012
Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>yeah i got a headache reading that shit
Your shitty little half-witty post would look better, if you too started your sentences with capital letters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Harry Hardstiff 21,722
Stacy Burns 21 hr John 4
Chris Mulcahy (Apr '16) May 22 Ghost of Leon Har... 30
Where is fuego May 21 3rdEye 1
Jamie Jarosiks Clothes For Sale! WDTN May 21 FeelsGood 1
SVG Motors (Steve's a Vain Guy) (Jan '16) May 21 Billie Marshall 33
News Lost history: How 4 Ohio kids ended pay toilets... May 20 Bush Peeing 1

Dayton Jobs

Personal Finance

Dayton Mortgages