Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 20 comments on the Feb 5, 2008, Dayton Daily News story titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Court Jester

Piqua, OH

#22300 Oct 7, 2012
an ally wrote:
<quoted text>
you couldn't be more wrong...and BTW...stop drinkin the kool-aid, you brain cells might recover....good grief..what zombies...I supported your god. all I asked for was recognition of my support. if I don't get it, i'll be one less supporter, somethng Kohl has neeed before.
Sounds like somebody wants a pity party--
well, it's a pity that you are so petty feeling sorry that you did not get your "five minutes of fame" for "electing Kohl" in November 2009. When you sacrificed "your support" did you get a verbal agreement that you would get "public recognition payback?"
Now you're all "soured up" and threatening to withhold "your support" next time around if an elected official does not "bend to your will?" Your case in the "boro courts of silliness" is dismissed because of your "no credibility."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grapevine

Piqua, OH

#22301 Oct 7, 2012
idiot detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Anderson..."...hoping it's not for political reasons"...that's rich coming from " MR.I Wantabe.."
Wasn't Neighbors for Springboro Schools president, Tammy Grigsby, one of the levy ladies who allegedly stormed into BOE member Scott Anderson's bank declaring financial ruin on the bank if Scott Anderson did not vote for putting the fifth unnecessary school levy on the ballot?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
jimmy cricket

Dayton, OH

#22302 Oct 7, 2012
Court Jester wrote:
<quoted text>
well, it's a pity that you are so petty feeling sorry that you did not get your "five minutes of fame" for "electing Kohl" in November 2009. When you sacrificed "your support" did you get a verbal agreement that you would get "public recognition payback?"
Now you're all "soured up" and threatening to withhold "your support" next time around if an elected official does not "bend to your will?" Your case in the "boro courts of silliness" is dismissed because of your "no credibility."
you people are just as bad as the pro levy people...way over the top like some like of cult. get over yourselves
Batter Up

Piqua, OH

#22303 Oct 7, 2012
jimmy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
you people are just as bad as the pro levy people...way over the top like some like of cult. get over yourselves
You Go First! Take your own advice and "get over yourselves."

Why do you Baker/Lolli Babbles keep "popping up" to beat down the truth that the 2011 pro-levy union school board candidates are the real losers, simply because Mike Kruse, Gentry Ellis, Lisa Babb, and Jane Gregg, FAILED to win the the two school board representatives open seats? Why continue drawing attention to yourselves as the "Bad for Boro Loser Candidates" who refuse to concede to doing what's right for our school children and community?
ridiculous

Dayton, OH

#22304 Oct 7, 2012
Grapevine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't Neighbors for Springboro Schools president, Tammy Grigsby, one of the levy ladies who allegedly stormed into BOE member Scott Anderson's bank declaring financial ruin on the bank if Scott Anderson did not vote for putting the fifth unnecessary school levy on the ballot?
She sounds a little unbalanced. Perhaps, that's why they didn't offer her the job.
Batter Up

Piqua, OH

#22305 Oct 8, 2012
Can Not Win wrote:
Tammy Grigsby, a Springboro resident who teaches at Middletown High School, is suing the Springboro Board of Education in U.S. District Court for alledgedly withdrawing a teaching position offered to her this summer “due to and in retaliation for” her political activity and affiliation with a pro-levy group.
Named in the federal civil rights action are the Springboro school board and individuals who were board members at the time of Grigsby’s application, including Kelly Kohls, Don Miller, David Petroni, James Rigano and Scott Anderson.
According to her lawsuit, filed Sept. 28, Grigsby applied for a teaching position this summer at Springboro High School. She went through two rounds of interviews and on June 12 “was told by the assistant principal that she had been selected and was being offered the position as a math teacher at Springboro High School,” according to her complaint.
However, a few days later, Grigsby reportedly was told by the assistant principal that “we have a problem.”
The lawsuit asserts that Gene Lolli, then Springboro superintendent, told Grigsby that he had conducted a third set of interviews at the direction of the school board,“particularly the former vice president (now acting president) Kelly Kohls, who represented that she spoke for the school board.”
The interviews were conducted, according to what Grigsby said she was told by Lolli,“to legitimize the withdrawal of the offer to Ms. Grigsby and conceal the fact that Ms. Grigsby was being denied the position for which she had been selected because of her First Amendment protected activity (i.e. her public comments and work with Neighbors for Springboro Schools.)”
Neighbors for Springboro Schools is a group that advocates for the passage of school levies and for school-related concerns in Springboro.
Board members Petroni and Rigano are two of the founders of Educate Springboro, and Kohls is a founding member of Educate Ohio. These groups draw attention to school funding and fiscal conservancy. Kohls also is president of the Warren County Tea Party.
Kohls said Friday this was the first she had heard about the lawsuit. When asked if Grigsby’s claims were true, Kohls said:“I can’t answer that. I never heard that claim.”
Kohls said board members were not presented with Grigsby nor her application this summer. Kohls said she did know that Grigsby was associated with the Neighbors for Springboro Schools group, since Grigsby had “attempted to conduct a forum for candidates,” in 2009.
Anderson, who has since resigned as president of the school board, also said he was unaware of the lawsuit when contacted Friday.
He said it would not have been protocol for the board to see Grigsby’s application, and he did not hear or witness a conversation about Grigsby while on the board.
“I leave it up to our administration to put forth good people, but legally we can say no to anybody,” Anderson said of the board.“Hopefully it’s for the right reasons and not for political reasons.”
Members of the Ohio School Boards Association said school boards are not supposed to be partisan, but political concerns do surface.
“All of the issues swirling around levies have political dimensions, not partisan dimensions,” said Damon Asbury, director of legislative services for the OSBA.
Rick Lewis, OSBA executive director, added that potential political differences should not play a role in whether a teacher is hired.
“You shouldn’t be required to check your freedom of speech and your political views at the door,” Lewis said.“They shouldn’t be conditions of employment.”
Neither Lolli nor Grigsby could be reached for comment.
On Tuesday, Grigsby’s case was referred to Magistrate Judge Karen L. Litkovitz.
Grigsby is seeking “compensatory damages, economic losses, punitive damages, declaratory and injunctive relief and reasonable attorney fees and costs in this matter.”
Baker/Lolli and the Levy Ladies are still trying to beat down Educate Springboro.
Batter Up

Piqua, OH

#22306 Oct 8, 2012
Batter Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Baker/Lolli and the Levy Ladies are still trying to beat down Educate Springboro.
We all remember Gene Lolli threatening Educate Springboro "with legal charges" if Gene Lolli's community-wide public meeting promoting the school levy was caught on camera. Exactly which part of "public" definition does Gene Lolli not understand?
Why did Gene Lolli and the levy ladies want to hide the truth about the school district's "fake budget crisis" spreading lies to school district taxpayers?
Grapevine

Piqua, OH

#22307 Oct 8, 2012
Batter Up wrote:
<quoted text>
We all remember Gene Lolli threatening Educate Springboro "with legal charges" if Gene Lolli's community-wide public meeting promoting the school levy was caught on camera. Exactly which part of "public" definition does Gene Lolli not understand?
Why did Gene Lolli and the levy ladies want to hide the truth about the school district's "fake budget crisis" spreading lies to school district taxpayers?
Is it true that Tammy Grigsby is working with the levy ladies to circulate the petition against Springboro BOE; for NOT electing to purchase membership in the Ohio School Board Association's indoctrination training program; promoting the Urgency of school levies 24-7 throughout the year?
lollilonggone

Germantown, OH

#22308 Oct 8, 2012
Batter Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Why waste the keystrokes? Much like the pathetic Skyhawk varsity football that got trampled by 'Boro last Friday evening, Gene Lolli is Fairborn's problem to deal with now.
OSBAs one way agenda

Germantown, OH

#22309 Oct 8, 2012
Grapevine wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that Tammy Grigsby is working with the levy ladies to circulate the petition against Springboro BOE; for NOT electing to purchase membership in the Ohio School Board Association's indoctrination training program; promoting the Urgency of school levies 24-7 throughout the year?
The Ohio School Boards Leadership Council has been recently created. One of their primary goals is to demand continuously higher levels of transparency and accountability of the OSBA. I would imagine this might include the elimination of promoting the urgency of school levies 24-7 throughout the year.

OSBLC.com
Good people

Springboro, OH

#22310 Oct 8, 2012
Boro Bad Apple wrote:
We all remember NFSS babble gal, Tammy Grigsby, jumping up at the board meeting when the school superintendent resigned; trying to blame and shame our entire school district for causing her to lose her king of the babble bullies, David Baker.
We all remember that Tammy Grigsby's son led Malone's Youth Union community wide disrespectful protest against school district authority during March 2012; with the SEA Youth Union group threatening school board members with voting them out of office (once they became old enough to vote). We all remember that Tammy Grigsby among other of Baker's NFSS gals (including Lisa Babb and Tina Schrof) have received supplement contracts, which have been approved in public board meetings. So now, Tammy Grigsby seeks to "hurt our school children" by slapping on an expensive law suit against school district taxpayers, because she thinks she should be hired as boro bully teacher for "our children's future?
Sure glad our Springboro Schools didn't get stuck with Tammy Grigsby, who oviously is the bad apple that disires spilling her rot throughout the whole
barrel.
It is a matter of who you want teaching our children. Do you want a union no matter what supporter, a person that believes that lying to her community is what is best for the kids? A good ole boy system as long as it benefits her teacher. This choice would have given all teachers a bad name.
Good people

Springboro, OH

#22311 Oct 8, 2012
Court Jester wrote:
<quoted text>
Kohls owes no one anything. If you don't agree with her don't vote for her it is that simple. Kohls has never been bought and she only sees what is good for the kids she does not see that you have motives for stardom. You may need to be clear as to what you need just to not bad mouth her. Maybe Grigsby had the same expectations and see how it worked for her.
Good people

Springboro, OH

#22312 Oct 8, 2012
Court Jester wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't we just model our behavior the boro sports coach way
and just get "lawyered up" refusing access to our bank statements
like Holtrey, Benjamin, Wilhite and Pelfrey?
Maybe we can help them by coaching them on how to spend their money better so they can pay their bills better. The schools help us taxpayers by telling us how much the levy will be and how we can do without to pay that bill so lets do them the same favor.
Good grief

Springboro, OH

#22313 Oct 8, 2012
Better Watch Out wrote:
Keep Watching this District Parent Council 2012-13
"Moving FORWARD Together"
Policy #9140 Citizens Advisory Committees
Council Purpose:
-Create clear lines of communication between parents and district level administration.
-Provides input on relevant issues/problems confronting the school district.
-Serves as a communication link between the council and the Springboro community
Assists district level administration in Mission, Vision, and goal setting for all Springboro Schools
-Provides input as it pertains to district curriculum, business operations, and community communications.
Council Meeting Dates:
September 25, 2012
October 30, 2012
November 27, 2012
January 29, 2013
February 26, 2013
March 19, 2013
April 30, 2013
Council Members:
CE Amy Walker, Jenny Nijak
FP Kirsten Allen, Kirsten Black
DE Rochael Swavey, Christine Kennedy
SI Lisa Babb, Debbie Frank
JH Jennifer Kemper, Kim Crosen
HS Tiffany Carlisle, Sarah Jobe
I just looked at this list. How stupid to have the levy ladies here and pretent to be in it for the kids. What a farse.
What insanity

Springboro, OH

#22314 Oct 8, 2012
Better Watch Out wrote:
Keep Watching this District Parent Council 2012-13
"Moving FORWARD Together"
Policy #9140 Citizens Advisory Committees
Council Purpose:
-Create clear lines of communication between parents and district level administration.
-Provides input on relevant issues/problems confronting the school district.
-Serves as a communication link between the council and the Springboro community
Assists district level administration in Mission, Vision, and goal setting for all Springboro Schools
-Provides input as it pertains to district curriculum, business operations, and community communications.
Council Meeting Dates:
September 25, 2012
October 30, 2012
November 27, 2012
January 29, 2013
February 26, 2013
March 19, 2013
April 30, 2013
Council Members:
CE Amy Walker, Jenny Nijak
FP Kirsten Allen, Kirsten Black
DE Rochael Swavey, Christine Kennedy
SI Lisa Babb, Debbie Frank
JH Jennifer Kemper, Kim Crosen
HS Tiffany Carlisle, Sarah Jobe
Aren't all of these people on the petitions against this board? gee I wonder what they will recommend? Who put this team together?
Lets see the levy ladies push this group for a recommendation for a levy. Can't wait.
Steffy

Springboro, OH

#22315 Oct 8, 2012
Down in the Boro wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't steff plead it best to petrey at the last board meeting? declaring that now for the first time ever her child was proud to wear boro spirit wear to class on Friday, all because of SYB.
Remember that same old stuff during past levy season when Springboro teacher stood up in public board meeting, testifying she was ashamed to wear boro spirit wear, because voters would not pass a school levy for increased union wages and benefits?
I did notice that and all of a sudden I thought I was listening to Michele Obumma. Michele sadi, "I have never been proud of my country until now that my hubby is the king". "now you all bow to him while he takes your liberty".
Bad for Boro

Piqua, OH

#22316 Oct 8, 2012
What insanity wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't all of these people on the petitions against this board? gee I wonder what they will recommend? Who put this team together?
Lets see the levy ladies push this group for a recommendation for a levy. Can't wait.
This Bad for Boro special team of Petrey's Gal Pals was hand picked by the principals at each school; it seems that Petrey used very poor judgment in telling each school principal to send him two "select" parents to represent the "concerns" of all parents
at each school. Tiffany Carlisle and Sarah Jobe were chosen by old man Malone (surprise surprise)!
one wonders

Dayton, OH

#22317 Oct 8, 2012
Bad for Boro wrote:
<quoted text>
This Bad for Boro special team of Petrey's Gal Pals was hand picked by the principals at each school; it seems that Petrey used very poor judgment in telling each school principal to send him two "select" parents to represent the "concerns" of all parents
at each school. Tiffany Carlisle and Sarah Jobe were chosen by old man Malone (surprise surprise)!
sarah and tiffany are in it for their own prestige and self importance...both are wannabes!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#22318 Oct 9, 2012
isn't interesting how the "bad" always gets the news (media) and the "good" gets nothing - look at the politico system now - this is what my contentor for this office did wrong - it doesn't matter how/what/when/why just they did wrong - the "B" group gets all the press - now name just one person who has done "right" for the school not for the years that their kids were there but for 10's of years. how about making this site a positive place yes is wrong done but how about expressing the good people as well. We haven't had a "good" group in the BOE for a number of years but now we have a start - the "B" group is enpowered by all the press - selling bad is easy promoting good is hard - just look at the news the only promoting good is NBC's making a difference seg.- I don't like NBC's nightly news but I watch it to see that segment.
Midia stinks

Springboro, OH

#22319 Oct 9, 2012
boroson54 wrote:
isn't interesting how the "bad" always gets the news (media) and the "good" gets nothing - look at the politico system now - this is what my contentor for this office did wrong - it doesn't matter how/what/when/why just they did wrong - the "B" group gets all the press - now name just one person who has done "right" for the school not for the years that their kids were there but for 10's of years. how about making this site a positive place yes is wrong done but how about expressing the good people as well. We haven't had a "good" group in the BOE for a number of years but now we have a start - the "B" group is enpowered by all the press - selling bad is easy promoting good is hard - just look at the news the only promoting good is NBC's making a difference seg.- I don't like NBC's nightly news but I watch it to see that segment.
Network news and DD are a waste of time. They all seem to want to serve kool aid and tell us it is for our own good. DD does not report the news they make it up and they certainly do not report they embellish to make the conservatives look guilty. This DD is arm in arm with the union. I would not waste any time even clicking on a DD article.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Hiawatha 19,847
News Former Channel 7 anchor hired by Channel 2 (Nov '12) Fri Leroy 17
Can we please have a vacation from masturbation? Thu Dork of Hazard 4
Don't drive your cars to and from bars! Wed Mr Harrison 1
local prostitute caught with senior meals on wh... Wed Its the Harp Lager 7
"notice to my public" Apr 21 James Justice 5
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation Apr 20 t8rsalad 7
More from around the web

Dayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]