Not hiring smokers is discriminatory,...

Not hiring smokers is discriminatory, say groups

There are 14228 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 21, 2010, titled Not hiring smokers is discriminatory, say groups. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Smokers' rights groups and civil liberties advocates say the trend toward not hiring smokers in Ohio is discriminatory and could lead to bans against hiring others at risk of missing work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

First Prev
of 712
Next Last
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#14820 Oct 4, 2012
ItsAFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, so ewe (you) smoke and I'll bet ewe (you) smoke peders! Well we already knew that ewe (you) were stupid, mentally weak, and pathetic.
BTW for future reference; I DO NOT SMOKE ANYTHING.
Get a life "ewe (you)" typical redneck pathetic podunk troll!

All day every day this is all you do, and with all the names you go by, you still never say anything of any substance by any persona.

You, I am sure, make your family so proud!
TruthBeTold

Farmington, MI

#14821 Oct 4, 2012
Strel wrote:
Stop making excuses, smokers. It makes you look bad, smell bad, etc.
Just quit. It's your choice but all things being equal, I'll hire a non-smoker over a smoker every time.
Every
Time.
Well said...the writing is on the wall for the smokers.

It is rare that leadership positions, professionals, and corporate types smoke, meaning if smoker think they will move up the ladder, they may want to rethink their future if they ever want to be more.

And the "equal" is not very equal between smokers and non...coming into an interview, a smoker is by far at a greater disadvantage than a non-smoker.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#14822 Oct 4, 2012
ItsAFact wrote:
No Fairy Frisbee it means Maxie will be providing a dick for YOU to suck as you so blatantly desire.
Next...
You've already declared what you want. You can't change it, You can't take it back. It's in the record.
It is profoundly funny that you're too stupid to realize that's what you said.
No amount of your wholly pathetic attempts to backpedal will change anything. It's a fact.
ItsAFact

Myersville, MD

#14823 Oct 4, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to smoke sausage, especially that troll TruthBeTold teenie weenie
Stupid effin libertard, So glad to see ewe two back together again. I knew that teenie weenie Genie would waddle off to the left coast for a same sex honeymoon with ewe after all!
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#14824 Oct 4, 2012
Altering my quotes like a coward is not going to change the fact that you said you wanted Maxie to provide you with the oral fixation you crave.

You let your true self out. No going back into the closet for you.

Begging strangers on the internet to put things in your mouth.........Your mother must be proud.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#14825 Oct 4, 2012
ItsAFact wrote:
...which Maxie will provide.
It's NEVER going to go away!
Maj B

AOL

#14826 Oct 5, 2012
Payrolls gains were disappointingly tepid for a third month, the Labor Department said.
The nation's unemployment rate rose to 8.2% from 8.1% as 642,000 Americans surged into the labor force, many of whom could not find jobs.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#14830 Nov 25, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NEVER going to go away!
LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 712
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop tina turley or christina turley 5 hr Toughstuff 5
Indiana Governor Mike Dunce for veep? 6 hr John Kerry 6
Save Mother Earth! 6 hr John Kerry 9
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Thu Pay your taxes 31,934
The US empire and military are much too large! Thu The Old Cold Warrior 3
Hate Pollution at Lethal Levels in USA Thu Net Nut 5
After 50 years, it continues to this day. Thu Net Nut 1

Dayton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dayton Mortgages