Richard Fahlbush aka skin

Williamstown, KY

#1 Oct 12, 2010
No one responded to my request to "dress up" the cemetery directly above the old F&N Tavern on Rte. 8.
Anyone who attends Dayton Council meetings, please bring to the attention of the Council the terrible state of the old cemetery.
There is a ton of history attached to that place.
I am sure the Honorable Robert Allen of the council would take action to honor those old, old, names interred there.
Remember this: Someday we all shall reside someplace we trust will be cared for, and honored.
Will some tender soul please notify whomever has responsibliy for this historic site?
my 2 cents

Wimberley, TX

#2 Mar 27, 2011
Do you have any names of anyone who is buried there?
Alot of times in cases of old abandoned graveyard's like this you have to get the survieing Anscestors together and they go in and start taking care of the graves and forming comitties and all that unless it is a historical site.
Most people probably don't even know they have relatives there.
I am in my 40's and had absolutely no idea there was a graveyard there, or anywhere in Dayton for that matter.
Now my curiosity is up and I will have to go looking for this place and relatives.
long ago

Lexington, KY

#3 Apr 5, 2011
when I was a kid growing up in Dayton, we would walk the rail-road tracks to the old Cementary (German) its sits on a hill above the tracks, there used to be a large wooden cross that stood above the cementary at the top of the hill. at the time some of the head stones etc were missing..no one took care of it then either and thats been 60 years ago...:(
skin

Williamstown, KY

#4 Apr 8, 2011
my 2 cents wrote:
Alot of times in cases of old abandoned graveyard's like this you have to get the survieing Anscestors together and they go in and start taking care of the graves and forming comitties and all that unless it is a historical site.
I am in my 40's and had absolutely no idea there was a graveyard there, or anywhere in Dayton for that matter.
Now my curiosity is up and I will have to go looking for this place and relatives.
Thanks for your quote. I am in my 70's. Gosh that sounds old.
I hope you took the hike to the cemetery and was rewarded by that which you witnessed.
MY 2 CENTS

United States

#5 Apr 8, 2011
I am going this weekend in the warmer weather.
You ain't old, just experienceed and full of knowledge.
I LOVE to talk to people your age, I always learn a few things.
Interested

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Apr 9, 2011
Can we get an idea of just how to find it? If I went to the F&N, do you just walk up the hill behind it? Is there anyone around there who would have a problem with people going there? Thanks.
silt

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Apr 11, 2011
As far as I know the graveyard belongs to St. Bernard Church.They have neglected it for years, the Church & it's congregation should be ashamed of themselves.
Dick Fahlbush

Williamstown, KY

#8 May 11, 2011
Interested wrote:
Can we get an idea of just how to find it? If I went to the F&N, do you just walk up the hill behind it? Is there anyone around there who would have a problem with people going there? Thanks.
My brother and I went to the end of 5th Street and you will find a church there; alongside the Church is a path to take you to the tracks. Wear hiking shoes and long pants to stave off the chiggers.
Dave Kaiser said the man who owns a piced of fenced property is right below the cemetery and a very nice man. I do not know him.
Wouldn't hurt to ask. Would save quite a hike.
Dick Fahlbush

Williamstown, KY

#9 May 11, 2011
my 2 cents wrote:
Go to the net site and plug in St Francis cemetery Campbell County Kentucky all names buried there are posted; I guess all are posted
Dick Fahlbush

Williamstown, KY

#10 May 11, 2011
MY 2 CENTS wrote:
I am going this weekend in the warmer weather.
You ain't old, just experienceed and full of knowledge.
I LOVE to talk to people your age, I always learn a few things.
Grab hold of a copy of the book "DAYTON". Read with interest the account of the soldiers coming back from the Battle of New Orleans who decided to rest on a sandbar on the Ohio River when they spotted indians. The soldiers gave chase to collect $5.00 bounty for each on brought in. It was an ambush only 10 survived. The rumor started the soldiers were carrying a payroll in gold for the troops at Ft. Pitt. The gold disappeared. Later 8 workers installing Rte8 in this area disappered from their work detail and were never seen again. Could it be they found the gold? If not and you find it; remember to cut me in. lol Skin (55)
TRW

Naperville, IL

#11 Feb 10, 2012
As kids we lived on 6th street. We used to hike up the tracks. The graveyard is on the right side of the tracks, behind F&N. This was probably 27 years ago, but at that time there were headstones toppled over some of the graves were of young children. It was owned by St. Francis not St. Bernard. But St. Francis Church no longer exists. So I don't know who is responsible for this site. Alot of history....
huggybear

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Feb 10, 2012
Dick Fahlbush wrote:
<quoted text>
Grab hold of a copy of the book "DAYTON". Read with interest the account of the soldiers coming back from the Battle of New Orleans who decided to rest on a sandbar on the Ohio River when they spotted indians. The soldiers gave chase to collect $5.00 bounty for each on brought in. It was an ambush only 10 survived. The rumor started the soldiers were carrying a payroll in gold for the troops at Ft. Pitt. The gold disappeared. Later 8 workers installing Rte8 in this area disappered from their work detail and were never seen again. Could it be they found the gold? If not and you find it; remember to cut me in. lol Skin (55)
I guess now I will have to go look for the gold .. Skin, hi this is Joan truesdell (Cashwell) from your old school days

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
feral/stray cats (Jun '11) 5 hr colors 137
Where is the parking money 5 hr colors 30
Covington Chili 22 hr Athenesword 6
Looking for male English bulldog to breed with ... 22 hr Athenesword 2
Latonia Jukebox (Jul '12) Thu Musikologist 118
Migo Pangallo Dec 23 Joker 1
Feds indict eight in Kentucky motorcycle chop s... (Aug '11) Dec 23 benomo 135
Dayton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web