Newport High Students Fighting in Sch...

Newport High Students Fighting in School and on School Grounds

Posted in the Dayton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whats going on

AOL

#1 Nov 5, 2012
Has anybody heard about all the fights today? I heard a teen girl got beat down by at least 5 girls in front of the Principals nothing was done. I was told by students they acted scared didn't try to break it up. Hello this is Newport Principals No More Sweet talk Put your foot down. Yes call the police but do your job I heard a girl got her mouth kicked in. I heard Newport Girls Basketball players was out there fighting to. For many blocks they was out fighting with other students that was attacking the Basketball girls teams. I mean I do have kids that go to Newport and when I get called talking about kids getting attacked police are involved cause kids dont know how to act I am ashamed Newport has gone this low. To Newport Staff stop playing with your thumbs get tough on these out of control kids Thank you!!
Newport Mom

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Nov 5, 2012
As a parent of a high schooler and a primary in Newport I totally agree with you, something needs to be done. The kids are mean. Something needs to be done before it gets out of control even more. The real world is not like that - kindness breeds kindness and we need more. Maybe we can start by taking Newport HS back by getting the current Board out of there tomorrow and getting the school back from the state. Did you know that the Superintendent is the highest paid Superintendent in KY for the lowest enrollment?! And currently the school board doesn't even run Newport HS! The Super is only responsible for the Primary, Intermediate and the Middle School and getting paid 170k a year. that's crazy. Don't forget to vote tomorrow - Let's turn this town/city into something other towns look up to something we can be proud of! One day our children are going to be running it - and by the looks of it right now, that's not good...
whats going on

AOL

#3 Nov 5, 2012
I am voting tommorow I know I have called and that is the truth they dont run the High School I guess Some of the Newport Parents going to have to make the call to the State. The Principals up there have their picks who they like and who they just wanna pick on along with the students they are bullys to like the kids getting picked on they don't care they rather not do anything its like oh well like they really dont wanna be there anyways. Come Wed. I will be calling Campbell County Schools see what I have to do so my kids dont have to keep going through this. Going to see if my kids can go to Campbell County Schools its sad but newport leaves me no choice
wildcat fan

Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 6, 2012
whats going on wrote:
I am voting tommorow I know I have called and that is the truth they dont run the High School I guess Some of the Newport Parents going to have to make the call to the State. The Principals up there have their picks who they like and who they just wanna pick on along with the students they are bullys to like the kids getting picked on they don't care they rather not do anything its like oh well like they really dont wanna be there anyways. Come Wed. I will be calling Campbell County Schools see what I have to do so my kids dont have to keep going through this. Going to see if my kids can go to Campbell County Schools its sad but newport leaves me no choice
It will not matter where you send your kids. All school systems have trouble with kids and teachers they just hide them.
Kids are going to act the way their parnets raise and let them. So just keep in mind as long as you teach your kid to be good and nice to others that is all you can do.
got it

Somerset, KY

#5 Nov 6, 2012
whats going on wrote:
Has anybody heard about all the fights today? I heard a teen girl got beat down by at least 5 girls in front of the Principals nothing was done. I was told by students they acted scared didn't try to break it up. Hello this is Newport Principals No More Sweet talk Put your foot down. Yes call the police but do your job I heard a girl got her mouth kicked in. I heard Newport Girls Basketball players was out there fighting to. For many blocks they was out fighting with other students that was attacking the Basketball girls teams. I mean I do have kids that go to Newport and when I get called talking about kids getting attacked police are involved cause kids dont know how to act I am ashamed Newport has gone this low. To Newport Staff stop playing with your thumbs get tough on these out of control kids Thank you!!
I was driving down Saratoga and saw the tons of Newport students standing on the corners. It actually scared me. They all looked like they were up to no good. Now i know why. Mob mentality. The fight must have just happened at they were drifting away from it. I dont know what the problem is with these kids. I dont want to say there is no hope. But it sure feels that way.
leadership

United States

#6 Nov 6, 2012
Current board is in denial about the problems in Newport. They tell their neighbors things are good in the Newport schools and they are happy. Things are horrible in the schools. There is no leadership at the top. No accountability. Only politics. Lies. A rug to sweep everything under.
fights

United States

#7 Nov 6, 2012
Kids are out of control at the Intermediate School. Upchurch couldn't take it and left. Kids selling pot and fights happen all the time. Ask the mayor about the kids and the problems he knows about at the Intermediate school.
ann st

Somerset, KY

#8 Nov 6, 2012
fights wrote:
Kids are out of control at the Intermediate School. Upchurch couldn't take it and left. Kids selling pot and fights happen all the time. Ask the mayor about the kids and the problems he knows about at the Intermediate school.
Everyone knows about the middle school too. Arrest the little angels.
fliorda

Somerset, KY

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Heres a news flash for you parents...IT BEGINS WITH YOU!!!
A teacher has your kid (along with 30-40 others) for approx. 50 minutes a day. At school 8 hrs., equals not at school for 16. The school, teachers, board, super, etc. may suck but they aren't alone. Mind, Body and Soul= Education, work ethic, character===success! I'm not for schools using corporal punishment, but I sure would like to see more parents use it (sanely). Schools, and society at large were much much better back in the day when mom or dad wouldn't hesitate to use their paddle.(Historic accounts and statistics will verify that as well)......Start being a parent first instead of a buddy or friend would be the first step to correcting this situation, imho!
Starts at home

Louisville, KY

#10 Nov 6, 2012
The way our children act starts with YOU THE PARENT(S) It's no wonder the kids are bullies - all you have to do is look around at the end of school when the parents are there picking up their kids - lots of trash in Newport.
bully laws

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Nov 6, 2012
Therese's lawsagainst this. Teachers and principals should be held accountable for looking the other way. A school is a pace to learn not a fighting rink. Get rid of these kids and the adults that allow it
whats going on

AOL

#12 Nov 6, 2012
I just wish Everyday it get better but it gets worse.
whats going on

AOL

#13 Nov 7, 2012
Well today I heard the Newport High Basketball girls team got back at the bullys for what happened on Monday I heard they mased the girls who jumped them . I heard some of Girls basketball players got suspended for it!! Well nothing every happens to the thugs who beat our kids down bet them bullys will sit down now. Something is wrong today these kids are way out of hand . The ones who stand their ground gets in trouble so it's that way in Newport it's sad!!
wildcat fan

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 8, 2012
since these kids play sports will they have to set out or will they get to still paly
SUNBEAM

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Nov 8, 2012
opps
doubting Thomas

United States

#16 Nov 9, 2012
whats going on wrote:
Well today I heard the Newport High Basketball girls team got back at the bullys for what happened on Monday I heard they mased the girls who jumped them . I heard some of Girls basketball players got suspended for it!! Well nothing every happens to the thugs who beat our kids down bet them bullys will sit down now. Something is wrong today these kids are way out of hand . The ones who stand their ground gets in trouble so it's that way in Newport it's sad!!
Go girls basketball!
npt bball mom

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Nov 18, 2012
First off the girls who got jumped was not causing the trouble....my daughter is a straight A student and the girls jumped on her because she was friends with the actual girl they wanted to fight....and she got suspended for defending herself.....and is out 3 games. To top it off all of the bball girls who got suspended had a meeting with their parents.....the other girl who started the fight walked in with her mom and the mother looked at us and said,"I ain't got time for these bitches " and walked out.......nothing was done....and the girls who started this all has already been kicked out of Cincinnati schools for assault..........the girls who play bball had every right to defend themselves....... so don't go by what u hear not all kids in Newport are trouble makers or thugs.....and some parents actually take care of their kids.
question

United States

#19 Dec 9, 2012
What ever happened with this---did the girl who started all this get to come back to school?
wildcat fan

Chicago, IL

#20 Dec 10, 2012
question wrote:
What ever happened with this---did the girl who started all this get to come back to school?
Yes they did. Also they all are back to playing basketball. That just shows you can get in trouble and still be rewarded at Newport.
Sebastian

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Dec 11, 2012
Thank your principle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris minton 31 min Cornelius Scudmister 86
Heather family dollar 2 hr J my business 39
Kenton Hills Music Thread 4 hr Musikologist 3
Al Bund y 10 hr Virgil 4
Graceland Tue Wondering 1
Garden of eden Tue Pippi 1
Roseanne Tue Pippi 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dayton Mortgages