Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off ...
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8422 Apr 21, 2013
Ditto wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your bill include the past two years of assessments and late fees? Our GM's first plan of action should be to collect, collect and collect. Hard to believe this has happened.
And our assessments were raised? In the real world this would not have happened.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8423 Apr 21, 2013
Really wrote:
Was just on the yahoo forum. That Stuart is something. Is he the king?
Thinks he is. Probably a short man syndrome thingy... Thinks he knows everything.
Charmin

Ellijay, GA

#8424 Apr 21, 2013
Really wrote:
Was just on the yahoo forum. That Stuart is something. Is he the king?
Now let's help him. Someone should donate some toilet paper to Stuart and assist in cleaning that stuff off his nose.
where is coosaneighbor

Oxford, GA

#8425 Apr 22, 2013
The Coosaneighbor website is s mess. I liked the site and hope it will return.
does anyone know?
Coosa Neighbor

Ellijay, GA

#8426 Apr 22, 2013
where is coosaneighbor wrote:
The Coosaneighbor website is s mess. I liked the site and hope it will return.
does anyone know?
As I put on the website, "This website is being changed and will be active again soon. I will send an email when it is finished."

Kathleen Ashbey
CoosaNeighbor
RV owner

United States

#8427 Apr 25, 2013
Ditto wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your bill include the past two years of assessments and late fees? Our GM's first plan of action should be to collect, collect and collect. Hard to believe this has happened.
I paid the last two years. In previous years i had to go in to get a bill.
Just say it

United States

#8428 Apr 25, 2013
Coosa Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
As I put on the website, "This website is being changed and will be active again soon. I will send an email when it is finished."
Kathleen Ashbey
CoosaNeighbor
Please try to post the whole truth!!
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8429 Apr 25, 2013
Just say it wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks to me, from what I have read, that she is making some changes. What's your problem?
CoosaNeighbor

Ellijay, GA

#8430 Apr 26, 2013
Just say it wrote:
<quoted text>
What whole truth?

Kathleen Ashbey
CoosaNeighbor
help

Ellijay, GA

#8431 Apr 26, 2013
Can someone let the people on Rivoli Ct. know that summer is almost here & it's WAY past time to still have up Christmas lights up AND Easter eggs in the tree. Crazyness.
SMS

Ellijay, GA

#8432 Apr 27, 2013
Charmin wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's help him. Someone should donate some toilet paper to Stuart and assist in cleaning that stuff off his nose.
LOL
Comment

Ellijay, GA

#8433 Apr 27, 2013
I heard they are cutting back on the hours of manning the gates because of the cuts to the public safety department.

Just as the tourism season is about to start they take away the one part of public safety that actually does some good, acting as a visual deterrent.

This is just like Obama's version of sequestration,'make the people suffer. The GM here has got to go!!!

Since: Apr 13

Carmel, IN

#8434 Apr 27, 2013
Hello,
We vacationed in the resort last spring and loved it. We are considering purchasing our own home in the resort. Are there any comments good our bad about the resort? I see that the fees are going up and security is being cut. We are looking for a fixer or repo home to fix up. Any one selling? Are the values going up? We are looking for something long term for our family to gather for vacations and eventually retirement. Is there any fish in the river? How is security? Any other advice would be welcome.

Thanks J and K
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8435 Apr 27, 2013
missnga21 wrote:
Hello,
We vacationed in the resort last spring and loved it. We are considering purchasing our own home in the resort. Are there any comments good our bad about the resort? I see that the fees are going up and security is being cut. We are looking for a fixer or repo home to fix up. Any one selling? Are the values going up? We are looking for something long term for our family to gather for vacations and eventually retirement. Is there any fish in the river? How is security? Any other advice would be welcome.
Thanks J and K
CRRA is wonderful despite all the comments. We have had problems, but with new BOD members with business sense, things are on the upswing. We've never had a problem as far as security goes. Great place to live and wonderful scenery. I wouldn't trade it for anything. A great piece of paradise.
Have a Great Day

Ellijay, GA

#8436 Apr 27, 2013
missnga21 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks J and K
There are a couple of HUD homes that have been for sale for a while. The place is littered with "FOR SALE" signs everywhere. Get in touch with a local real estate agent if you're interested. No, the values are not going up, according to the tax assessors site. Many people are WAY upside down on their mortgages. Yes, there are fish in the river. Security can not handle any emergencies, except they can respond to medical emergencies, family incidents, etc., until the Sheriff's Dept. gets to you.
There is very little crime in CRRA and I really enjoy living here. As the other person said, there are definitely some problems, but they are being worked on. Mainly it's budget problems, which some owners don't even bother to be worried about, or get involved with, though they make our dues go up and our services go down.
Hope this helps!
FactChecker

Rome, GA

#8437 Apr 28, 2013
Have a Great Day wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a couple of HUD homes that have been for sale for a while. The place is littered with "FOR SALE" signs everywhere. Get in touch with a local real estate agent if you're interested. No, the values are not going up, according to the tax assessors site. Many people are WAY upside down on their mortgages. Yes, there are fish in the river. Security can not handle any emergencies, except they can respond to medical emergencies, family incidents, etc., until the Sheriff's Dept. gets to you.
There is very little crime in CRRA and I really enjoy living here. As the other person said, there are definitely some problems, but they are being worked on. Mainly it's budget problems, which some owners don't even bother to be worried about, or get involved with, though they make our dues go up and our services go down.
Hope this helps!
In general, the realestate market is improving.
I know some of the forclosures that have been in bank inventory are starting to show up on the market.

I have a fixer upper. I have been remodeling it. I had a house flipper from Atlanta knock on my door a few weeks ago and ask if I wanted to sell. He was interested in getting into the CRRA market.

He felt there was an opportunity for them to make money in the community.

The Public safety budget was cut. The gates are monitored with with cammeras, so staffing every gate and having patrols drive around,acting as a paid neighborhood watch was not the best use of funds.

The budget needed to provide the best value for the owners. The BC tried to strike a balnace between service levels and control of dues. Time will tell how this works. The focus will be more on facility and road spending.

CRRA is a great value. It is close to major metro areas,quiet, safe, full of wildlife and provides some ammenities.

Make your own informed choice, but I increased my investment over the past few years. I have no regrets.
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Opelika, AL

#8438 Apr 28, 2013
There is crime here. Dont let anyone say there isnt. Drugs and breakins. Murder. I have been here 24/7 for almost 4 years and we had a bad problem with break ins before I moved here full time. Drugs are horrible and they arent just in the CG either but around the community. Our fees/dues are being used on items that arent doing very much for the community but no one seems to be able to stop the bleeding that the previous bod started. Thank goodness things are starting to improve but it is slow slow going.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8439 Apr 28, 2013
Crazy Cat Lady 15000 wrote:
There is crime here. Dont let anyone say there isnt. Drugs and breakins. Murder. I have been here 24/7 for almost 4 years and we had a bad problem with break ins before I moved here full time. Drugs are horrible and they arent just in the CG either but around the community. Our fees/dues are being used on items that arent doing very much for the community but no one seems to be able to stop the bleeding that the previous bod started. Thank goodness things are starting to improve but it is slow slow going.
Drugs are a problem in the CG and maybe elsewhere in CRRA. Nothing major for me to sell. Crime.. probably.. but a non-issue. Probably kids who are bored. You make it sound like this is a horrible place to live. In fact, it is NOT. Things are turning around, and I plan to hang in there to see the improvements in our community. It won't happen overnight. The good far outweighs the bad.
Have a Great Day

Ellijay, GA

#8440 Apr 28, 2013
Crazy Cat Lady 15000 wrote:
OMG! I can't believe you wrote this on a public forum! The drug problem in CRRA is no worse than other subdivisions, I'm sure, and if people are aware of any excessive traffic to/from a particular home, they should report it to the authorities who have the power to handle it. I know of VERY few breakins, and I read the newspaper that tells about police calls. The only time we seem to have any problems with that is when there's new construction going on in an area. If residents would keep an eye on their neighbor's vacation homes, and be more aware of their surroundings, this could be prevented.
MURDER???? I've been here almost 6 years, and there has been one murder to my knowledge, and it was the result of domestic violence, and the man who killed his wife had a history of arrests for domestic violence. It happens in the very best of neighborhoods.
The budget has been cut, and I have a feeling with election of new BOD members, there will be more cuts while there will be more improvements at the same time.
PLEASE don't exaggerate the situation!!
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Decatur, GA

#8441 Apr 29, 2013
All I am saying is that CRR is like any other place in the U S. We are not special people just because we have a gate to drive thru. So get a grip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawsuit against Pickens County Schools 2 hr BS Detector 8
Football 3 hr No Tanks 4
Gilmer High Bobcat Football 20 hr Ex-Bobcat 63
Don Murray Busted Again (Sep '13) Mon Nacho 29
Witches in Ellijay (Dec '09) Aug 28 Dacmoy29 222
Who is Alton Rainey? (Dec '12) Aug 25 Snow 3
Ellijay Primary School Aug 25 ashamed bobcat 10

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance