Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off ...
seriously

Brandon, FL

#8401 Apr 8, 2013
There were some great discussions on tiered dues last year when the town hall meetings were taking place. Go back on this forum to June July and August 2012 and you will find them.
Owner

Ellijay, GA

#8402 Apr 8, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
DD said we pay the off duty sherrifs $12.50 an hour. I would rather have a sheriff patrolling any day! Well worth the money. Would like to see them performing all the patrols.
We them a lot more than that but it's still money well spent. DD is no longer a reliable or honest source of CRRA information.
Bob Fowler

Gainesville, FL

#8404 Apr 10, 2013
bob trammell wrote:
<quoted text>
I am looking at property there. What was your association fee? Would you recommend buying?
I have a half acre lot on a prime paved road. very buildable.
I paid $15,000. Sell for $15,000 or best offer.
[email protected]
Bob Fowler

Gainesville, FL

#8405 Apr 10, 2013
halfoti geattion on pae rd. Paid 15000
ell for $15000. dues current.
Kidding

Atlanta, GA

#8406 Apr 10, 2013
Bob Fowler wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a half acre lot on a prime paved road. very buildable.
I paid $15,000. Sell for $15,000 or best offer.
[email protected]
keep paying your dues. only a river lot might get 15k. Best offer around 5k.
Fly by Night Printing Co

Ellijay, GA

#8407 Apr 13, 2013
Now that the Board of Directors elections are approaching it's now time for David to start searching for a printing company that will go out of business.

We offer our customized services to CRRA. You pay in advance for the printing and we'll close our doors just hours before the CRRA order will be processed.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8408 Apr 13, 2013
Fly by Night Printing Co wrote:
Now that the Board of Directors elections are approaching it's now time for David to start searching for a printing company that will go out of business.
We offer our customized services to CRRA. You pay in advance for the printing and we'll close our doors just hours before the CRRA order will be processed.
This has happened several times. Let's see if "they" can get it done right this year. You made me laugh with your comment! It is so true!!!
The way it is

United States

#8409 Apr 14, 2013
Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
We them a lot more than that but it's still money well spent. DD is no longer a reliable or honest source of CRRA information.
The problem that most of the owners that live in crra want someone else to pay.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8410 Apr 14, 2013
The way it is wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that there has been no efforts in the collection process in the past many years. So why pay if CRRA doesn't enforce? How has this happened? Who is to blame? Over 4 million dollars out there uncollected. 4 million dollars. Lots of money. Why have dues gone up? Changes need to be made soon.
Have a Great Day

Ellijay, GA

#8411 Apr 14, 2013
The way it is wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the owners that live here should pay more! Many people have vacation homes here that make them INCOME by renting them out to as many as 15-16 guests, and those guests use the roads and the amenities, and everything else here. The people that don't rent them out, their full-time neighbors usually keep an eye on the property of those part-time residents.
Those with vacant lots do not usually keep those lots up, and they have fallen trees, dangerous trees, and are deep in leaves, thus a fire hazard.
For those of us that live here, we PAY to live here, by building homes, maintaining them, paying taxes and insurance as well as dues. Some of us don't even use the amenities, period, and those that live on dirt roads have to put up with the dust and poor maintenance of the roads.
If you weren't going to use it, you shouldn't have bought it!
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8412 Apr 15, 2013
Have a Great Day wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the owners that live here should pay more! Many people have vacation homes here that make them INCOME by renting them out to as many as 15-16 guests, and those guests use the roads and the amenities, and everything else here. The people that don't rent them out, their full-time neighbors usually keep an eye on the property of those part-time residents.
Those with vacant lots do not usually keep those lots up, and they have fallen trees, dangerous trees, and are deep in leaves, thus a fire hazard.
For those of us that live here, we PAY to live here, by building homes, maintaining them, paying taxes and insurance as well as dues. Some of us don't even use the amenities, period, and those that live on dirt roads have to put up with the dust and poor maintenance of the roads.
If you weren't going to use it, you shouldn't have bought it!
Everyone who buys in CRRA knows what they are buying into whether or not they live here FT, PT or own a lot. I think the consensus is that there have been many, many non paying members over the years which equals over $4,000,000! This is awful and shame on the BOD for continuing to a sign a contract for the past many years with "you know who" for a job "well done".
The Answers

Ellijay, GA

#8413 Apr 15, 2013
Worthy News wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that there has been no efforts in the collection process in the past many years. So why pay if CRRA doesn't enforce? How has this happened? Who is to blame? Over 4 million dollars out there uncollected. 4 million dollars. Lots of money. Why have dues gone up? Changes need to be made soon.
How has this happened? Apathy of the General Manager.

Who is to blame? The General Manager -- it's the GM's job to increase revenue, keep costs down and supervise his staff.

Why have dues gone up? They have gone up $200 to cover assessments that the General Manager did not bother to collect. It was easier for him -- with approval by the board members at the time -- to simply charge owners more.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8414 Apr 15, 2013
The Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
How has this happened? Apathy of the General Manager.
Who is to blame? The General Manager -- it's the GM's job to increase revenue, keep costs down and supervise his staff.
Why have dues gone up? They have gone up $200 to cover assessments that the General Manager did not bother to collect. It was easier for him -- with approval by the board members at the time -- to simply charge owners more.
Well he hasn't exactly been doing a stellar job for how long now? He is paid the big bucks, six figures, so he should be doing all what you are saying. Isn't he a COO? Isn't it his job to take care of these things? He really shouldn't need direction, he should just "do". Hasn't been happening. Time for a change.
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

United States

#8415 Apr 16, 2013
Worthy News wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he hasn't exactly been doing a stellar job for how long now? He is paid the big bucks, six figures, so he should be doing all what you are saying. Isn't he a COO? Isn't it his job to take care of these things? He really shouldn't need direction, he should just "do". Hasn't been happening. Time for a change.
exactly! aint been posting for a while as my health has not been the greatest but DD needs to go or let Gilmer take us over.
seriously

Tampa, FL

#8416 Apr 17, 2013
Crazy Cat Lady 15000 wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly! aint been posting for a while as my health has not been the greatest but DD needs to go or let Gilmer take us over.
Hope you are better
RV owner

Cumming, GA

#8417 Apr 17, 2013
I got my CRRA bill this year.

The last two years I did not.

thank you for being more accurate.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#8418 Apr 19, 2013
RV owner wrote:
I got my CRRA bill this year.
The last two years I did not.
thank you for being more accurate.
I am wondering why you did not get a bill for two years. Did you move or were you traveling in your RV and the bills were back home?

Since our GM can't seem to collect on $4 million I am curious why you didn't receive your bill.
Really

Ellijay, GA

#8419 Apr 19, 2013
Was just on the yahoo forum. That Stuart is something. Is he the king?
Yep

Ellijay, GA

#8420 Apr 19, 2013
Really wrote:
Was just on the yahoo forum. That Stuart is something. Is he the king?
He thinks he is but is not. Don't waste your time on him.
Ditto

Ellijay, GA

#8421 Apr 20, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am wondering why you did not get a bill for two years. Did you move or were you traveling in your RV and the bills were back home?
Since our GM can't seem to collect on $4 million I am curious why you didn't receive your bill.
Did your bill include the past two years of assessments and late fees? Our GM's first plan of action should be to collect, collect and collect. Hard to believe this has happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Shay McCloud (May '08) 6 hr Rodney 3
Pretty sweet 14 hr Cuff 3
Bobcats Mon Gilmersucks 23
body found on fort mountain why no more been told (Sep '10) Sep 15 Mr Poo Poo 8
Irma Prep In Gilmer Sep 11 Go Gilmer 7
7th grade basketball (Dec '15) Sep 10 Gilmersucks 14
Sex offender associating with child abuse program (Jul '15) Sep 10 Gilmersucks 34

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawsonville Mortgages