Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off ...
Proactive

Ellijay, GA

#8299 Mar 8, 2013
Down and Out in CRR wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I can't sell my place. Same reason as everyone else. We are all down and out. The difference is that I admit it. If you knew what a great place this used to be before the northern city trash moved in, you would complain to.
Speak for yourself...wallow in the muck, spew your paranoia. You are a wimpy piss-ant and a contributing factor to your own malaise. Attend monthly meetings, be a part of the solution...most of us are here to enjoy and to protect what we have worked hard to achieve. Try a high colonic to cleanse your prejudice/hatred...you miserable wretch! Maybe we could buy you out?
Down and Out in CRR

Ellijay, GA

#8300 Mar 8, 2013
Proactive wrote:
Speak for yourself...wallow in the muck, spew your paranoia. You are a wimpy piss-ant and a contributing factor to your own malaise. Attend monthly meetings, be a part of the solution...most of us are here to enjoy and to protect what we have worked hard to achieve. Try a high colonic to cleanse your prejudice/hatred...you miserable wretch!
Was that in case someone missed my posts showing what rude uncivilized nasty people have moved here from the cities?
Proactive wrote:
Maybe we could buy you out?
If you had any money, you would be playing golf at Big Canoe instead of attending endless monthly meetings trying to get the meth heads out of here.
Beaver Lady

Ellijay, GA

#8301 Mar 8, 2013
Today is the end of the first week my husband and I have been at our 2nd home in Coosawattee since the apple festival in Ocober. Coosawattee looks run down and not nearly maintained as well as in years past and yet our fees go up every yesr. The attides of some high ranking staff have been terrible if not hostile this past week in dealing with what we thought would be simple problems. We tend to agree with many of the posters here that Coosawattee is in dire need of new management before this community goes downhill any further.
Lee

Ellijay, GA

#8302 Mar 8, 2013
Amen!
RV owner

Cumming, GA

#8303 Mar 9, 2013
any news on special meeting today at CRRA Board????
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8304 Mar 9, 2013
RV owner wrote:
any news on special meeting today at CRRA Board????
Special mtg? If you know about special mtg, you know something. Spill the beans.
paymorebuylessth ecrrway

Ellijay, GA

#8305 Mar 12, 2013
Beaver Lady wrote:
Today is the end of the first week my husband and I have been at our 2nd home in Coosawattee since the apple festival in October. Coosawattee looks run down and not nearly maintained as well as in years past and yet our fees go up every year. The attitudes of some high ranking staff have been terrible if not hostile this past week in dealing with what we thought would be simple problems. We tend to agree with many of the posters here that Coosawattee is in dire need of new management before this community goes downhill any further.
Great post! Fees are going up again this coming year. More money will be poured into the Villas for the sixth straight year, leaving less money for roads and amenities as usual. Your analysis is spot on and many owners agree.

The attitude of staffers flows from the top down and has been festering for at eats seven years.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8306 Mar 14, 2013
paymorebuylessthecrrway wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post! Fees are going up again this coming year. More money will be poured into the Villas for the sixth straight year, leaving less money for roads and amenities as usual. Your analysis is spot on and many owners agree.
The attitude of staffers flows from the top down and has been festering for at eats seven years.
Yep, the money continues to go to the Villas. My, what a smart business decision that was to merge.......... NOT. Again, let's remember who was involved in that wonderful decision. DD, BS, DM, RC, BG just to name a few. You are correct, in that all flows from top down. The "top" was a major influence in taking over the Villas. This is who is running our organization. Doesn't that make you feel comfortable? And then, BS gets paid 6 figures to "manage the rehab" of villas and to get paid on a job well done. Didn't happen, but I heard BS still got paid. Sweet deal for him and now a BOD and our "treasurer". Is BS an accountant?
seriously

Brandon, FL

#8307 Mar 15, 2013
Worthy News wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the money continues to go to the Villas. My, what a smart business decision that was to merge.......... NOT. Again, let's remember who was involved in that wonderful decision. DD, BS, DM, RC, BG just to name a few. You are correct, in that all flows from top down. The "top" was a major influence in taking over the Villas. This is who is running our organization. Doesn't that make you feel comfortable? And then, BS gets paid 6 figures to "manage the rehab" of villas and to get paid on a job well done. Didn't happen, but I heard BS still got paid. Sweet deal for him and now a BOD and our "treasurer". Is BS an accountant?
GREED

Even under the cloak of "it's the best thing for CRR" it is still greed.

POWER

the more power that is given, the more potential for abuse of that power.

SUCCESS (in CRR)

Success is measured not only by what you are doing but most importantly HOW you are doing it.

HALF TRUTHS

are really just whole lies in disquise
Down and Out in CRR

Ellijay, GA

#8308 Mar 15, 2013
Worthy News wrote:
Yep, the money continues to go to the Villas. My, what a smart business decision that was to merge.......... NOT.
They advertise the villas with misleading "press releases" which are really just ads to persuade the city hordes to bring their kids to CRR. That does not benefit any of the residents who own property here. We bought homes here. We did not buy a booth at a carnival.

Here is an ad promoting an Easter Egg Hunt.

http://www.prlog.org/12099294-north-georgia-e...
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#8309 Mar 15, 2013
Down and Out in CRR wrote:
<quoted text>
They advertise the villas with misleading "press releases" which are really just ads to persuade the city hordes to bring their kids to CRR. That does not benefit any of the residents who own property here. We bought homes here. We did not buy a booth at a carnival.
Here is an ad promoting an Easter Egg Hunt.
http://www.prlog.org/12099294-north-georgia-e...
CRRA is trying to promote the Villas, and I'm all for that. Some families might want to get away for the weekend. The more money the Villas make, the less that comes out of our pockets. We have spent enough on the terrible business decision current management and previous BOD made. I'm all for NEW management.
Willie

Tucker, GA

#8310 Mar 15, 2013
disappointed owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't there but heard dues are going up and there will be cuts in every department. Paying more and getting less again. It's been like this for years. Where is all the money going? Anybody buying in CRR right now would be nuts.
You ideal is Buy HIGH and sell low???

People that make money buy when things are LOW
ZIp It

Ellijay, GA

#8311 Mar 15, 2013
Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
You ideal is Buy HIGH and sell low???
People that make money buy when things are LOW
Using that logic buyers should wait a while longer because as long as the current corrupt crowd remains in power CRR has yet to hit bottom. However, if the goal of DD, BS, DM et. al. is to have CRR r/e values hit rock bottom while doing substantial pocket lining, they are doing a fine job.
Contract Time

Ellijay, GA

#8312 Mar 15, 2013
DD's contract is coming up for renewal. I, for one, don't want to see it renewed. He hasn't been doing a stellar job. The man couldn't even make any cuts when it was budget time. Hello?
Contract Time

Ellijay, GA

#8313 Mar 15, 2013
ZIp It wrote:
<quoted text>
Using that logic buyers should wait a while longer because as long as the current corrupt crowd remains in power CRR has yet to hit bottom. However, if the goal of DD, BS, DM et. al. is to have CRR r/e values hit rock bottom while doing substantial pocket lining, they are doing a fine job.
This is a good reason for DD's contract NOT to get renewed. Old boys club needs to go bye, bye and let's get management in here who knows how to run a business! It's been a smooth ride for DD but not for the homeowners. He hasn't really had our good intrests at heart. Now that we have new BOD, things are changing. Me thinks some folks are scared. Good! Time for MANY changes in CRRA, the first being new management.
Flabergasted

Ellijay, GA

#8314 Mar 15, 2013
At the fireside chat tonight BOD President, Susan Gardner go up and walked out of the meeting to chat wth a friend for over 20 minutes. When a question came up about properties, somebody actually had to go outside and summon her back into the meeting. For any board member and espicially for the board president to put personal matters before CRR, Susan Gardner's disinterest in the affiars of CRR was obvious. On begalf of all owners I apologize to Susie for being an interuption to her job and not the purpose of it.
Hermans Mama

Ellijay, GA

#8315 Mar 16, 2013
Flabergasted wrote:
At the fireside chat tonight BOD President, Susan Gardner go up and walked out of the meeting to chat wth a friend for over 20 minutes. When a question came up about properties, somebody actually had to go outside and summon her back into the meeting. For any board member and espicially for the board president to put personal matters before CRR, Susan Gardner's disinterest in the affiars of CRR was obvious. On begalf of all owners I apologize to Susie for being an interuption to her job and not the purpose of it.
Isn't this the same person that caused the board meeting to be cancelled at the last minute because she was on a spur of the moment vacation in Florida? Momma used to tell me not to get my hopes up because then I would just have farther to fall.
Willie

United States

#8316 Mar 16, 2013
Susan is doung a better job than rhonda
Willie

United States

#8317 Mar 16, 2013
Contract Time wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good reason for DD's contract NOT to get renewed. Old boys club needs to go bye, bye and let's get management in here who knows how to run a business! It's been a smooth ride for DD but not for the homeowners. He hasn't really had our good intrests at heart. Now that we have new BOD, things are changing. Me thinks some folks are scared. Good! Time for MANY changes in CRRA, the first being new management.

Any news on DD contracr?
hillbilly

United States

#8318 Mar 16, 2013
We brought our familly up here because its beautiful.have public safety patrolling roads and grounds do good job
And we have animal control.its an awsome place and its ran well we think.yes it has a few problems they will be weeded out soon.god bless everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Cinema Complex in East Ellijay (Nov '09) 22 hr Girl22 21
Big Creek Murder Fri Deplorable 1
Review: North Georgia Pain Clinic (Mar '14) Wed Martha payne 2
Gilmer BOE budget... Jul 19 BeAnExampleWithMoney 47
Ed Singleton/Singleton Foods getting sued Jul 17 sandko 5
Infant beat by his father. Dawsonville accepts ... Mar '17 Family covers it up 2
Elena Stuart dating married Marine Seth Yates (Nov '16) Jan '17 Not elena 4

Dawsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dawsonville Mortgages