Rick Turnbull Alpharetta

Roswell, GA

#7553 Jan 19, 2013
And I thought you were taken out with the trash! When I do leave, I'll leave you a little money so you can do some clean up yourself. Maybe a bar of soap for your mouth!
Crazy Cat Lady 15000 wrote:
dang i thought rick had moved out altogether. oh well another wishful thinking
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#7554 Jan 19, 2013
haha. only gonna come back in a couple of months, huh? liar liar pants on fire. oh btw may sure it is dove, it moisturizes ROFLOL!
Granny

Hollywood, FL

#7555 Jan 19, 2013
Crazy Cat Lady 15000 wrote:
haha. only gonna come back in a couple of months, huh? liar liar pants on fire. oh btw may sure it is dove, it moisturizes ROFLOL!
You sure do contradict yourself. Claiming in posts past to be a Christian. You've proved yourself to be a hypocrite and a bigot. Neither are becoming to people if any faith.
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#7556 Jan 19, 2013
i know who i am and what i believe and i dont pay attention to what others say or think of me so your comments dont bother me either. but i dont hesitate to say it like it is either
ful time owner

Ellijay, GA

#7557 Jan 19, 2013
Just wanted to let everyone know that I went to the water tower this morning for the meeting not knowing it was called off at the last minute. I would like to thank Kathleen Ashby, also know as coosa neighbor lady, who was on the steps letting me and other owners now that the meeting was called off and postponed one week.

The reasons given by the board president for calling off the meeting are highly doubtful and make me wonder about the overall integrity of several of our board of directors and certainly the manager.

Something has to change in CRR. how many other owners feel the same way and what should be done to restore our community reputation to something other than a haven for corruption and a disgrace within the real estate market.
Educate the Students

Talking Rock, GA

#7558 Jan 20, 2013
ful time owner wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I went to the water tower this morning for the meeting not knowing it was called off at the last minute. I would like to thank Kathleen Ashby, also know as coosa neighbor lady, who was on the steps letting me and other owners now that the meeting was called off and postponed one week.
The reasons given by the board president for calling off the meeting are highly doubtful and make me wonder about the overall integrity of several of our board of directors and certainly the manager.
Something has to change in CRR. how many other owners feel the same way and what should be done to restore our community reputation to something other than a haven for corruption and a disgrace within the real estate market.
Word got out that the meeting was going to be VERY IMPORTANT, info leaked by a board member, reportedly, in the e-mails sent out. People were strongly urged to attend and many people make arrangements to attend. Then, Friday morning the meeting was cancelled and people on the BOARD itself, who were enroute from home reported that they received calls telling them to turn around and go home, that the meeting was cancelled.
The meeting is moved to next Saturday, and they are only allowing ONE HOUR for the board meeting, which usually the "opening ceremonies" take up that much time! It starts at 9 AM and at 10 AM, the budget workshop begins! BOD meetings generally last for hours!
I'm sure there will be no time for owner-participation!!
seriously

Washington, DC

#7559 Jan 20, 2013
With the percentage of out of town owners in that community I am sure there were some disappointed members
Hermans Mama

Ellijay, GA

#7560 Jan 20, 2013
Educate the Students wrote:
<quoted text>
Word got out that the meeting was going to be VERY IMPORTANT, info leaked by a board member, reportedly, in the e-mails sent out. People were strongly urged to attend and many people make arrangements to attend. Then, Friday morning the meeting was cancelled and people on the BOARD itself, who were enroute from home reported that they received calls telling them to turn around and go home, that the meeting was cancelled.
The meeting is moved to next Saturday, and they are only allowing ONE HOUR for the board meeting, which usually the "opening ceremonies" take up that much time! It starts at 9 AM and at 10 AM, the budget workshop begins! BOD meetings generally last for hours!
I'm sure there will be no time for owner-participation!!
I, for one, don't know why we stand for this. It seems the BOD discovered that word got out it was going to be a VERY IMPORTANT MEETING, which means that lots of home owners might have showed up that normally don't bother to attend. They seem to want to make sure that we aren't there. To change a meeting that affects THOUSANDS of possible attendees at the last minute when some would have made arrangements to spend the weekend in ellijay AT THE LAST MINUTE, is suspect at least.

And then, to tell you that there is only one hour to handle all the business of something so large, with so many possible attendees wishing to be heard, is just plain wrong. So who is going to stand up to them and demand time??? My momma always said "if it stinks it's probably rotten" and this stinks.
Granny

Hollywood, FL

#7561 Jan 20, 2013
Hermans Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
I, for one, don't know why we stand for this. It seems the BOD discovered that word got out it was going to be a VERY IMPORTANT MEETING, which means that lots of home owners might have showed up that normally don't bother to attend. They seem to want to make sure that we aren't there. To change a meeting that affects THOUSANDS of possible attendees at the last minute when some would have made arrangements to spend the weekend in ellijay AT THE LAST MINUTE, is suspect at least.
And then, to tell you that there is only one hour to handle all the business of something so large, with so many possible attendees wishing to be heard, is just plain wrong. So who is going to stand up to them and demand time??? My momma always said "if it stinks it's probably rotten" and this stinks.
If y'all read your bylaws you would know that meetings can be run only by the board president or vice president.
Neither could be there. Susan was in Florida And betty was sick. The treasurer was also out of town.
Sorry all of you who want to make more of this than it is.
If it is important it can wait until the officers and directors can be present.
Bob 2

Rome, GA

#7562 Jan 20, 2013
Love CRRA wrote:
I live in Florida and enjoy having a place in CRRA.
The lot next to us is vacant. An appraiser told me that having a bigger lot should make our lot more valuable.
How do I find out who owns the lot next to me??
You can check the Gilmer county tax page.
Put in you name, find your property. then from the map, you can view your nieghbor.
The White Raven

Ellijay, GA

#7563 Jan 20, 2013
Part of the problem with CRR, and we know there are many problems, is this board here at topix.com .

For one thing, when you open the web page to this board, the first comment(s) from back in 2007 come up and those comments are quite negative for the most part, so that's what most readers view and they never bother to [or don't know how to] go to the first page of the blog to view the most recent posts and comments.

Many will say this board does not matter and is ignored. That may be true for many, but for many others that are out-of-towners or are just ignorant about CRR they look around a little on the internet and easily find their way here. Then from that many of them will just parrot what they read here to others or take in everything they read here as the gospel.

As a start this forum starting at page 1, most recent comments, right from the jump would be good, and then also perhaps all comments more than two years old should be archieved in another section that would be linked if anyone cared to look at it.

This is the right day for The White Raven to come to roost here; all other Ravens{black}[fowl> ~foul?] will rule all of our roost(s) tomorrow on our special holiday. Some natives will be sure to work tomorrow when probably they would not work any other day of the year.
The White Raven

Ellijay, GA

#7564 Jan 20, 2013
Caw! Caw! I may be roosting here for a very long time so you may as well get used to it and decide that you like it. You can click all the "clueless" and "nuts" judgements you like but it will be no effect. Also please don't be so stupid as to accuse me of impersonating some of these nin-'cum'-poops and carpetbaggers that come on here all the time.

Just give it a little time. You'll know me and you'll know me well. Then I would expect to see mostly all green check marks and "agree" in the 'judgement' section.

What was the outcome of the thing with the re-platting and the higher dues? Did the corporate interests get their way over the little people like they usually do? With this blog being the way it is, it's hard to know.
Hermans Mama

Ellijay, GA

#7565 Jan 20, 2013
Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
If y'all read your bylaws you would know that meetings can be run only by the board president or vice president.
Neither could be there. Susan was in Florida And betty was sick. The treasurer was also out of town.
AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW THAT UNTIL RIGHT BEFORE THE MEETING? That is what stinks. Susan knew she was in Florida, and if she didn't realize she was out of town, I guess we have a different problem. And, when you are president of a board governing such a big entity, I would think you would take it serious and be there or not schedule a meeting when you knew you were out of town. But, then, it's always been this way, don't know why I am having trouble with it now. Momma always said, "once a fool always a fool, and there's nothing worse than an old fool." I should of listened more to momma.
The White Raven

Ellijay, GA

#7566 Jan 20, 2013
Caw! Caw! I'll be crowing a lot while many of you will no doubt soon start to cackle.

I should have also mentioned in a previous post that another part of the problem here is the title of this blog - "Coosawatee Resort Ripping Off Owners".

Well most of the locals know the title is correct and appropriate, but even if it were not - the impression is put out [in a big way] that CRR is a ripp-off. It might be better if this blog had a more neutral title, so that if anything ever did improve in our lifetime CRR would not still be widely known and accepted to be a ripp-off.

But in general, when you have a POA or Home Owner's Association it's just another bureaucracy and little government on its on. In time, too many 'staff' employees are added on and officials glum on to too many perks and pretentious privileges. Next thing you know the dues are sky high and whole thing collapses. It seems like we're very much close to that point. Seems like anybody with any sense at all would come to power by putting forward a dues 'freeze' at some reasonable level as say [$499] for at least the next three years. Balance the budget against what the take is during hard times. If CRR can't run on dues of $499 per year it needs to fail and go bankrupt, but as it is it has probably already gone too far and CRR is doomed to fail in its present from.

But maybe it's all part of a larger scam and horrific sham being put over on property owners in the CRR. Over flow from Atlanta has no other direction to go, and as 99% of the water supply in metro-ATL is only fit to drink after heavy clorination[and even then that's doubtful], where is the next source of water they might glum on to? Not too difficult to figure that one out, and for growth and development water is essential.

I'll have more to caw, err crow..., about, about the above soon enough, but now about our other dirty bird(s) the Falcon(s)... I see it as 49'ers 34, dirty bird(s) 27. 49'ers West Coast, and Patriots on the East Coast in the Bowl... They plan it that way and like it that way.
Granny

Hollywood, FL

#7567 Jan 20, 2013
The question of whether to good the January meeting on the 19th was raised at the last meeting. Betty is perfectly capable of running a meeting and that was why the board agreed to keep the meeting on the schedule as planned.
The fact is she got sick Fri.
That alone meant there could not be a meeting. The email I received was quite prompt.
Come next week and stay for the budget workshop.
It is probably better in the long run to have the full board there.
Ol Geezer

Cedartown, GA

#7568 Jan 20, 2013
Mr. Moderator: it seems to be time to change the title of this "Blog" or "thread" to 'UNHAPPY SOULS WHO DON'T LIKE ANYTHING IN THE WORLD, ESPECIALLY CRRA'.
Where are Her Priorities

Ellijay, GA

#7569 Jan 20, 2013
Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Merriam-Webster Dictionary
"preside"
1. To exercise guidance, direction or control
2. To occupy the place of authority: act as president, chairman or moderator
CRRA By-Laww
Article IV Board of Directors
B. Meetings
Section 12 Conduct of Meetings. "The President shall preside over all meetings of the Board of Directors." Later in the same Section is: "One or more directors who particupate in a meeting by means of telephone or electronic communiocation shall be deemed present and in attendance for all purposes at such meeting, providing all such persons participating in the meeting can hear each other."
Therefore according to the CRRA By-Laws, Susan Gardner, could have "presided" over the meeting by telephone.
There are enough people manning the RV Show booth that Susan could have taken out a few hours to preside over the meeting by telephone. Certainly Bill Smith is handing out brochures and is qualified to execute the proper paperwork to sell a lot.
Where are her priorities?
Manning a booth at a trade show or presiding over a board meeting?
Uncle Louie

Ellijay, GA

#7570 Jan 20, 2013
Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
It is important that the officers be present for meetings and not off on some owner-paid junket.

You posted that from Tampa, which just happens to be the exact location where Susan is while attending the RV show. What a coincidence!

If Susan or her puppet masters have time to read and post on Topix, they could have and should have found the time to attend the meeting by phone as allowed by our Bylaws.

There is no excuse for Susan's never ending river of lame excuses, lies and irrational behavior. She is in over her head and continues to be dishonest with owners and other BOD members. She is clearly not fit to be the President of the Board of Directors.

The duty for the rest of the BOD is clear. Have a nice safe trip back from Tampa and then RESIGN!!!!!
goin postal

San Jose, CA

#7571 Jan 20, 2013
Ol Geezer wrote:
Mr. Moderator: it seems to be time to change the title of this "Blog" or "thread" to 'UNHAPPY SOULS WHO DON'T LIKE ANYTHING IN THE WORLD, ESPECIALLY CRRA'.
Mr. Moderator, please change the title of this blog to, CORRUPT SOULS TRYING THEIR DARNDEST TO INTIMIDATE, BELITTLE AND THREATEN ANY CCC OWNER WHO SPEAKS UP ABOUT THE CORRUPTION IN CRR.

Until the trash is completely cleaned out from the top, Coosawattee continues to be is very bad place to make an investment. Until it gets better, making an investment in CRR will remain a poor idea.
You are so correct

Duluth, GA

#7572 Jan 20, 2013
Where are Her Priorities wrote:
<quoted text>
Merriam-Webster Dictionary
"preside"
1. To exercise guidance, direction or control
2. To occupy the place of authority: act as president, chairman or moderator
CRRA By-Laww
Article IV Board of Directors
B. Meetings
Section 12 Conduct of Meetings. "The President shall preside over all meetings of the Board of Directors." Later in the same Section is: "One or more directors who particupate in a meeting by means of telephone or electronic communiocation shall be deemed present and in attendance for all purposes at such meeting, providing all such persons participating in the meeting can hear each other."
Therefore according to the CRRA By-Laws, Susan Gardner, could have "presided" over the meeting by telephone.
There are enough people manning the RV Show booth that Susan could have taken out a few hours to preside over the meeting by telephone. Certainly Bill Smith is handing out brochures and is qualified to execute the proper paperwork to sell a lot.
Where are her priorities?
Manning a booth at a trade show or presiding over a board meeting?
Yes, the meeting could have proceeded as planned. Ms.Pres could have phoned in. Wonder how many homeowners were inconvienced? I know I was. You're correct , Where are her priorities, Ms. Pres probably had her cell phone and could have phoned in for the meeting. The other many, many people at RV show could have handled the booth. An EM slot is up for re-election soon.(Wonder who?) Perhaps we can work on fresh blood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies Please Read 5 hr Ga Girl 56 6
What's going on tonight on Roy Rd? 11 hr Ellijay Local 2
rusty beamon (Apr '14) 22 hr tmv post 12
Shut it down Dec 18 Ellijay 1
Blue Ridge Topix crossover to Ellijay Dec 18 Ellijay 1
Stalking case Dec 18 Ellijay 1
The Oar House Dec 17 Curious Tourist 1

Dawsonville News Video

Dawsonville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dawsonville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dawsonville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dawsonville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:14PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:53 AM
Julio Jones' availability hinges on pre-game workout, again
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
Bleacher Report 9:45 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Saints
Bleacher Report10:16 AM
Complete Preview for Saints vs. Falcons